• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Gilbert to Prodigy! Make a big 3 with Dick and Jones. I'm also a Prodigy homer so I'm all for that, ha.

It doesn't seem to be posted ITT yet, but James Conrad made this social media post yesterday:
https://imgur.com/gallery/xKE66XN

"Stay tuned, as I've got a lot more in the works (some of which can't be shared just yet..) but I'm definitely looking forward to these new endeavors."

To me, that says a move is eminent. It doesn't confirm MVP, but "new endeavors" sounds like he's preparing to be the head dick somewhere. The biggest manufacturer who doesn't currently have an A-list player on their team? MVP

Lot of dick in your post. Not judging.

If Prodigy does land Thomas they will have a nice little team going. Dickerson, KJ, to a lesser extent Cale and love him or hate him Luke Humphries. I could also see Thomas going to DD though

do people actually hate humphries?

I like him, but have heard a few people say they don't. Specifically, after the KJ ace where he slipped. Heard a few people say humphries didn't care about KJ's well being and if he was okay, and was only focused on the shot. I don't blame him for that, as it was an amazing shot and some people may just be laser focused on that line the whole way through. Also, a guy in my league was annoyed how he kept saying "get in the bucket!" That seemed to me to be more of a general dislike for his style/persona/character. I don't agree with that either, but if you are someone who thinks disc golf has too much of a hippie image, Luke probably isn't your favorite.

I like him, but have heard a few people say they don't. Specifically, after the KJ ace where he slipped. Heard a few people say humphries didn't care about KJ's well being and if he was okay, and was only focused on the shot. I don't blame him for that, as it was an amazing shot and some people may just be laser focused on that line the whole way through. Also, a guy in my league was annoyed how he kept saying "get in the bucket!" That seemed to me to be more of a general dislike for his style/persona/character. I don't agree with that either, but if you are someone who thinks disc golf has too much of a hippie image, Luke probably isn't your favorite.

weird take on humphries lol. all i see of him is in the skins videos

do people actually hate humphries?

I'm not a fan. He was 998-rated and still playing MA1, which is well into sandbagging territory. Yes I know he's allowed to, but it doesn't mean I don't think less of him. He lets his dog run around the course without a leash and made a show of not wearing a mask into a convenience store in one of their videos. Comes off as a very selfish guy.

I don't enjoy his work on the OTB Skins series, but I enjoy his commentary "in the booth" for actual tournament coverage. From what little I've seen him play, he seems like a pretty professional dude in that setting, too.

James Conrad.... Switching to MVP????

Not sure if you guys have heard the grumblings of this rumour, but there are a few things to back it up...

His van was spotted outside of MVP headquarters... Also, basically all of the other pro's have announced contract extensions... Except for Conrad.
He also recently posted online that he'd be increasing his social media presence, which is unlike him... But moving to a new sponsor would be a good reason why.

It would be REALLY crazy to see him throwing completely new discs, and from a company that doesn't really have any huge names on their roster yet. Not to mention, their putter game is on point, so it would be VERY interesting to see JC throw an Envy or Ion.

Obviously this is still purely speculation....
Thoughts?

If it's true, I think it's a smart move for MVP and Conrad. Regardless of my feelings towards their representatives, they make some incredible throwing putters, and there's no one on tour that throws putters so frequently. If Feldberg can transition away from Blackie, Conrad will be just fine putting his Aviar in storage.

And I think it's kind of crappy for people to not recognize Sarah Hokom or Elaine King as big names. They are world champions after all, and isn't Hokom ranked #3 amongst women currently?

Last edited:
their putter game is on point, so it would be VERY interesting to see JC throw an Envy or Ion.

This part is appropriate for the discs forum :D

I think the Aviar is a completely unremarkable disc in all its iterations. I have little doubt he could crush an Ion. More likely an Anode though if we are replacing an Aviar?? Honestly my favorite throwing putter from MVP is the Atom, and I bet he would do really well with a stack of those.

I think it's kind of crappy for people to not recognize Sarah Hokom or Elaine King as big names. They are world champions after all, and isn't Hokom ranked #3 amongst women currently?

Sounds about right.

That said, Conrad would have to be the biggest name in MPO to be sponsored by them.

I heard online, somewhere, that Seppo's Instagram got hacked at the same time that Ezra Aderhold's did.
That's why it's empty.

Seppo won't leave Prodigy.
As I understand it, his family bought into the company and effectively own Prodigy-Europe.

Both of his Instagram accounts got hacked? That's wild.

Latest posts