• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Cam is a top open player right now and is bound to be a beast in the Masters division. It's a shame to not see him sponsored. I noticed he was wearing that Roc hat during Worlds.

Cam Todd has a bunch of IN COLOR Roc3's with his paintings at DGU right now.... that's solid evidence that he's Innova sponsored.

http://dgustore.com/index.php/specialty/inncolor.html

dsc_1983.jpg
dsc_1985.jpg
dsc_1988.jpg

When you do your job well enough, opportunities abound. I wouldn't be surprised if he got a better offer and couldn't pass it up.

Yeah. I think the prestige of Innova is obviously there. But, some pros are going to migrate to the latitude 64 brand, because of all the many products available from discs to accessories and clothing, and all of the positive things they are doing for the sport.

Latitude64 is growing fast and they are doing big things. But the time and energy Innova has put into there classic molds will always be timeless too.

I used to always think Innova would be the best sponsor to have, but now it's not the case.

Yeah. I think the prestige of Innova is obviously there. But, some pros are going to migrate to the latitude 64 brand, because of all the many products available from discs to accessories and clothing, and all of the positive things they are doing for the sport.

With very few exceptions high end pros choice of sponsorship is based on who gives them the best deal economically. The product available and the 'positive things" are afterthoughts at best provided the sponsoring company has a full line of discs.

Cam is a top open player right now and is bound to be a beast in the Masters division. It's a shame to not see him sponsored. I noticed he was wearing that Roc hat during Worlds.

I played with Cam first round of Silver Cup. He made a scene on the teebox of our first hole by dumping his cart and muttering that he had to mark all of his new discs. It was all Innova Echo Star.

Is Eric Oakley sponsored by Dynamic Discs?

Appears that way - two aces with DD molds, not carrying a DM bag and no logos on his clothes. DD picked up a great pro/ambassador. My wife and I have had the pleasure of hosting him twice now while he's toured MN, great person and golfer. If they picked him up to sell discs/run events while competing, they got a winner. Well done DD.

Is Eric Oakley sponsored by Dynamic Discs?

Bad news for Discmania.

After hearing about how they treated Oakley, a 2016 A tier winner, repping their brand better than anyone ever has while touring in their RV, and taking care of their young prodigy, I've lost nearly all respect and interest in Discmania.

Please explain.... how they treated him?
If he accepted a deal with them that did not involve a lot of money, and he left after it ended and did not renew, good on both parties. He maybe out grew the deal and they may be can't afford to keep him happy. That would be ok.

Not all these companies have a real budget for supporting pros outside of just giving them discs.

If there is more to the story, bring on the gossip!

From Rarintal (Discmania Rep) in the "Official Ask Discmania" thread;

There was a post recently claiming our CEO (Jussi) had treated one of our Promoters (Eric) poorly. From hearing both sides of this story - much of it was based on what someone had heard through someone else. It was never stated directly to one another. I think this is much like when people play the telephone game. You know you have several people and the first person is the person to start the phrase and passes it to the second person and it's their job to pass it all the way down to the end. Usually what happens is person by person it changes a little bit and by the end it often does not come even close to what was originally said or in the context it was delivered.

I'll just address this right now - Eric Oakley has decided to leave Discmania as an employee. From the discussion I had with him personally - Eric would like to chase his passion as a touring player rather than Promoter/Tour Manager. Eric is a wildly passionate individual, this is what make him fun to watch and fun to be around (as you all know). Unfortunately in this situation speculation has won the best of both sides and it's best to let Eric take the road to fully engulf himself in the passion as a player. We were taken by surprise as I assume were all of you when Eric posted the picture of an ace at Pro Worlds with a Dynamic Discs driver. Eric has told us he will most likely but using a mixed bag of discs which will include some of our pro favorites (P2, FD & CD2 for example). If he does stop using our discs because of a new sponsorship opportunity we will never forget the passion and spirit Eric brought us as a Player, Employee and Co-worker.

Thank you Eric for your time and enthusiasm - we applaud you for your passion and your desire to chase your dreams. That same desire is the reason Eric and Discmania merged in the first place. I will personally take this lesson to heart and I hope our paths cross again in the future - I mean Discmania is chasing the dream of making the best possible discs to play the game and trying to create even bigger dreams for all of you to be able to chase. There's probably a chance we'll meet up again :)

Cheers,
Ryan

Sounds like there may have been some small issues, but as so often happens in the real world and ten times worse on the interweb, the gossip train took over and blew things way overboard. Shocker.

Bad news for Discmania.

After hearing about how they treated Oakley, a 2016 A tier winner, repping their brand better than anyone ever has while touring in their RV, and taking care of their young prodigy, I've lost nearly all respect and interest in Discmania.

You heard this information directly from Mr. Oakley?

And I'm sure he was being paid for his services.

Not like he was a volunteer.

Seems like a cool dude. He sounds like he wants to still pick up a sponsor and soon. Is he highly rated?

Latest posts