• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2021 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

But it IS a WIERD move. . .Foundation is a big advertising pillar for Discraft and they sell Discraft.

So for one of them to sign with DD seems more than strange, , , but cheap (?) advertising for DD, the foundation boys makes more videos than most pros

Now they can do DD vs Discraft rounds (if they're still friends, :D).

But it IS a WIERD move. . .Foundation is a big advertising pillar for Discraft and they sell Discraft.

So for one of them to sign with DD seems more than strange, , , but cheap (?) advertising for DD, the foundation boys makes more videos than most pros

That IS strange.
One wonders, if Trevor has actually signed with DD, how long he will last at Foundation.
Snarky comments from Hannah and PM don't bode well for his future in Foundation Nation.
Very strange.

I don't think the comments mean much, as make fun of Trevor is kind of a theme with their content.

...but yeah, the sponsored by one company, selling product for another company is a little cloudy.

This isn't unusual at all. Dynamic sponsors vendors left and right. I know plenty of DD players that own stores.

DD is just smart to give someone a few hundred bucks of retail with the chances that they will get thousands in returned sales.

Guessing Foundation wants to start selling more than than just Discraft. Maybe another foundation dude will get sponsored by Innova.

Knowing what Innova's Star team benefits are, I'm super impressed that MVP made an offer lucrative enough for James to accept. I love seeing these companies stepping up!

I saw a podcast with him a couple of days ago where he said he would be getting to help develop his own line/series of discs with them, said there should be 2-3 molds in the next two years so he seems to be taking a lead from Paul McBeth and what he is doing at Discraft.

Touring full-time with others would be tough. I remember a few years back when Feldberg, Nikko, and Cale were driving throughout the country in a RV together putting on tournaments and clinics. (Right now I don't remember what they called their tour.) I caught up with them at two different stops and I thought that group in a RV 24-7 would make a great reality show. Based on watching their clinics, I think they had some hilarious moments and also some tense ones.

The Non Stop Disc Gold Tour!

Will S was also part of that crew. Those were some good times.

Trevor is on the Ambassador Team with Danny Lindahl, so not much of a sponsorship. I can only guess he took it to try to expand Foundation Disc Golf's potential audience.

I'm waiting for the World Series of Poker style underground tournament where each player puts $10k of his/her own money on the line, winner take all. That would be incredible (to watch).

Like Mcbeth, Eagle, Ricky, Calvin and Dickerson all put up 5k or maybe 1k and a winner take all 18 stroke play match. Has to be at Maple Hill or Idlewild.

Like Mcbeth, Eagle, Ricky, Calvin and Dickerson all put up 5k or maybe 1k and a winner take all 18 stroke play match. Has to be at Maple Hill or Idlewild.

Idlewild would be insane, just imagine the stroke swings. No boring courses. I need to see the light in their eyes fade when the disc kicks OB or rolls away.

I'm waiting for the World Series of Poker style underground tournament where each player puts $10k of his/her own money on the line, winner take all. That would be incredible (to watch).

Never knew why Jomez didn't follow a similar route and start some kind of match play tournament bracket, etc. Instead we get shomez.

...but yeah, the sponsored by one company, selling product for another company is a little cloudy.

Not really, being sponsored by one company and selling and promoting something from a rival leads to the purchaser having more faith and trust in the seller. Honesty goes a long way.

Not really, being sponsored by one company and selling and promoting something from a rival leads to the purchaser having more faith and trust in the seller. Honesty goes a long way.

I'm not sure I follow.

Trevor benefits because he gets a sponsorship and has a chance to sell more discs.
DD benefits because they get extra exposure and a chance to sell more discs.
Discraft may not care because they are a powerhouse and immediately sell anything they produce, but I don't see how it benefits them.

….other than we might not see Trevor clanging putts and hitting first available with Discraft products any more.

I'm not sure I follow.

Trevor benefits because he gets a sponsorship and has a chance to sell more discs.
DD benefits because they get extra exposure and a chance to sell more discs.
Discraft may not care because they are a powerhouse and immediately sell anything they produce, but I don't see how it benefits them.

….other than we might not see Trevor clanging putts and hitting first available with Discraft products any more.

What if the whole deal was approved so Discraft wouldn't have to see Trevor rim banging putts with Lunas lol.

I'm pretty sure manufacturers would pay me not to have me putting with their discs on video, so I feel his pain.

Latest posts