• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2018 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

No i got you lol just had to make a point to my post bc i assume most would have thought i was just trolling but seems dumb biz move or the salary was more like celery.

I'm curious about the part where he says "I didn't quite fit in with the rest of the team that well".
Does anyone know the back story on this?

So I wonder if his polite answer ended up creating more questions. I'm not on the fb groups so it would be interesting to know the buzz it created in there, considering the replies on here so far. :)

Drew's response on why he left DD.

4ca6rDT.png

As seen here https://www.facebook.com/groups/trilogyfanpage/permalink/1531665073617058/

DD didn't have what he needed for his power? Man, I'm sorry but that is some straight "It's the arrows, not me" excuse making right there. I guess Trilogy discs work okay for noodle arms like Ricky Wysocki but for real power guys like Drew Gibson he needs moar beef. :\

Either Drew needs to elaborate or he is a prime candidate for a DGCR forums sponsor. :|

DD didn't have what he needed for his power? Man, I'm sorry but that is some straight "It's the arrows, not me" excuse making right there. I guess Trilogy discs work okay for noodle arms like Ricky Wysocki but for real power guys like Drew Gibson he needs moar beef. :\

Either Drew needs to elaborate or he is a prime candidate for a DGCR forums sponsor. :|

He doesn't like glide apparently, lol...

<rant>
Having done a bit of bow hunting, the bloody arrows matter.
</rant>

Sorry, I had to get that out of my system. Please forgive me.

Maybe he just doesn't jive with them....
Or maybe he hates the names as bad as I do

:cool:

Simple fix to this, click "unfollow". You are subjecting yourself to this, so you only have yourself to blame.
Bot followers are good and worth dwelling on only if you need a big number of followers. Precisely number. You'll have no audience in its core sense- just a numeral exaggerated out of proportion. Here's the service to keep the list of followers in order https://www.fast-unfollow.com/

Will he make more than 12k in pdga earnings this year throwing Innova? A year from now..we'll know.

Lol at any serious player saying XYZ brand is holding their game back due to molds from any of the major makers with a full lineup.

Straight laughable. And dumb to not play for the money if you're doing DG as a job but cant win.

In this situation I tend to agree with Drew. I dont throw trilogy because I dont like their plastic blends, everything is too grippy and if I made the switch to trilogy then my game would 100% be worse

I wish Drew the best. We played each other in match play at Morley Field for the SW Team Challenge and he is a good dude.

This was in December. He was throwing Innova and said he just preferred their plastic.

We tied our match ;)

It's interesting...I like the honesty of him saying that, but it's also maybe not the best thing to say. That being said I like throwing many Trilogy discs because they do work well for my power, so I understand enough that something working or not working for Drew means nothing to me.

I got to watch Drew, Ricky, and Big Jerm for a round...Drew has another level of power. I saw Jerm throw a 500' mild hyzer, so he's not lacking any power at all. But the disc comes out of Drew's hand noticeably faster. I'm guessing the Destroyers I think are trash because they try to dig a hole through the dirt the second they leave my hand, are what he seeks out.

It's interesting...I like the honesty of him saying that, but it's also maybe not the best thing to say. That being said I like throwing many Trilogy discs because they do work well for my power, so I understand enough that something working or not working for Drew means nothing to me.

I got to watch Drew, Ricky, and Big Jerm for a round...Drew has another level of power. I saw Jerm throw a 500' mild hyzer, so he's not lacking any power at all. But the disc comes out of Drew's hand noticeably faster. I'm guessing the Destroyers I think are trash because they try to dig a hole through the dirt the second they leave my hand, are what he seeks out.

Drew does have a different level of power, Simon has said that he is the closest to perfect form he has ever seen. Coming from Simon that means something. IME Innova plastic holds its stability longer than trilogy. I noticed that with the giant I bought way back, it was great for the first season I had it, then it started to get over on me randomly. The 450ft flex Drew threw with a Leo3 in the first round of the Shark Tooth open really shows his level of power.

that shot was insane! i had to rewind when he said it was a Leo3

Latest posts