• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Probably some % molds in bag from the sponsoring company requirement.
So L64 sponsored might require 2/3 L64 discs, DD sponsored 2/3 DD, and Westside may require equal amounts of DD & L64 and at least 1/3 Westside.

I don't think that practice round with EMac is necessarily what Matt Orum will bag. Still trying out the available range with the only guaranteed disc in bag being the Maiden putter. McCabe probably handed him the 2021 TS v2.0 FusionX EMac Truth and the Lucid EMac Judge to try out when he got to Emporia.

It's not Trilogy....but, I have a friend who is sponsored by Legacy. Legacy doesn't make a disc in every stability/speed. So he has to bag a Legacy discs, but if there is a stability/speed that Legacy doesn't make, then he can bag another brand disc.

I'm thinking the same is true for Trilogy....if you are sponsored by a specifc brand, you bag that brand's discs unless there is a stability/speed they don't carry - but then you are limited to the other two brands in Trilogy. For example...if I was sponsored by Dynamic Discs....I really liked the Witness, but DD quit making it. So, I would be able to bag the L64 Diamond - as long as I was good with the 150 weight (or rare 170 weight) - or the Westside Underworld.

Last edited:
exactly. It's 100% business decision and calculated risk.

On that front, there was talk about Nicco. Does anyone think he moves plastic? Not asking to be a jerk--asking because I just don't see people buying a disc because he throws it or reps a particular brand.

I have loads of Nikko discs from lots of manufacturers. And they did seem to sell out pretty fast whenever they were released these last 2 years.

Cam Colglazier announcing on FB he’s got an announcement…reads as if he’s leaving Prodigy.

For the newer kiddies he fell into that boat with Eagle, Kyle Klein, etc that was really good at a young age. Way back in the day I traded a lot of plastic on Disceroo with a dude in the Mobile, AL area who knew Matty O and family fairly well and kept telling me Cam was gonna be the real deal. I think for a while Matty O took him under his wing, but he got married and has a couple kids and works full time and only plays fairly close to home.

Looks as if he’s in a position where he can start traveling a bit again. I wanna think he was initially with Prodigy, went to Latitude for a bit, and then went back to Prodigy after a season of two.

He had a very similar trajectory to Eagle, and Kyle, I would say he was them before they came on to the scene. I believe when he had gotten second at ADV AM worlds he had only been playing for a year and a half. He has consistently placed in the top 20 in worlds without even playing in tour level events through out the year. I'm excited to see what he can do this coming year.

exactly. It's 100% business decision and calculated risk.

On that front, there was talk about Nicco. Does anyone think he moves plastic? Not asking to be a jerk--asking because I just don't see people buying a disc because he throws it or reps a particular brand.

I think people do buy Nikko's discs - or discs he throws. There are people who really support him. And he is a good player once you get past his temper tantrums and rules violations (mainly the time issue).

He might not be a big 'mover' of discs for brands....but that could be due to his not frequently being on the lead card and therefore less visible.

My Opinion here......
Personally, I think we will see a change with Nikko this coming year. He was proven (by Calvin Heimberg) to be taking too long to putt. He's changed brand's a few times....was it his choice or the brand's due to his tantrums, etc? Westside and Nikko just parted ways - so he's lost another brand - while it might have been his decision....I think it was Westside letting him go due to his issues on the course and in social media. Pretty soon, Nikko might find himself without a sponsor if he doesn't improve his act.

Quote from Catrina on her Facebook

"I have tried to write this post multiple times and each time I find that it doesn't reflect how I am truly feeling. Then I realized that it would be impossible to pack nine years with Prodigy into one post! So, I would like to say a big huge thank you to Prodigy Disc, my fans and all the Prodigy community for making the last nine years so incredible. The tour can be a grind, it can be lonely and sometimes tough, but I have always felt love and support from Prodigy, and my fans, and that has always made it easier to pick myself up and get back out there! While I am extremely excited for my new journey and direction, I will cherish all the memories, friendships and fans Ive made over with the last nine years with Prodigy."

