• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Thyroid cancer puts a chill on anyone's game I would imagine.
Sure she had a hard year. . . and im glad DD did not kick her out for geting Cancer. . that would have looked even worse than kicking Macie out for being pregnant. ..
DDs FPO team is looking very weak. . they used to be a powerhouse in FPO

Sure she had a hard year. . . and im glad DD did not kick her out for geting Cancer. . that would have looked even worse than kicking Macie out for being pregnant. ..
DDs FPO team is looking very weak. . they used to be a powerhouse in FPO

How does one kick one out without a signed document?

How does one kick one out without a signed document?
I dont know contracts, but i guess its possible to have a number of requirement you have to meet for the contact to be fulfilled. . .and if you dont, you are out.
If NO requirement at all are in the contract, well that feels strange

I dont know contracts, but i guess its possible to have a number of requirement you have to meet for the contact to be fulfilled. . .and if you dont, you are out.
If NO requirement at all are in the contract, well that feels strange

Contract had expired. Both parties could not come to an agreement on a new one.

Now if you have an issue with the manufacture material leave policy and how they conduct that, I would be in agreement with you to a certain extent.

Contract had expired. Both parties could not come to an agreement on a new one.

Now if you have an issue with the manufacture material leave policy and how they conduct that, I would be in agreement with you to a certain extent.
A ok you ment Macie. . my answer was for Konas contract. .
One thing seems odd about the Macie thing. . if she had offers from others and DD said "dont take other offers we want you to stay" . . WHY did not Macie say "ok i got this XXXX offer from XXXX , can you match that?" . . .not say no to the other offers...wait for an offer from DD, and when that comes in to low its to late for the other offers she got.

Totally sucks how things went down for Macie. I understand sponsors wanting a commitment to so many events per season, but it seems like they could've worked something unique out given her situation. Instead it sounds like they tried to take advantage of it. Always two sides to any story, but I can't see this helping DD's public image at all.

Based on her post I'd assume she didn't have an agent working on the negotiations. I would expect going forward FPO players would specifically ask for something in their contracts protecting them for time off due to pregnancy.

Kona isn't even the most followed FPO player on social media. DD took a huge swing on her, but she never developed into a superstar.
It's a shame that DD prioritizes someone who doesn't perform on the course over someone who does. Macie deserves better.
Manufactures take risks and sometimes lose, it's the nature of the business. Happens in major sports all the time, teams signing a young player with lots of potential only to watch them fizzle out. DD thought they were getting in on the ground floor of a player they was about to breakout, looked like a star, and had a big following because they thought it would make them money. Nothing wrong with that as there is nothing wrong for them paying the consequences of being wrong.

Also it's not doing Macie any favors for future contracts to discuss private negotiations in public. But she not the first to make that mistake.

In general, I'd agree, but in this specific case it seems like a pretty crappy thing for the company to do and they probably deserve to be outed for it. I'd say they are missing the chance at promoting a pretty cool story of a young mom playing professional disc golf. Shame that some creative mind wouldn't think up a way to make it work.

Couple of things:

Did Macie tell those other companies that she was pregnant and was only committing to a part-time tour?

With DD's full offer being enough to allow her to tour full-time, it must have been a substantial amount of money. The way I'm reading it, is that her spouse tours with her? Does he work remotely? How else do they afford health insurance/hospital bills and to get home for OB/GYN visits?

Contracts generally require a certain number of specific levels of events (tournaments, clinics, appearances, signing events, etc). If her first offer was based on a full schedule of those types of events, how do you justify getting a liveable salary when you cut that number in half and sub out many Elite events for A-Tiers?

I also see people comparing this situation to Ricky missing events. He didn't choose to get injured. Some could say he chose to treat it incorrectly, but still not a choice to get Lymes. Macie did choose to get pregnant, either by planning it or not using protection.

I also see people comparing this to Simon's situation. First, Simon clearly moves product and draws eyes. Second, if Simon didn't have support at home and was missing a ton of tournaments and not posting on YT before his sponsor move, would it have even happened?

Finally, don't compare this to Kona. She has cancer. You can't cry about sexism in our sport in one breath and then punch down on her in the next.

Last edited:
I also see people comparing this situation to Ricky missing events. He didn't choose to get injured. Some could say he chose to treat it incorrectly, but still not a choice to get Lymes. Macie did choose to get pregnant, either by planning it or not using protection.
Unless Macie said they planned the pregnancy, I wouldn't put those words in her mouth. Protection, birth control, etc. isn't a 100% guarantee of pregnancy protection

However, it is true that Ricky's Lyme disease and subsequent complications/flare-ups are not (as) predictable as the timeline around Macie's pregnancy (barring any complications)

Braeden won my A-Tier last year. Up and coming player and a good guy. I guess he and Joey Buckets will be hitting the Tour full time.
Agree, I've been following him since Lake Marshall, have watched him on lead cards regionally. Solid game.

Players are freeagents doing what they love. Saving a % of the take home pay for future time off is what anyone responsible would do. If you want workers benefits then there is a big job market to make yourself available for.

Also it is very common that women realise the problem a pregnancy will bring and as such "play the game" to try to secure financial security and I cant blame them at all, I would do the same. But a paid athelete should plan their finances from what their contracts look like not what is "nice" conditions for workers since that is not their reality. Paid parental leave in Sweden is very generous but we do pay for it via taxes......alot. If you have your own company you have to pay that yourself but in the end it is the same money....usually the problem is that the owner got greedy and didnt since some of it is optional.

She does, and I suspect she will get it. Hell, some would say that just leaving DD is the first step to getting what's better.

This is speculative. I hope she does come into a good contract with a manufacturer who will support her. It is fun watching her play.

Latest posts