• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

Because it's mostly men who are interested in Disc Golf. What if the men didn't say anything about this move? Then men would be berated for ignoring it. There is no winning and the tweet or whatever it was is white knighting.

What i have learned. . no matter what we men says about women, we are wrong. . and sexist

No Victoria's Secret show. . .to sexist. . .but Chippendales are ok...strange

No matter what people talk about with this move, I would imagine people should be happy with the buzz. Everyone was talking about Paul's move last year, no one said it had to do with him being a man. She is 5 x world champ. It is news worthy and people will talk about it. Good and Bad. Has nothing to do with her gender or sex or CiSness. The only bad things I've seen really is the loyalty thing. I'm fairly certain some of that was cast at Paul too.

Inventing is not the same as designing, but good try.

40+ years in the engineering field says you have no clue what you're saying.

McBeth came on these boards and said himself he is not designing, but you know better. :rolleyes:

Not even a good try.

Terry isn't a "white knight". He just really enjoys calling out any sort of irony or hypocrisy. He is basing it off of the fact that FPO is 7% of our PDGA membership. FPO usually gets 25% of views on YouTube. FPO gets about 1/5 (or less) the live spectators. Yet we have a lot of people, mostly men, discussing where Paige is going. What she should get. What is fair. It sure seems like a lot of interest now, and not nearly as much during the season.

During the season we are all out playing not stuck inside on the computer watching snow fall and dreaming of Spring to return. Structure contracts so the end in the middle of summer and watch the number of people talking about it drop substantially.

Or maybe just enjoy the fact that people are interested in the offseason moves at all. Be it Paul or Paige the mini drama moves the needle during a boring part of the year. Mostly men play by your own numbers so isnt it obvious that mostly men will be talking about it? There is no hypocrisy or irony, just obvious information Terry is twisting into some sort of social justice for his own sake.

Looks like Paige herself is calling what she does design. She's not designing anything, she's giving them input on how she wants the disc to fly and feel. That's not design.

:wall:

I hope she does real well with her new contract! :clap:

I died on this hill with Paul's thing too. At most, advisors are what they are. Calling yourself anything more that that is a kick in the teeth to the people who make things of this nature their life's work.

I spent lot of time building injection molds. I spent all my adult life in the machining fields. Now, I don't always like engineers, but I respect the hell out of what they do.

40+ years in the engineering field says you have no clue what you're saying.

McBeth came on these boards and said himself he is not designing, but you know better. :rolleyes:

Not even a good try.
CAD is one small part of design my good man.

13+ years as a Design Engineer has brought me into contact with a number of people like you in our field.

I tend to just nod and smile.

:)

CAD is one small part of design my good man.

13+ years as a Design Engineer has brought me into contact with a number of people like you in our field.

I tend to just nod and smile.

:)

I told the contractor building my house I wanted aluminum siding and a closed in porch.

According to you I am now an architect. :thmbup:

A design starts as a concept. If Paige is providing the concept, then she is part of the design process. If she's suggesting refinements, shes part of the design process. Paige and Paul are designing discs.

"Part of the design process" isn't "designing".

Is a group of random people brought in for a focus group discussion about a new car design all to be considered "designers"? No. They aren't.

I understand we are arguing semantics, but this bothers me.

Graphic Designer
Interior Designer
Fashion Designer
Web Designer
Automobile Designer
add in 20 more

A designer is a person who makes designs for objects. A fashion designer designs clothing, a web designer designs web pages and an automobile designer designs automobiles. In each case, the designer works with the help of a technician or engineer who understands deeper level concepts of manufacturing and engineering and the designer themself is largely confined to work at a surface level.

Whats the point of trying to narrowly define the word "designer"? :wall:

No matter what people talk about with this move, I would imagine people should be happy with the buzz. Everyone was talking about Paul's move last year, no one said it had to do with him being a man.

Did I miss the posts that mentioned this has anything to do with her being a woman?

Did I miss the posts that mentioned this has anything to do with her being a woman?
When I got up this morning there was a twitter alert on my phone that I skimmed. It was a Terry Miller tweet that basically said we ignore the women's demographic so why do we care about PP now, something like that.

Not a big fan of Jomez calling an advertisement a profile, butI guess bills are bills.

And everyone could have just ignored Terry. But if men don't defend men will we even have men?