I have loads of Nikko discs from lots of manufacturers. And they did seem to sell out pretty fast whenever they were released these last 2 years.

thanks. It was an honest question. He's certainly one of the top players on his good days, he can still win elite events. Just didn't know if that translated to sales given his love him or hate him personality.

Then there's Brodie. He moves plastic far above his rating and performance and I guess for different reasons, people seem to love him or hate him.

It seems like Prodigy is dropping the vast majority of their players. Who do they even have left?

thanks. It was an honest question. He's certainly one of the top players on his good days, he can still win elite events. Just didn't know if that translated to sales given his love him or hate him personality.

Then there's Brodie. He moves plastic far above his rating and performance and I guess for different reasons, people seem to love him or hate him.

Brodie has a HUGE social media following and that helps with moving discs. It also helps that his discs have cool stamps...Get Freaky, Dark Horse. Just think if Nikko came out with a tour disc stamped Anger Management - it would really sell.

As for the hate of Brodie....I think the hate is due more to him having the sponsorship and disc line while being a so-so player, but better players not getting the same level of sponsorship. I've met Brodie, and while he can be aloof/standoffish, he doesn't come across as 'better than you'.

As for the love of Brodie....I think it is because people can compare his struggles with their own. He'd like to be a top rated disc golfer, but he's found it to be harder than he thought.

I think he expected disc golf to be very easy with his background/experience as an Ultimate player. He had this attitude that he was great and he would be great in disc golf....then he found he wasn't. When he took the break and started playing more low level tier tournaments, I think he mellowed out a bit and got off his "high horse".

I think he expected disc golf to be very easy with his background/experience as an Ultimate player. He had this attitude that he was great and he would be great in disc golf....then he found he wasn't. When he took the break and started playing more low level tier tournaments, I think he mellowed out a bit and got off his "high horse".

He did however find disc golf quite easy to make a nice fortune off of haha. His partial ownership of Foundation and his sponsorship deal must be quite lucrative.

Would be curious to know how many more discs he moves each month compared to his old Darkhorse store and how much revenue foundation pulls in for him and McBeth.I assume he will have generational wealth when it's all said and done (based on the growth of the sport and current contracts out there).. if I were him I would keep my game at a level of relevance over the next few years and then ride off into the sunset.

While this seems like a huge cut to the Prodigy, they still have a ton of heavy-hitting young players such as Burr, Alden Harris, Ezra Robinson, and Heather Young. I'd imagine they are trying to build those players up in an effort to secure them as they take over the sport in the next 5-15 years. They also still have seasoned vets like Seppo, KJ, Cale, TG, and Dickerson to hold them steady through a transitional period or rebuilding era.

I might be the minority here but I think the move away from aging players like Cat to possibly focus on youngsters is a good idea for the company longevity-wise.

Cat will always be awesome though so best of luck to all involved.

As for the hate of Brodie....I think the hate is due more to him having the sponsorship and disc line while being a so-so player, but better players not getting the same level of sponsorship. I've met Brodie, and while he can be aloof/standoffish, he doesn't come across as 'better than you'.

I think most of the hate that I've seen (myself included) stems more from him (seemingly) being a cocky, arrogant, dbag blowhard. The video with the foundation goons where they end up sending rollers across a field into a playground, potentially injuring small kids , was my absolute last straw.

My opinions, of course. I do however STRONGLY dislike the guy.

I think most of the hate that I've seen (myself included) stems more from him (seemingly) being a cocky, arrogant, dbag blowhard. The video with the foundation goons where they end up sending rollers across a field into a playground, potentially injuring small kids , was my absolute last straw.

My opinions, of course. I do however STRONGLY dislike the guy.

bro!

I don't hate him. Would be mostly indifferent, other than seeing him getting a level sponsorship he didn't earn via his play. OTOH, the haters make me want to see him succeed.