• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Inevitable "Your 2017 Bag" Thread

My big change came with high speed drivers this year. Switched from long time thrown Destroyers to Katanas. Between surgery and getting old Katanas are doing it well for me. It also didn't help that I lost all my beat Destroyers either. The rest of my bag should stay the same for 2017 and beyond.

5 Katanas
2 Thunderbirds
2 Firebirds
2 Roadrunners
5 Rocs (mix of Roc/Roc3)
1 S-line P2
2 Rhynos
2 Aviars

Full Cart:
4-5 Outlaws (2 Legend, 1 Sparkle, 1-2 Pinnacle)
2 Nemesis (Legend and Glow)
2 Culverins (Glow and Sparkle)
2-3 Rivals (Legend)
2 FDs (S Line)
1 Enemy (Sparkle)
3-4 Ghosts (Pinnacle, Legend, Glow)
1 Gauge (Icon)
2 Jokeri (Basic and Ultrium)
2 P2s (P Line and MF)
2 Clutches (Sparkle Gravity)

UPD Rebel could be any combination of the above

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

4xNorthman: 175g VIP, 170g TP, 2x 173g BT
2xLongbowman: 173g VIP, 169g TP
1xBard: 173g TP
3xWarship: 178g/170g VIP, 171g TP
3XHarp: 175g/170g BT Hard, 175g BT Soft
5xShield: 2x173g BT Medium (putt), 173g VIP, 171g BT Soft,173g TP

I am upgrading from a DGA Elite Shield Bag to an Upper Park Shift backpack. The disc capacity isn't that much greater but I will be able to add a few more (from 14 to 17) and haul them around much more comfortably. Here is my plan for Spring...

Judge
Tank x2
Zone

Super Stingray
Sentinel

JLS x3
Teebird

PD x2
SOLS
Firebird

Tern
Destroyer x2

2017 - Thinking of upgrading my grip to an upper park rebel - heard they are nice on the back :)

Bag coming into 2016:
P2, Cro, MD2, MD3, FD, FD2, Firebird, DD

Tested 2016
orc, destroyer, rhyno, atlas (all plastics), drone, teebird, whippet, roc3, Nova, Mortar, Xcal, Roadrunner, CD2.

Bag leaving 2016 into 2017
P2, Nova, Cro, Atlas, MD2, Mortar, FD, Firebird, DD, Destroyer

Plans for 2017 testing...
roadrunner (again), FD2 (if it comes out in star), Thunderbird, PD. Then most likely any new molds Discmania or Innova makes that seem interesting.

2016 Part 1 (May-Aug): First bag, all Innova because that was what I threw in 198x when I last played.

Leopard, Shark, Cobra, Wolf, Wedge, Colt, Aviar, and Birdie, plus an assortment of low speed DDs. Added Atlas and Nova midway.

2016 Part 2 (Aug-Dec): MVP bag because it works for my noodle arm.

Amp, Volt, Relay, Tangent, Alias, Anode, and Ion.

2017 Additions: Theory, Spin, and Matrix. Maybe learn to control the fairways.

Tamed down my bag going into the winter months. I went from 22+ discs down to 13. This has been working very well, and I can add more in only if it will improve my bag/open up shots I don't already have. Everything is max weight except for the 2nd run FD noted below.

2x D-P2 (1 strictly for putting, the other well seasoned for long putts and straight/turnover throws)
1x S-P2
1x Champ Gator (FS ring of gators stamp, flat)

1x Champ Mako3 (really loving this for finesse/straight mid shots and a lot of FH "outs", powers up well for turnovers)
2x Champ Roc3 (1 seasoned to very straight with slight fade, and a domey glow for more OS)

2x C-FD (seasoned 3rd/4th run, 2nd run at 168g)
2x Champ Firebird (Sexton, FAF)
2x C-PD (seasoned 6th run for straighter shots, domey glow '13 EO stamp)

I'll be looking for something to fill the long roller slot - maybe a Sidewinder? Destroyers on hold until I feel the PDs are "limiting" my distance.

NEW "BAG!!!" (allows me to carry more)

6ySIoNz.jpg

Adding extra duplicate molds. Namely the Eagle, Scale, and FD.

I'm going back to basics. Nothing over speed 9 (more like 7 speed). I feel like an idiot throwing a Tern 320ft when I can throw a Leopard 300.

Yeah, it's fun throwing plastic, but it's time to put up or shut up. I'd rather improve this year.

6 Cranks (2-z,4-esp)
2 predators (1-z,1-esp)
3 buzzz (1-pro d,1-cryztal,1-z flx)
2 breakers (2-proline)
7 wizards (4-ss,2-sss,1-evo)

1-Ridge Roller bag

Testing
Mantis-Undertaker-Pipeline for my fairway spot.

Full tourney setup (mostly max weight with a few drivers in lower 170s):

Distance Drivers:
4x Star/E* Destroyer
1x Champ/Glow Firebird
2x S-line PD
1x Star Roadrunner

Fairway Drivers:
3x Star/E* Teebird
1x Star Leopard3

Midrange Drivers:
3x Z/Glo/Cryztal Buzzz
1x ESP Meteor

Putt and Approach:
2x Z/JB Zone
4x McPro Aviar

Recently I added a jawbreaker Zone, as a less OS and less skippable complement to my z zone. Working out great.

I would like to try some base line plastic outlaws to see if they can kick pro destroyers out of the bag. I also want to try a fighter and/or an enemy for the overstable driver and thumber slot in my bag that is now occupied by firebirds. I would like to go all legacy except for my esp buzzz's, x-comets, and star gator. I just have not found or foresee anything from legacy that can kick those discs out of the bag.

