• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2016 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I don't think a disc manufacturer can force a player to cancel or turn down a bag contract with a non-disc-manufacturer company. If all they do is bags (or apparel), there's not really a conflict of interest. What the disc manufacturers can do, however, is incentivize carrying their bag enough so that it's a better deal than going with the outside company.

A disc company can do whatever they want with a contract. What they choose to do is a different story.
A discraft player told me he could use any bag, so long as it wasn't from another disc manufacturer, Lat, Gateway, etc.

A disc company can do whatever they want with a contract. What they choose to do is a different story.
Yep, and the team contract stipulations could even be negotiated on a separate player by player basis.

Simon now throws only discmania remember? that's why he dropped the firebird. usually discmania innova and millennium are kissing cousins but Simons bag is of pure lineage and will not. e sullied by firechickens or sentinels.

Does that mean McBeast is going to start toting a green plaid Hero bag? :sick::gross:

Lol yeah right. In nova would have to pony up even more to make that happen. Grip is too good to paul. Never gonna happen

From what I understand Paige is not switching teams. Don't quote me tho.

From what I've heard, she's under contract for another year. Contracts can be broken, but might cost more money than a disc golfer has. A suitor interested in having her on board may be sufficiently motivated to help her get out of said contract.

What do you know about that Mack?

Jim Oates, Drew Gibson. What disc is that?

Well, first of all, the guy on the tee is not Jim Oates, it is Bill Ashe. If Bill Ashe, a Novice level player, is on the tee, chances are that guy is NOT Drew Gibson, but another So Cal area Novice or Rec level player. Just sayin....

Attachments

• Bill Ashe.jpg
    Bill Ashe.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 227

Latest posts