• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The inevitable re-attempt at a 2020 Pros Switching Sponsors Thread

I think the real game-changer was free quality tourney videos.

When I'm watching a video and the commentators tell me that so-and-so just parked that hole with some disc, and they tell me how it flies (which I just saw with my own eyes)...
I start thinking, hmmmm, Hole 14 at my local course is a lot like that, I wonder if that disc will help.

So, for the price of a deep-dish pizza, or chinese take-out, I order one, or go to the local DG store and buy one.
Sometimes it actually helps (Magic, Thunderbird, FB, Comet, Whippet, Heat, Mako3, Luna, Roach, etc), sometimes it doesn't work (McPro Aviar, Wizard, Harp, PD, Pig, Nova, Buzzz, Roc3).

Do I consider myself gullible?
No, I haven't bought all the discs that get mentioned, a lot, (Discmania, Destroyers, JC Aviar, anything Prodigy or Lat64) and I don't usually pay the premium prices some folks want for those flying pieces of gold.
But I am not immune to seeing Paul McBeth throw a Luna and park a 450' Hole.
BTW, I got one of those Cryztal Z Lunas ($30) and I LOVE IT!!

You don't see why it's different?
lol Carry on.

What Victor B is missing is how they copy the pro players bag regardless of how not right the disc are for the player, maybe the new brand has a mold that was missing from the other brand and in using the mold the same way as said pro might get way different results then pro. The disc might be night and day from one player to the Pro who uses it. Also some players go as far as to be total sheep and use the exact bag the player has even down to if the pro player switches bags. I have seen this with Ricky thought they are using a Innova Hero bag in yellow in the Dynamic Disc cart as the cart Ricky currently has is not available in the USA as of sometime in 2017, or is very hard to get. They sold discs off when Ricky went from Innova to Latitude 64 to pay for those discs and bag then saved up for the cart, then sold the Latitude 64 trilogy discs off to get the Innova discs and bag.

Last edited:
What Victor B is missing is how they copy the pro players bag regardless of how not right the disc are for the player, maybe the new brand has a mold that was missing from the other brand and in using the mold the same way as said pro might get way different results then pro. The disc might be night and day from one player to the Pro who uses it. Also some players go as far as to be total sheep and use the exact bag the player has even down to if the pro player switches bags. I have seen this with Ricky thought they are using a Innova Hero bag in yellow in the Dynamic Disc cart as the cart Ricky currently has is not available in the USA as of sometime in 2017, or is very hard to get. They sold discs off when Ricky went from Innova to Latitude 64 to pay for those discs and bag then saved up for the cart, then sold the Latitude 64 trilogy discs off to get the Innova discs and bag.

I do not know the names of these people but rather just saw the change in bag out on a local course this year. :rolleyes:

Casey's secret code: You have to go through all of his posts and pick out the randomly capitalized words. Run the letters through the de-coder and see if they don't spell "CGK, THE GREAT UNCLE". Be patient because there will also be an ungodly long drawn out story of the early 2000's, the in town course bridge, and other gobbledy-gook nonsense, all in a crazy one sentence format. And so many repetitive words and clauses that you won't know if you're coming or going

BREAKTHROUGH on our quest!

As a loyal fan of Casey - I have answered the structuring mystery of his posts.

Originally Posted by Casey 1988
End of First 365 days, 1 year I was using a DX Valkyrie as my main distance driver, then using a DX old style Leopard, a DX Stingray again after loosing the first one right away, and last got another putter to complement my older non DuPont added plastic Rubber Putter, a Gateway G9-I Wizard that in 2018 I gave away to a guy who uses Wizards who sold it online. I did get a little later just outside 367 days a DX Shark that I did not use too much as it was too light for me to use and eveutaly got 175 gram Sharks in Pro and later Star. I gave the DX Shark away to a friend in 2017 with a drawstring sack who I got him a new Hydra and Whaoo combo as well as a new Hydra and Dragon combo. He had a few disc but no putter only a OS Buzz and a Disc that Beginner players should not ever use, A Firebird or Xcalibur. Also gave him an 2 mini makers of mine I was not using at the time.

I could throw those new discs just fine as I got upper 160 grams range with only the heaviest at 169 grams being the Valkyrie. Now I get premium Valkyrie 170-172 grams. Do not use a Leopard after the mold changed and the Shark see above, I do not use a DX Stingray anymore since 2017 as I stopped using the mold for Sharks and Shark 3.

Lykke Sandvik has one of my favorite IG accounts. She was on the DiscMania team last year & will be announcing a new sponsorship soon. She's from Norway but is supposed to play some U. S events next year.

Lykke Sandvik has one of my favorite IG accounts. She was on the DiscMania team last year & will be announcing a new sponsorship soon. She's from Norway but is supposed to play some U. S events next year.

If anyone wants to see her play a recent event, look at the PCS Open, First Round, where she plays on a Feature Card with Eagle and Avery. She has a fairly bad day and plays below her rating, but has a good attitude throughout. I think playing on a men's card enticed her to take too many chances, trying to keep up.

If anyone wants to see her play a recent event, look at the PCS Open, First Round, where she plays on a Feature Card with Eagle and Avery. She has a fairly bad day and plays below her rating, but has a good attitude throughout. I think playing on a men's card enticed her to take too many chances, trying to keep up.

I watched that too (skipping ahead due to it was fairly boring to watch), but I kept thinking man..this fpo player (Lykke Sandvik) has some serious potential, but her consistency is...not so good. lol..

In a shocking development, Eric Oakley signs a 1-year extension with DD

Only 1 year? I'm guessing he thinks he's going to have a break out year in 2020.

One year extension added to his existing three year deal. So he was signed through 2021, now he's signed through 2022.

My wild ass guess is that the original three year deal was, like Paige Pierce, more or less a handshake agreement. This new extension makes the whole thing an official, on paper, contract.

So, the last two spots on the Team Discraft Elite Team tracker web site have changed from in negotiations to "New Elite Team Member". Any speculations on the names? I still am somewhat expecting Anthony Barela to be Team Discraft eventually following the Pauls. I have no idea if his deal is up with Innova or not, and I'm not sure if he would be on the Elite team or not, he was "only" on Team Champion with Innova, not Star.

Sam Lee is up to 1013 now, higher than Brian Earhart or Austin Turner so that's a maybe.

So, the last two spots on the Team Discraft Elite Team tracker web site have changed from in negotiations to "New Elite Team Member". Any speculations on the names? I still am somewhat expecting Anthony Barela to be Team Discraft eventually following the Pauls. I have no idea if his deal is up with Innova or not, and I'm not sure if he would be on the Elite team or not, he was "only" on Team Champion with Innova, not Star.

Just my guess.
Joel Freeman, Jordan Castro, Grady Shue and my long shot and fellow NCer Nathan Queen.

Latest posts