• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable 2020 Pros switching sponsor/DD hate thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Nikko is the biggest FA this off-season. It will be interesting to see if he goes with the rumored Discmania or stays with the mixed bag. I think the second story line to follow this off season is what discraft is going to do with all there one year signees ie: Presnell, Fry, Harbolt, Geisinger, Hammes and Hannum.

Isn't Nikko trying to build a company of his own or something? At least I can vaguely remember some talk early this year about him trying to do some deals and that's why he wasn't touring as hard as other guys...

Calvin will have a tough life decision at the end of each tour year, considering he apparently has a recent chemical engineering degree in his pocket. I came out of college into the Fortune 500 as a chemical engineer many years ago and stayed in that corporate world for almost 10 years before heading out on my own towards an uncertain future. How will Calvin weigh his options?

My degree is in Chemistry, and after 10 years of it (after my military service) I left it for 'other opportunities'. Moral of the story: I'm agreeing with that 10 year timeframe...

Haftor Julius Björnsson to Innova :)

Pic from Ultiworld

hafpor-julius-bjornsson.png

Calvin will have a tough life decision at the end of each tour year, considering he apparently has a recent chemical engineering degree in his pocket. I came out of college into the Fortune 500 as a chemical engineer many years ago and stayed in that corporate world for almost 10 years before heading out on my own towards an uncertain future. How will Calvin weigh his options?

ahh...explains a few things about this guy. I always thought he was a thinker on the course. He shows little to no face emotion on the course. Definitely an interesting situation to watch, no disrespect to Calvin but I can't see him moving a lot of discs in the media driven commercial world. In regards to being a Chemist, he could start that career later in life if he wanted to.

I think Nikko is the biggest FA this off-season. It will be interesting to see if he goes with the rumored Discmania or stays with the mixed bag. I think the second story line to follow this off season is what discraft is going to do with all there one year signees ie: Presnell, Fry, Harbolt, Geisinger, Hammes and Hannum.

If nikko continues to shape up his attitude and shoot top 5, i definitely can see someone forking out some cash for him. I definitely see Hammes staying but am very unsure about the others. Hammes is a 20 y.o. SLINGER that i expect anyone would scoop up in a minute. He's just gotta keep his emotions in check after his camera slip up earlier this season

If nikko continues to shape up his attitude and shoot top 5, i definitely can see someone forking out some cash for him.

I 100% agree. I think he could be a media cash cow if he played into that. Without sounding too bromantic, dude has the look for pushing product. Still young enough (around 31?) to appeal to a wide demographic. Will be interesting to see where his disc golf career takes him in 2020. Just seems like, the only thing stopping Nikko from being a major super star in this sport...is Nikko.

I have to wonder about signing multi-year deals like that. I'm sure the stability of being locked in for the next 3 years is nice, but with the growth of the sport and contracts, I feel like taking a year by year approach early on may be more lucrative in the long term for breakout players like Tattar. She is just beginning to compete at the big events and her pedigree and stock is likely to expand.

Wow, Kristin started playing disc golf 2014 . . by then Paige already was 2X World champ

Surprised she signed for 3y

Status
Not open for further replies.