• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Yeah so this means nothing haha but a friend of mine who's an older pro/legend playing for another brand shot me a message wishing me a happy new years, and a charlie brown xmas pic, then followed it with a pic of eagle, I was like oh yeah what did I miss. He said

Nothing yet, but 99٪ he's leaving and 99% MVP.

He knows I'm a gyro bumper. He also doesn't use extra words haha, older fellas and FB. Actually he did tell me about a huge success with launching a junior program this year for 1000+ kids that Prodigy gave em all the discs for free... 5 or 6 hard working folks that made it happen.... dropped a name or two and left for a round with an HOF'r haha.
I keep wondering about that yellow disc with the purple rim that Simon pulled out of that box from the video I posted last month on the MVP thread. The only one he doesn't name, that same disc shows up in the next video on the practice field, throws all those discs naming them, pulls out that same yellow disc purple rim, doesn't name it and puts it right back in the box and doesn't throw it. then there was the Streamline disc he pulled out of the box in the first video and put those back in, doesn't throw them in the second video. so just maybe there could an eagle connection with them. even though I can't see eagle or Simon throwing streamline. or perhaps that yellow disc purple rim is a new disc not ready to be named yet and not connected to Eagle. Simon is a good Showman and he likes to tease.

Yeah I was joking/speculating on the King of Streamline but it's a wide open "brand".. if they sign him they will have plastic ready, maybe a pro shop this time 😄.

Thanks for the in depth, I haven't seen that video yet. He was working too hard in that unboxing haha. Trying for viral...

Initially I wasn't buying the Eagle to MVP and especially Streamline rumors. I definitely think he picked Simon's brain after his move, and Simon seems to speak highly of how it all happened and how it's went after the switch.

Maybe Eagle isn't interested in gyro, and knew they treated Simon well and wanted the same. He would definitely draw attention to the brand, especially if they promised a signature solo mold lineup.

People latched onto the overmold p2 and buzzz in Simon's video a few weeks back. I figured it was just some fun trolling to go along with the time lapse being referred to as the TL by mvp fans. Wouldn't put it passed them as some sneaky Easter egg foreshadowing.

So the question is, who does the buzzz refer to? Possibly Holyn? MVP is getting wise on signing players with existing social media followings. She's been on the down low working on a course on private property…perfect place to throw new plastic without being spotted. I believe she was an engineer previously and quit to tour full time, gotten really good in a couple seasons and I think in a few more will be the next dominant FPO player. Seems like a good fit for them.

So Macie will play without a sponsor next year? why not just take the "lowball" offer from DD for one year. . better than nothing

She obviously had a number in mind that she needed to be able to afford to travel, atleast for the first part of the year

If the "lowball" number came in under that, then she would be losing money to play.

Now she needs to shop around and see if anyone will give her sponsorship for a partial year

So Macie will play without a sponsor next year? why not just take the "lowball" offer from DD for one year. . better than nothing

I don't know anything about the specifics here, but accepting a lowball generally affects your future negotiations because you've "set your price." In a small community like disc golf, people have a general sense of what players are being paid. So, she'd be negotiating with a company from the positioned of having accepted a "lowball."

Admittedly it's risky to not accept an offer - but it might pay off for her in the long run.

And, there could be considerations other than money that have her leaving DD.

She said specifically that she'd lose money traveling with what they offered, so it's actually worse than nothing if we're talking about actual life. It does sound like there was more in the background that made it not worth pursuing the conversation to a different end.

It MUST be hard for DD to give a lowball offer to Macie when she had a WAY better year than Kona. . .hard to explain why you get 10%-20% of Konas deal when you had a better year. .
If they are gonna lowball her, at least give her a ride in the chopper!

Last edited:
Just saw Udisc world rankings and Macie is 17th. .higher than Hokom, Cat and Alexis. . .so she should be worth a real Contract. . and i DO think her Justice has sold well

It MUST be hard for DD to give a lowball offer to Macie when she had a WAY better year than Kona. . .hard to explain why you get 10%-20% of Konas deal when you had a better year. .
It's because Kona is hotter and does more social media. I'm not trying to be a hater but there is no way Kona gets the type of money she did in that big contract if she was average to below average looking. Her play has always been super inconsistent and her putt has always been trash. I don't know how she gotten worse since signing her contract but she has.

Everyone is ERASING the fact that Kona's impact goes way beyond her performance on the course.
I sure hope she does, i have not seen much from her but i guess shes big on some social media i have never seen,

but it would be fun to see Bodanzas contract (big on youtube but not a protour player) vs a player on the pro tour with NO social media

Just saw Udisc world rankings and Macie is 17th. .higher than Hokom, Cat and Alexis. . .so she should be worth a real Contract. . and i DO think her Justice has sold well
I bought one and love it. Beefiest mid in my bag.

Everyone is ERASING the fact that Kona's impact goes way beyond her performance on the course.
Kona isn't even the most followed FPO player on social media. DD took a huge swing on her, but she never developed into a superstar. She spent a year "working on her form" or "fixing her putt". She spends too much time trying to make herself look as good as possible on camera instead of just going out and playing. She stopped having fun and worried too much about what she looked like. She has been dealing with health problems and had surgery, but that doesn't change the fact that has vastly underperformed for what they paid her for. Is she honestly driving the needle for DD for what she throws and selling plastic in way to justify her payday? She finishes outside the top 15 wayyyy more than in it. She will praise herself for "figuring it out" after one tournament she plays well in, but then have the same excuse when she doesn't. "I felt so good this week with my putt and in practice rounds, but just couldn't put all together in the rounds. I'm going to look at really focusing on my mental health and eating more gluten free options to maximize my health for the course."

It's a shame that DD prioritizes someone who doesn't perform on the course over someone who does. Macie deserves better.

Latest posts