• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I'm enjoying all the MVP fanbois on Facebook moaning about how MVP should be disclosing how much they are paying JC. Sorry but that's none of anyone's business unless they choose to disclose that info. And I also like how they are comparing it to OTHER pro sports. Uh...no. We DO know how much players being paid by teams like in the NBA, MLB, etc. Rarely do we know what players are being paid by their SPONSORS. JC just signed a deal with a SPONSOR. On the flip side, we know exactly how much players earn on tourney winnings. Hilarious

Knowing what Innova's Star team benefits are, I'm super impressed that MVP made an offer lucrative enough for James to accept. I love seeing these companies stepping up!

I thought Jamie Conrads using few molds gave him a huge advantage and helped him stay at the top.

I been holding this in for a while but i think Jamie Conrads will struggle. I truly believe overmold discs have a different flight that non-overmold. Just how they react to spin and flight.

I think he will have to use more than a few discs now because the mold will be crucial to get the flight you want rather than beating it in to a certain flight.

I think most overmold discs do 1 thing very well.....go straight. To get those smooth bendy lines will be tricky.

This is my guess.....unless he starts to mainly use Streamline discs for most of his shots.
I can see him throwing Trace/Flare/Runway

6-7 years ago James threw an Ion for about 80% of his shots.

6-7 years ago James threw an Ion for about 80% of his shots.

Awesome. I feel like that strengthens my opinion. Im excited to see gyro get the spotlight it deserves. Hope he can make them work.

I believe it was Uli, Brian Earhart and another guy I can't recall the name of, perhaps Chandler? They had the giant Discraft RV, plans to give clinics across the US, etc.

To be fair, that sounds pretty difficult to pull off given all the Covid restrictions?

Disc golfers follow covid-19 restrictions/recommendations? When did that start?

Just meaning that after everything was put on pause for a few months to start hosting clinics when guidelines vary so much state to state sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Being in tournament footage standing too close or not masking up is one thing, hosting an event as the face of a manufacturer and not following guidelines is a different animal. For all we know those plans could've been halted due to DC trying to be responsible.

Just meaning that after everything was put on pause for a few months to start hosting clinics when guidelines vary so much state to state sounds like a logistical nightmare.

Being in tournament footage standing too close or not masking up is one thing, hosting an event as the face of a manufacturer and not following guidelines is a different animal. For all we know those plans could've been halted due to DC trying to be responsible.

I think the venture in question died before covid-19.

Touring full-time with others would be tough. I remember a few years back when Feldberg, Nikko, and Cale were driving throughout the country in a RV together putting on tournaments and clinics. (Right now I don't remember what they called their tour.) I caught up with them at two different stops and I thought that group in a RV 24-7 would make a great reality show. Based on watching their clinics, I think they had some hilarious moments and also some tense ones.

Sure is. Weird.

Paul an Hannahs response to this on Insta is kind of a fun "stab" against DD

"paul_mcbeth
They picked up The Gifford Pinchot Classic Presented by Lauras Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies Juniors ll champion!?!? 2021 move of the year!!!"

hannahemcbeth_
turns out dynamic IS making big moves this year ���� congrats

But it IS a WIERD move. . .Foundation is a big advertising pillar for Discraft and they sell Discraft.

So for one of them to sign with DD seems more than strange, , , but cheap (?) advertising for DD, the foundation boys makes more videos than most pros

So for one of them to sign with DD seems more than strange, , , but cheap (?) advertising for DD, the foundation boys makes more videos than most pros

And most of the videos are border line unwatchable because for me, Trevor is extremally annoying. So good for DD in picking up another blah wannabee pro.:p

Latest posts