• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2022 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I have known James since he was barely a teen and he is indeed a super nice guy, approachable, humble, etc, etc.
BUT...(and I've said this before) the iron is hot and if you want to make a big pile 'o cash from disc golf, do it now. All the cash might be gone tomorrow. This goes quadruple for James, who right now has "The Shot" to cash in on. It just seems logical to make a move that is going to help him cash in; money is money.

I don't think James Conrad needs to do any brand-building at all. The shot heard round the world speaks for itself.

Not to mention a US Championship, a unique style, and copious lead card coverage.

I agree that he doesn't need to do brand building, and that his play speaks for itself.

But I also think he could benefit from a larger social media presence. He is well known enough and (as far as I can tell) generally well liked enough, that he can generate a lot of clicks.

That's if he wanted to put in the effort to make it happen, and/or work with folks that can help with such things. It might be too much of a distraction. He always seems very focused on getting it done on tournament days, first and foremost. Obviously that's been working out so far.

BUT...(and I've said this before) the iron is hot and if you want to make a big pile 'o cash from disc golf, do it now. All the cash might be gone tomorrow. This goes quadruple for James, who right now has "The Shot" to cash in on. It just seems logical to make a move that is going to help him cash in; money is money.

yah better do it before the market gets oversaturated with all these poser "brands"

what are we blaming these days social media or capitalistic culture or what

will this elevate dg to the next level or will it be the decline

Does Discraft own any part of DGA?

Buy a nice way to keep Cat and Paige on different teams but to have both throw Discraft plastic

He has the best brand of them all. Humble nice guy that is approachable and isn't trying to sell you something.

Works great with the fans, not the greatest for sponsors.

Sounds like we need a sitcom of him and Brodie sharing an RV on tour. Pretty sure NBC could pull it off if they have any writers left over from The Office or Parks and Rec

I don't understand why they'd want to buy DGA if they already get the benefits of their basket manufacturing.

that i don't know, i am just spreading rumors i heard, from who i heard them from they were right on the Cat to DGA front, so running with it lol.

DGA makes some of the best baskets on the market, so why not have that under your business umbrella as well?

I was reading an article online about this on Ultiworld; it said "DGA's previous top talent, Matt Bell, announced he'd be leaving the California company for 2022 and beyond, and was replaced with another marquee MPO name in Andrew Marwede." Who and who? I mean I'm a disc golfer and I kinda follow this stuff; there was no "marquee MPO name" in that sentence. :|

When I read things like that, it feels a lot like the old "fake it 'til we make it" vibe. "Hey, lets pretend anybody knows who Matt Bell or Andrew Marwede are and make it seem like that sponsor switch matters in any way to anybody." :\

Is it just die hards that know who they are? I know both of them. Marwede is young and could be making a splash in the near future. But idk about "a marquee name." Bell has his moments.

So to get this back on track, will Cat throw an APX/Reef? If so, will they release it in a premium plastic?

I was reading an article online about this on Ultiworld; it said "DGA's previous top talent, Matt Bell, announced he'd be leaving the California company for 2022 and beyond, and was replaced with another marquee MPO name in Andrew Marwede." Who and who? I mean I'm a disc golfer and I kinda follow this stuff; there was no "marquee MPO name" in that sentence. :|

When I read things like that, it feels a lot like the old "fake it 'til we make it" vibe. "Hey, lets pretend anybody knows who Matt Bell or Andrew Marwede are and make it seem like that sponsor switch matters in any way to anybody." :\

To be honest I had no idea who Marwede was until the middle of this last season when he started showing up in coverage.

I hope Discraft makes DGA some discs. .looking at Infinite more that half the DGA molds are out of stock.

Wonder what the odds are for Cat to throw any PP discs? . . or ANY Discraft discs....

Is it just die hards that know who they are? I know both of them. Marwede is young and could be making a splash in the near future. But idk about "a marquee name." Bell has his moments.

So to get this back on track, will Cat throw an APX/Reef? If so, will they release it in a premium plastic?

I really want to try a Reef, but there are none to be bought. I really do hope this will get some DGA discs (not just the ones Cat will throw) onto shelves.