• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Agreed. Their "rules" for who gets put on the elite team seem murky. Brodie Smith is on the elite team for name alone. Granted, he's made a lot of progress to his game, there's no way Chris Clemons hasn't outperformed him, or even Ben Callaway. I'd be curious to see their benchmarks for the elite team.
$$$

Uli stated that they're pretty adamant about keeping the Elite team at 12. His move to the Icon Team was in part to make room for AB. Now, rules are made to be broken, but if that holds, they'd need to move someone from Elite to Touring in order to make room.
I mean, given the opportunity to sign Eagle, Ezra or Brodie could easily be bumped to the tour team.

On a side note, I haven't seen anything regarding Paige Pierce's contract which expired in 2023. I think it's a given she re-signs but I do find it interesting there hasn't been any word.

I mean, given the opportunity to sign Eagle, Ezra or Brodie could easily be bumped to the tour team..
Presumably you would bump poorer performing players like Hammes or Ellis or Barela or any of the non-Pierce FPO players first.

Presumably you would bump poorer performing players like Hammes or Ellis or Barela or any of the non-Pierce FPO players first.
Hammes won at Austin last year. Ellis won a major last year. Missy's a captain and won Ledgestone and the Tour Championship. Holyn won a major last year.

Now we get into the conversation: I think Val's safe as you have a much smaller FPO contingent and you want to maintain a core representation, both from a competitive aspect and from the marketing/business side. Between Barella, Smith, and Aderhold, I think AB has the highest competitive upside, Brodie has the highest marketing profile, and Ezra may be the most likeable, so who the hell knows?

As I said above, rules are made to be broken, and if you look at Discraft's team page, the Elite layout's unbalanced and missing a tile to establish symmetry. Seems like an obvious/easy fix with 12 so curious that it's not...

Last edited:
Hammes won at Austin last year. Ellis won a major last year. Missy's a captain and won Ledgestone and the Tour Championship. Holyn won a major last year.
Those are not the metrics that determine a player's value to a company.

MVP has their own "whale sack", the osmosis bag.

But then again, their player Jordan Castro is sponsored by the whale.

MVP has their own "whale sack", the osmosis bag.

But then again, their player Jordan Castro is sponsored by the whale.
Almost every major disc manufacturer has their version of a grip bag, and every one I can recall has a player using whale sacs.

Edit: Except maybe Prodigy? I can't recall.

So Gannon got permission from his mommy to go to big, bad, scary Europe now?
Are you saying Gannon is a momma's boy???
I know his mom is around a lot, but he just turned 18, give the kid a break.
Very few solo sport athletes are traveling on their own at 16, 17 years old. Gannon has been a minor for the vast majority of the tournaments he has played.

(FYI, once a person turns 18 they no longer need parent permission on anything - legally anyway)

Are you saying Gannon is a momma's boy???
I know his mom is around a lot, but he just turned 18, give the kid a break.
Very few solo sport athletes are traveling on their own at 16, 17 years old. Gannon has been a minor for the vast majority of the tournaments he has played.

(FYI, once a person turns 18 they no longer need parent permission on anything - legally anyway)

I just thought he was being an A-hole, trying to make himself feel better by trying to get over on the young player who makes more $$ than he does and has a rating 150 points higher than his.

Nothing from Alden Harris yet. Do we think he's still going to Discmania or is he signing somewhere else?

Per the website, Gannon is now on Discmania's Sky team, and Eagle is gone. BUT! Anttila is also still there on the signature team. So, DM updates the page, but keeps Niklas on there. Maybe he is staying after all.
other players who left DM who should have been removed are also still listed.

Did Ricky's caddie spill the beans or is this only made up and/or plain wrong? All signs point to that we will know for sure tomorrow, so at least the Eagle speculations can end then:

1705271570713.png

Last edited:

Latest posts