• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

So, who are the other two people they are trying to sign for Elite Team? My guess is one more FPO player and a MPO.

And, Hailey King has had the Tour Series Undertaker removed from the Elite Tracker.

Last edited:
And everyone could have just ignored Terry.
I mean I read it this morning and had totally forgotten about it until it was brought back up. It's his opinion and he can post it, but it's like a pitch in the dirt. You don't have to swing at it.

Toolmakers build molds.

Ah, I see.
Allow me to rephrase my previous post:

That's pretty presumptive.

How do you know that Paige didn't fire up some CAD software and specify the geometry to be sent to the toolmakers?

Happy now?

More importantly, the point that I was (sarcastically) trying to make actually aligns with what you've been saying. I doubt that any of these big name pros are very involved in the technical nuts and bolts of how molds are designed. Or produced. Or used.

Where I work, "designers" are really just drafters. But they get upset if you call them drafters.

Ah, I see.

Happy now?

More importantly, the point that I was (sarcastically) trying to make actually aligns with what you've been saying. I doubt that any of these big name pros are very involved in the technical nuts and bolts of how molds are designed. Or produced. Or used.

Where I work, "designers" are really just drafters. But they get upset if you call them drafters.
Designers = Master Sargent's
Drafters = Privates.

Ah, I see.

Happy now?

I was just answering your question. And yes, I agree with the rest.

One thing's for sure: Paige is not going to take it easy this winter. And that means I fear for the first half of the year for FPO. She will be ready. Her main competitors will have to be ready. I'm excited.

Would be fun to know if she will face Eveliina and Henna at most of the DGPT and NTs in 2020 or if they just make a quick stop in the US as they did in 2019

In the building world designers are usually the people who work directly with the client to volley ideas and styles back and fourth. Then the ideas get brought to the contractor or whichever shop/factory is going to produce the end result.

It's our job as builders to explain to the designer that what they want may look great, but functionally won't work / isn't structurally sound and needs tweaking. Then they give us their measurements and they usually aren't correct either half the time... :)

But as someone who throws some Discraft, this is great news obtaining Paige! And everyone else on the team will benefit from added exposure.

Terry Miller has been one of the biggest advocate for FPO and has provided coverage when other media "partners" have not. I grant him standing on this topic.

I don't think that follows logically. As a person genuinely interested in promoting the ladies' side of the pro scene, Terry should be smarter about when and why he sings that tune. If you play the gender card when it doesn't make sense in context, that actually dilutes the perceived value of other, more valid points.

One thing's for sure: Paige is not going to take it easy this winter. And that means I fear for the first half of the year for FPO. She will be ready. Her main competitors will have to be ready. I'm excited.

wow i never thought of things this way

now im gettin moar excited

Latest posts