• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Paige in a Prodigy shirt at St. Jude. First time I recall her wearing Prodigy this year. Could be wrong.

Saw her on @ProdigyDisc when I opened Twitter. Can't find the video now. Wondering if a video from last year resurfaced.

Besides the Trilogy trilogy, most sponsors require that you throw only their (sub sponsored) discs, ie Innova (Discmania). How many feel this is the main reason? How many feel it's the Paul McBeth syndrome: Innova putting (no pun) all their eggs in one basket?

Besides the Trilogy trilogy, most sponsors require that you throw only their (sub sponsored) discs, ie Innova (Discmania). How many feel this is the main reason? How many feel it's the Paul McBeth syndrome: Innova putting (no pun) all their eggs in one basket?

How many feel that the above two reasons are why players switch sponsors? How many feel that it's time for a change of scenery? Other reasons?

How many feel that the above two reasons are why players switch sponsors? How many feel that it's time for a change of scenery? Other reasons?

Players switch because they get a better deal. The disc options from all of the majors are more than sufficient to keep an good player happy.

$$$$$$ is all that matters. Every major brand has a complete lineup any great player can be sucessful throwing.

Still not fulling understanding what you are asking. How could Innova giving Paul a lot of money cause others to switch sponsors? I also wouldn't agree that Innova puts all their eggs in one basket, they have a full roster of players.

Manufacturers restricting what their sponsored players are allowed to throw can't be the reason players switch either, since every manufacturer has that policy. It would be interesting to see how players responded to a Manufacturer NOT having that policy. Would they flock to that manufacturer? It would absolutely be advantageous to the player.

Paige in a Prodigy shirt at St. Jude. First time I recall her wearing Prodigy this year. Could be wrong.

Terry interviewed her during the final round of the Master's cup and she was wearing a hand-eye hat. I've only ever seen the hand-eye stamp on trilogy plastic.

Think he was throwing a good amount of Trilogy all week. Read into that what you will.
Combine that with what seemed like farewells in Eagle's vlog as they said goodbye to their RV and the picture starts to get clearer and clearer.

Kinda surprised as he is from Rancho and was doing really good work for DM on all respects. Playing well, running events, taking care of Eagle, etc.

Combine that with what seemed like farewells in Eagle's vlog as they said goodbye to their RV and the picture starts to get clearer and clearer.

Kinda surprised as he is from Rancho and was doing really good work for DM on all respects. Playing well, running events, taking care of Eagle, etc.

When you do your job well enough, opportunities abound. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a better offer and couldn't pass it up.

I think he is originally from Utah and moved to Rancho to work for DM.

When you do your job well enough, opportunities abound. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a better offer and couldn't pass it up.

Yep, I'd be willing to bet this had a lot to do with it.

So in the last few videos, especially Matt Dollar's, Cam Todd is throwing a ton of Innova plastic.

So in the last few videos, especially Matt Dollar's, Cam Todd is throwing a ton of Innova plastic.

He was wearing Innova gear this whole week, and Innova very subtly put him in their Worlds recap article, so he's on board. I've reached out for a little more info in regards to which team level he's on, etc.

He was wearing Innova gear this whole week, and Innova very subtly put him in their Worlds recap article, so he's on board. I've reached out for a little more info in regards to which team level he's on, etc.

Nice, yeah Innova hasn't updated their team page, Williams isn't on there yet.

Cam is a top open player right now and is bound to be a beast in the Masters division. It's a shame to not see him sponsored. I noticed he was wearing that Roc hat during Worlds.

Latest posts