• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

New stock plastic is available from all the online stores I frequent.

Our club has a pretty long standing relationship with Discraft and they are in our backyard. We have had problems getting tournament packages from them for the last couple months. To the point where we have gone to MVP for our last couple.

I believe we were told that they would be unable to produce any custom stamps for the rest of the year.

What are some names to watch that could maybe shake things up? Obviously, nobody is going to make waves like Paul did, but nobody believed that he would leave Innova. Are there any potential stories along those lines this year?

It's not a package deal. Just 2 names that are going to be available that DD is apparently looking at. I'm guessing they are more just trying to give off the illusion of being able to attain top tier pros.

Aderhold is choosing between them and Discraft. Smart money on the latter.

My point is that one of them is an elite level player and one is unproven, but can bomb I guess.

Ok just throwing names out their that could be it.
Drew Gibson, Grady Shue, Sliver Latt, AJ Risley, Andrew Marwede, Double G, Albert Tamm, Anthony Barela.

Shue, Risley, are not good enough players to warrant any demands for a better paycheck imop. Drew has a strange vibe with fans it seems, hard to tell where he positions himself with that or if he even gives a damn. I just don't think Drew could move alot of discs for any sponsor. Probably better for him to keep building his own brand. However... winning more tournaments could change things quickly.

I was starting to think Simon might change sponsors for a big paycheck, but now I've come to realize he doesn't want the pressure of having to perform well in tournaments and a high dollar sponsorship would force that. So a steady paycheck (he's getting married after all) from Discmania plus the freedom to build his youtube brand = a happy Simon.

I think Eagle is the wildcard. He's proven he has what it takes to make a huge impact on the future of the sport. I could see him moving to a major sponsorship with Innova while still having a limited part with Discmania, but...he's also young enough to be brash and pursue a big move to another sponsor if the money is right. Plus..Discmania already has a younger Eagle in Kyle Klein so the loss of Eagle wouldn't change the crushboy dynamic that much. Plus...anyone else notice Klein kind of looks like Eagle when he plays?

My point is that one of them is an elite level player and one is unproven, but can bomb I guess.

Well perhaps Aderhold is their cheaper, high upside, backup plan. Will be interesting if they really open up their wallet to a player after notoriously underpaying and subsequently losing, their flagship player, Paige Pierce.

There's some hot take hype in this thread already.

You see Kyle Klein play two rounds and suggest that he could take Eagle's spot?

Hailey King is the latest in a long list of names people think could truly challenge Paige. Every other name has failed to take that step. I like Hailey but let's pump the brakes a little there.

On Calvin I heard last year he wanted to go to Discraft but they didn't want to split the spotlight with Paul. I like Calvin but I don't think his personality fits with Dynamic. Calvin doesn't really try to sell discs or his sponsor, I don't see him becoming that guy. He's going to lean on performance alone to earn sponsorship dollars.

Here's my own hot take: Eagle will soon be the best player in the game and hold that status for several years. Eagle should go the Paul McBeth route and start his own brand within an existing company.

Here's my own hot take: Eagle will soon be the best player in the game and hold that status for several years. Eagle should go the Paul McBeth route and start his own brand within an existing company.

Unfortunately it's not the case, but I could see if DM was actually molding their own stuff Jussi exploring that option with either Simon or Eagle.

Can't see that happening for the time being.

On Calvin I heard last year he wanted to go to Discraft but they didn't want to split the spotlight with Paul. ...

Where did you hear that? I wonder if it has anything to do with Discraft's Throw Down the Mountain being in his backyard...

Well perhaps Aderhold is their cheaper, high upside, backup plan. Will be interesting if they really open up their wallet to a player after notoriously underpaying and subsequently losing, their flagship player, Paige Pierce.

Aderhold would seem to fit their brand/image better as far as pros are concerned.

Not a top finisher, more of a personality or social media type pro.

Our club has a pretty long standing relationship with Discraft and they are in our backyard. We have had problems getting tournament packages from them for the last couple months. To the point where we have gone to MVP for our last couple.

I believe we were told that they would be unable to produce any custom stamps for the rest of the year.

We were also told that it would be after the first of the year before you can order custom stamped discs from Discraft again.

Hailey King is the latest in a long list of names people think could truly challenge Paige. Every other name has failed to take that step. I like Hailey but let's pump the brakes a little there.

She's young, and already has good distance. Not to mention her putting is awesome. If it weren't for the 2 stroke swing on 16 on Fox Run (I'm not a fan of it, and I've played it 5 times) GMC would've been a playoff between the 2. Hailey has what it takes!

well..I'm still thinking a few years from now, not anytime sooner. But like others have said, I forgot about the Euro players. There is some serious talent over seas. The big question is..where will all these ladies be in a few years and will they dedicate their lives to the sport like Paige did.

Would be fun to see a few top European players on team Discraft....both FPO and MPO

Innova now have both Eveliina and Henna, Prodigy is strong on the MPO side in Europe
But I can't name a single top European player on team Discraft