• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Was gonna say the same. They hold a near-monopoly on the Ultimate market (what's a Pulsar?), so I think they have more cash than we tend to think about.

Really weird…Eagle just released close to 20 videos on his YouTube page.

They're all from earlier in the season, so maybe he accidentally changed the privacy on all of them after leaking his own farewell video and is fixing the mistake? Or had contractual obligations for so many posts? Who knows, I can't say I have any idea if those vids were on his page previously or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion Eagle isn't going to MVP, but to Discraft. Discraft has been quiet and hasn't announced their Elite team yet. Last year they announced on January 10. Perhaps they've been waiting for Eagle's contract to be officially over…

Also, I'd wager anything whoever signs Eagle uses the phrase "The Eagle has landed" in their announcement.

Last edited:
Really weird…Eagle just released close to 20 videos on his YouTube page.

They're all from earlier in the season, so maybe he accidentally changed the privacy on all of them after leaking his own farewell video and is fixing the mistake? Or had contractual obligations for so many posts? Who knows, I can't say I have any idea if those vids were on his page previously or not.
I think he is unloading all of his discmania stuff before he tosses the update video up.

I have a sneaking suspicion Eagle isn't going to MVP, but to Discraft. Discraft has been quiet and hasn't announced their Elite team yet. Last year they announced on January 10. Perhaps they've been waiting for Eagle's contract to be officially over…

Also, I'd wager anything whoever signs Eagle uses the phrase "The Eagle has landed" in their announcement.
Uli stated that they're pretty adamant about keeping the Elite team at 12. His move to the Icon Team was in part to make room for AB. Now, rules are made to be broken, but if that holds, they'd need to move someone from Elite to Touring in order to make room.

Uli stated that they're pretty adamant about keeping the Elite team at 12. His move to the Icon Team was in part to make room for AB. Now, rules are made to be broken, but if that holds, they'd need to move someone from Elite to Touring in order to make room.
Imagine being a professional, sponsored by Discraft and in good standing, and being informed that you're being downgraded in order for them to adhere to a totally arbitrary number of 12 on the Elite team.

I'm not saying this is gonna happen, but if it did - that professional would have every right to be pissed. And there are, like, a million people on the Touring team.

Imagine being a professional, sponsored by Discraft and in good standing, and being informed that you're being downgraded in order for them to adhere to a totally arbitrary number of 12 on the Elite team.

I'm not saying this is gonna happen, but if it did - that professional would have every right to be pissed. And there are, like, a million people on the Touring team.
Agreed. Their "rules" for who gets put on the elite team seem murky. Brodie Smith is on the elite team for name alone. Granted, he's made a lot of progress to his game, there's no way Chris Clemons hasn't outperformed him, or even Ben Callaway. I'd be curious to see their benchmarks for the elite team.

Callaway actually went down a year or two back. Agreed that Brodie and Ezra (both of whom I appreciate as personalities and as competitors) would be the first two in that current set up for review. On Uli, he's had a hard couple years physically, starting with the ACL injury/surgery. I think the Discraft move was the correct one, but I wouldn't be surprised if he pops off this year: he looked right and increasingly competitive toward the end of the season, and I feel like he's maybe the most competitively agitated among that generation (Cale, Jerm, Sexton, Nikko) that's still active.

Latest posts