• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2023 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Maybe sometime after the wave of Simon's news settles down a little, we'll get to hear from Paige Shue about her disc sponsorship. Any theorys?

Simon to MVP!?

giphy.gif

If there's ever anybody who can settle the "does gyro go further" debate, Simon is a great candidate! not that he's going full power much at all anymore, but it will be interesting to see if there is ANY noticeable change on his distance shots

Simon does have an insane spin on his disc so how the Gyro will work out for him WILL be interesting

gyro is real

great to see simon finally recognized that

i bet mvp had to make him bag some mids at least but we all know you can do mvp putters and then go straight to fairways without missing much

If there's ever anybody who can settle the "does gyro go further" debate, Simon is a great candidate! not that he's going full power much at all anymore, but it will be interesting to see if there is ANY noticeable change on his distance shots

In fairness, Simon could hardly say, "I don't think there's anything to this gyro overmold." Of course it will be the best and farthest, and it wouldn't have mattered what sponsor: Simon's sponsor will be the best and farthest. (As would be any other player)

Different to hear him compare his new disc to the Discmania lineup. .normaly players dont really talk about their "old" discs

Actually, a good move by MVP to let him. A ton of Discmania faithful have seemingly been less than impressed with how things have been post Innova split. Availability, prices, things like that. Now we have Simon saying MVP x disc reminds me of Discmania disc y. The Discmania throwers might be tempted into MVP discs because of the comparison.

And, it's not like you can just go buy the same discs Simon used to bag. The "originals" aren't exactly original anymore.

Well, after watching Simon's ITB over breakfast, I dug out one of my old Spin's and went out for my morning round. Why was it out of the bag? Been doing forehand flicks with Bergs and Slammers, but I love the soft, panning landing of the Spin.

I love the look of the Eclipse Hex. Don't need it, but I'll grab one if I can.

Now to see where the Shue's fit (boom-tish!)

Well, after watching Simon's ITB over breakfast, I dug out one of my old Spin's and went out for my morning round. Why was it out of the bag? Been doing forehand flicks with Bergs and Slammers, but I love the soft, panning landing of the Spin.

The Spin is such an underappreciated putter. Minus a few weeks where I lost my mind and benched it for the Proxy, it has been in my bag in one form or another since its Circuit Event debut.

Which is not to dis the Proxy, mind you. It's a heck of a disc. The Spin is merely a different disc and I wanted to see if I was missing out and gave the Proxy a shot. In the end, I went back to the Spin and have never regretted it.

And in the R2 plastic, it's a fantastic approach disc.

The Spin is such an underappreciated putter. Minus a few weeks where I lost my mind and benched it for the Proxy, it has been in my bag in one form or another since its Circuit Event debut.

Which is not to dis the Proxy, mind you. It's a heck of a disc. The Spin is merely a different disc and I wanted to see if I was missing out and gave the Proxy a shot. In the end, I went back to the Spin and have never regretted it.

And in the R2 plastic, it's a fantastic approach disc.

Not trying to veer too far off topic, but what's different about the R2 versus the electron for the spin?

Mint doesn't have an understable putter, and I've been trying out a pondy in that spot. It's done well, but I'm not married to it. The pondy's rim is a bit beefy for my taste.

Not trying to veer too far off topic, but what's different about the R2 versus the electron for the spin?

Stability, mostly. The R2 blend gives it a bit more stability, just a touch. Additionally, it's a different feel. I don't know how to describe it, but gripping a putter the size of a Spin has some mental component that changes when the plastic is premium vs. baseline for me. I had the same sense of confidence throwing the Proton Spin before it was phased out as I do throwing the R2 Spin.

Which is not to say the difference is that vast. It's not. It's slight, and for me, there's the additional mental confidence of the premium plastic in hand vs. baseline.