I would like to try some base line plastic outlaws to see if they can kick pro destroyers out of the bag. I also want to try a fighter and/or an enemy for the overstable driver and thumber slot in my bag that is now occupied by firebirds. I would like to go all legacy except for my esp buzzz's, x-comets, and star gator. I just have not found or foresee anything from legacy that can kick those discs out of the bag.

There might not be any baseline drivers for Outlaws but many of their Icon Outlaws are very grippy like Innova Pro grippy. They will probably need a little time to beat into Pro Destroyer stability but they will season and when they do they'll wear through that sweet spot stage much slower than Pro plastic will.

If you need super stupid stable the Fighter is the ticket. I'm sure they'll slow turn for your thumber. Domey Icon Enemies can be almost as stable in sparkle but also vary as I've thrown light weight Icon ememies that are less stable than your average firebird but still have a nice dumping fade as they slow.

If you haven't throw the Gauge then you should give it a try. I tested Pinnacle and Icon against my favored Z Buzzzes when they first came out. My Icon Gauges are beadless like the Buzzz, just as fast, but had less LSS than I was looking for at the time to knock out my Z Buzzz. I'd bet they're pretty close to an ESP stability in Icon plastic. I've been using Legend Gauges in the winter in place of my CE QMSs and Legend covers that fly stable straight shot very well. I'd bet Icon will season to cover stable Comet lines maybe not x-comet turnover lines but go straight without fade no problem.

Here's the goal for 2017, trying to not add anything new(unless those RDG mids come out). I need to sell discs and avoid buying new ones this year, it's silly how much I spent last year. Only replacements will be purchased in the tragic event of a lost or ortherwise mangled beyond usefulness disc.

2 Terns
3 Outlaws
Icon Mongoose
2 Rivals
2 FD's
Bard
2 DX Rocs
Gravity Ghost
Scale
Serpent
Iridium

Not all that gets carried every round but those are the molds im going to stay with this year. (Fingers crossed)

I've given up using a bag except on those rare occasions when I play a course with a high potential for losing a disc. In 2016, I used three discs: Star Sidewinder, KC Roc and a glow KC Aviar. For 2017, I'm giving the old DX lineup a try for a couple months: BB Aviar, Roc, Eagle and Valkyrie. I'll roll with those for a couple months and decide in March between the three disc or four disc set up. Or maybe do some experimenting...

Winter bag:
x3 Hard Daggers (2 putting; 1 fresh thrower)
Hard Judge (beat to turnover)
Aurora Midrange Straight
Z Buzzz
Z BuzzzOS
x2 Legend Rivals
x2 Teebirds (Echo, KC Pro)
Biofusion Escape
testing: VIP Longbowman; QOLF; maybe PD and/or Thunderbird
11x Firebird
testing: Gold Line Ballista
Blizzard 159 Katana (new this Fall, surprise 20-40' over seasoned go to Icon Outlaw) gimme a break I'm a GM
Icon FR Outlaw

Current bag, not changing:

Wraith x4 various wear
Teebird
Firebird
Vector
Cobra
Resistor
Wizard x 4 or 5 putt and approach

In bag, might get bumped
River
Underworld
Envy
Roadrunner
Buzzz
Boss
Mako3

Plan on trying
Claymore
Tl
Volt
Mystere
Scale
Leopard3

I have a bit of xmas cash I was given and told to buy discs, but nobody has what I want(color, plastic, weight). I was hoping to find a fossil scale (preferably with the eye logo) and getting a new dd to replace my lost one (boss currently filling in until I do). Mystere still doesn't he a production run and I have the claymore, tl, and volt already. Also plan on getting a star teebird, never tossed one in star and a pwp wizard.

Probably will pick up the fossil wizards when they release them too.

There might not be any baseline drivers for Outlaws but many of their Icon Outlaws are very grippy like Innova Pro grippy. They will probably need a little time to beat into Pro Destroyer stability but they will season and when they do they'll wear through that sweet spot stage much slower than Pro plastic will.

If you need super stupid stable the Fighter is the ticket. I'm sure they'll slow turn for your thumber. Domey Icon Enemies can be almost as stable in sparkle but also vary as I've thrown light weight Icon ememies that are less stable than your average firebird but still have a nice dumping fade as they slow.

If you haven't throw the Gauge then you should give it a try. I tested Pinnacle and Icon against my favored Z Buzzzes when they first came out. My Icon Gauges are beadless like the Buzzz, just as fast, but had less LSS than I was looking for at the time to knock out my Z Buzzz. I'd bet they're pretty close to an ESP stability in Icon plastic. I've been using Legend Gauges in the winter in place of my CE QMSs and Legend covers that fly stable straight shot very well. I'd bet Icon will season to cover stable Comet lines maybe not x-comet turnover lines but go straight without fade no problem.

I went to spinners on the green yesterday and picked up two gravity and one protege ghost and a max weight icon enemy. If I spend some time beating the gravity ghosts in I think they can kick x-comets out of the bag. the enemy is quite a bit beefier than the beat star firebird in my travel bag, so i am excited to see what I can beat it into. I will keep my eyes peeled for a fighter.

i have some early run icon gauges but they are super firm and have a high shoulder. They just do not feel nearly as nice an esp buzzz.

I could not find any baseline outlaws so I will have to get those online probably. I have some gummy pinnacle and icon outlaws that i have been throwing for a while and they still don't fill the spot of a nicely worn pro destroyer.

it's an excuse to buy more discs!

Latest posts