• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Inevitable 2024 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

While I agree, that also means nobody can ever know if it paid off or not.

Company profitability is what really matters, but that is even more elusive. Won't stop us from arguing about it though.

Discs sold still needs to be defined. Eagle chose special runs and signature discs instead of his own line.
We should try tracking how many more Simon line/Conrad line discs we see on course this next year. Since the Simon line just got kicked off at the end of 2023 with the Time Lapse I've yet to see anyone throwing them. Maybe we'll see some more of the Pixels since putters are easier to throw & can be main putters.

If we start seeing more of the Conrad line discs moving that'll be a big change here if Eagle/Simon end up throwing any of those. I don't think I've ever seen anyone throwing a Terra or Zenith on course. Maybe 2 players with Nomads, 1 putting and 1 throwing separately. New releases for Detour and Trail might convert some folks being easier to throw/straighter molds without the Eagle/Simon bump. I'll try to keep tabs on how many of the Terra/Zenith currently gathering dust at the local store are sold.

Curious what Eagle will choose as signature molds - he mentioned liking the Envy, Dimension, Pyro, and Resistor and threw a light Fission Fireball in Simon's video. Smart to switch up the molds/slots he chooses from what he had with DM so Eagle fans can fill out a full bag lineup if they want with his tour & signature discs.

Gannon must have set som kind of record for how fast you can build a collection

It's obvious he got a bunch from other players, but I wonder if he was already stacking up a bunch during the season if he had a deal pending while the Prodigy mess was still going on. The disc with his dog on it that he loaned to Silas would seem to indicate something like that

It's obvious he got a bunch from other players, but I wonder if he was already stacking up a bunch during the season if he had a deal pending while the Prodigy mess was still going on. The disc with his dog on it that he loaned to Silas would seem to indicate something like that
Yes, he said on Staggered Stance that he bought a bunch of discs from Eagle, both old and new ones.

I'm also interested in seeing these metrics which suggest disc golf is a declining market.

These 2 legitimate sources say otherwise.

1. UDisc's Disc Golf Growth Report 2023 - Disc Golf Growth Report powered by UDisc | UDisc

2. 2020-2023 PDGA Continental & Worldwide Demographics - https://www.pdga.com/files/2024_international_program_guide_final_complete_0104.pdf

2020 - 2023 PDGA Continental & Worldwide Demographics.
At the end of 2023, PDGA had a total of 136 347 current members!
Up +5 556 members since 2022. That's a growth rate of 4.2%.
111 917 active PDGA members in North America, a 3.3% increase from 2022 and 21 588 members in Europe, that's a growth rate of 6.7%.

As of the end of 2023, the countries in Europe with the highest number of active PDGA members were as follows:
#1 Sweden - 5544 members;
#2 Finland - 4562;
#3 Norway - 3462;
#4 Estonia - 1417;
#5 Denmark - 1117.

View attachment 330959

View attachment 330960
I might suggest this demonstrates PDGA and UDisc growth. The vast percentage of disc golf players are not part of these.

Of note, but not surprising: DM has retired the Rainmaker and the Razor Claw Tactic (but, interestingly, not the Cloudbreaker). Which is a little sad, because both the Rainmaker and Razor Claw Tactic are awesome discs

Damn. Luckily I have a few Rainmakers. Perfect for anyone who thinks the P2 is a little deep for throwing

Normal Exo Tactics are where its at for me, so no problem there.

Damn. Luckily I have a few Rainmakers. Perfect for anyone who thinks the P2 is a little deep for throwing

Normal Exo Tactics are where its at for me, so no problem there.
I have a good stack of the new Flex 1 Rainmakers. Love the puddle-top for my baby hands

(Just grabbed a few RC Tactic backups :) )

Last edited:
We should try tracking how many more Simon line/Conrad line discs we see on course this next year. Since the Simon line just got kicked off at the end of 2023 with the Time Lapse I've yet to see anyone throwing them. Maybe we'll see some more of the Pixels since putters are easier to throw & can be main putters.

If we start seeing more of the Conrad line discs moving that'll be a big change here if Eagle/Simon end up throwing any of those. I don't think I've ever seen anyone throwing a Terra or Zenith on course. Maybe 2 players with Nomads, 1 putting and 1 throwing separately. New releases for Detour and Trail might convert some folks being easier to throw/straighter molds without the Eagle/Simon bump. I'll try to keep tabs on how many of the Terra/Zenith currently gathering dust at the local store are sold.

Curious what Eagle will choose as signature molds - he mentioned liking the Envy, Dimension, Pyro, and Resistor and threw a light Fission Fireball in Simon's video. Smart to switch up the molds/slots he chooses from what he had with DM so Eagle fans can fill out a full bag lineup if they want with his tour & signature discs.
Idk if it's a local thing or what, but I've seen tons of TLs and the Nomad seems to be the most popular MVP putter by far (Axiom's beat it out, though). I also see both Terras and Zeniths mixed in there frequently enough, way more frequently than some of their less popular molds.

Of note, but not surprising: DM has retired the Rainmaker and the Razor Claw Tactic (but, interestingly, not the Cloudbreaker). Which is a little sad, because both the Rainmaker and Razor Claw Tactic are awesome discs
Could be theyre retiring the disc name/stamp, but will re-release as a new name/stamp so they can sell even more as a rebrand. Those discs were Eagle discs, so makes sense to rebrand

Man that video of Gannon showing off his DM collection is a swing and a miss.

The future of your company showing off all these discs he's gonna throw that you can no longer buy.

You sponsor players because they will increase your sales. Tough to do that when you can't buy half of what he throws.

The future of your company showing off all these discs he's gonna throw that you can no longer buy.

You sponsor players because they will increase your sales. Tough to do that when you can't buy half of what he throws.
i was really confused and concerned who the target audience was with that video

Lol agreed.

Kinda looking forward to the MVP dynasty that is about to be cemented here.

/cult member slightly before it was cool

I think another way to look at is how much of a DM fanboi he is. He mentions in the video that he was trying to make the team in back in 2016 at the Combine. He also alludes to the fact that he probably collected a good number of those discs over the years before joining Prodigy. I think it makes a decent case that he's a bit of an OG DM fan/nerd and that he's excited to be playing for DM. Kinda like how an athlete in other sports fans-out when they're signed by a team they grew up rooting for

i was really confused and concerned who the target audience was with that video
I wasn't. It's January. It's not like anyone would be watching such niche disc golf videos in January but the already dedicated, and people who would obviously be interested in seeing what OLD plastic a complete dork like Gannon has picked up. He did mention a bit about his fan boy-ism over DM, so getting Eagles old discs must've been a pretty cool experience.

I wasn't. It's January. It's not like anyone would be watching such niche disc golf videos in January but the already dedicated, and people who would obviously be interested in seeing what OLD plastic a complete dork like Gannon has picked up. He did mention a bit about his fan boy-ism over DM, so getting Eagles old discs must've been a pretty cool experience.
i guess

Gannon will become the next Ricky…

Really good at playing disc golf, but not so good at being a pro athlete.

There's a difference.
I think you're selling Ricky short here tbh. While awkward in front of the camera, few players play with as much joy and athletic fervor as Ricky.

Latest posts