• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

DGPT lists PP without a major sponsor in their "Women of the Pro Tour" post.

I'm glad you pointed it out. its pretty obvious from the picture. No prodigy logo or name, and they somewhat conspicuously picked a photo of her with ZERO prodigy gear on, and you can't even see the stamp on the disc she's throwing. What I'm trying to say is

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Examples...

9ab34fe9e2ab7e3a6b2aaa265b7e91d7.jpg

ebfb7c3405a1ea566ec7e0fbc0684b19.jpg

a24fa10631157ababf50f1391a270522.jpg

f04e4dda8b53c40c9f85eee695bc1b4f.jpg

Yes. I believe he's still a Canadian citizen who's married to Elaine King sponsored by Discraft.
correct. Both still Canadian, both still say the words "aboot" and "ah geez" a lot. They are living in Durham NC now and Elaine is still sponsored by Discraft. EV is not sponsored to my knowledge and is definitely throwing a mixed bag, with some really old plastic in it. To give you an idea of how old school EV is he still has a Hammerhead in his bag

I'm positive it says Prodigy under Paige's pony tail. But it is obstructed, and, they definitely could have used a picture with Prodigy blasted on it. So...

Sarahs picture is funny.

I'm positive it says Prodigy under Paige's pony tail. But it is obstructed, and, they definitely could have used a picture with Prodigy blasted on it. So...

Sarahs picture is funny.

You're right. I was looking at the logo on the other side of her shirt.

Sarah in action shots are always hilarious, I wish I could be 80% as good as her considering I throw half as akwardly

Regardless of logos on her shirt when the picture was snapped, there's no sponsor logo at the bottom of the photo. I can only imagine innova would pick her up. The choice of champions and all that.

What if she said **** it. I'm taking the cash and gonna win every tournament. Mixed-bag ftw, my lyfe.

PP has the DGPT #1 power rank & she doesn't even have a sponsor listed. I guess it really is "the archer not the arrow" :D

PP is my favorite FPO player. I'm sure she'll do awesome no matter what disc company she chooses to represent.

No matter what the manufacturers tell you, the top players can throw anything and play well. Disc golf is a little unique in terms of having to beat in plastic to produce the flight patters you're after but other than that, everyone makes discs that are fairly similar to each other.

No matter what the manufacturers tell you, the top players can throw anything and play well. Disc golf is a little unique in terms of having to beat in plastic to produce the flight patters you're after but other than that, everyone makes discs that are fairly similar to each other.

For sure. But the best players do sell plastic. And people care what they are throwing.

For sure. But the best players do sell plastic. And people care what they are throwing.

Best example I can think of is the Roc3, or the Nova.
How popular would they be without McBeth using them on just about every approach shot on every Major tourney YT video??

What if she said **** it. I'm taking the cash and gonna win every tournament. Mixed-bag ftw, my lyfe.

Once again, are you aware elite pros roughly DOUBLE their tournament winnings by being sponsored?

Mixed bags are for great for Ams, not people making a living.

Once again, are you aware elite pros roughly DOUBLE their tournament winnings by being sponsored?

Mixed bags are for great for Ams, not people making a living.

That can't be right. So Mcbeth made 144k last year?

That can't be right. So Mcbeth made 144k last year?

We're not privy, nor should we be, to what McBeth or any player makes outside of reported tournament winnings. But suffice to say that most of the major manufacturer sponsorship deals include cash bonuses for their players based on tournament wins and high finishes at the biggest events. And in some cases, those bonuses match or even exceed the actual payout at the event, so it's plausible that some players (not just McBeth) can double their tournament earnings just through sponsor bonuses.

Climo has also said that he gets 25 cents for every Climo signature disc that Innova sells.
If PM is getting a quarter (or more) for every Roc3, Nova and Krait and PM Destroyer that is sold, he's probably pulling in a good chunk of change for those alone. He may have other sig discs as well, but you get the point.

But suffice to say that most of the major manufacturer sponsorship deals include cash bonuses for their players based on tournament wins and high finishes at the biggest events. And in some cases, those bonuses match or even exceed the actual payout at the event, so it's plausible that some players (not just McBeth) can double their tournament earnings just through sponsor bonuses.

Innova only pays bonuses for A-Tiers and above, and some players have negotiated a higher-than-normal rate for Worlds wins, from what I understand.

Latest posts