• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] The Inevitable "Your 2017 Bag" Thread

Grip B15:

Wizard x5
Gauge
Ghost x2
Gator
Patriot x2
Rival
Mongoose
Enemy
Outlaw x2

GB Squirrel Monkey:

Wizard x3
Gauge
Ghost x2
Patriot x2
Rival
Mongoose
Enemy

Last edited:
Grip AX15

Putting Putters:
2 McPro Aviars

Throwing Putters:
R-Pro Aviar
S-Line P2 (getting one in a tourney players pack at the end of the January)

Mids-Ranges:
2 DX Sharks
Gold Line Fuse (signed by JohnE McCray)
Z Buzzz
KC Pro Roc
McPro Roc3
Champion Roc3
Metal Flake Gator

Fariways Drivers:
Champion Leopard3
C-Line FD
Glow Champion Eagle
GStar TeeBird3

Control/Utility Drivers:
Star Sidewinder (turnovers and my only roller disc)
GStar Valkyrie
Sirius Orion LF
Champion Thunderbird
Champion Firebird

Distance Drivers:
Star Wraith
S-Line DDx
Star Destroyer (AJ 3 Line)
Star Daedalus

My bag doesn't change that often, but there's a lot of discs that I want to try such as a Shark3, Mako3, MD, MD3, FD2, DD2, PD, and Tern. I also want to get as many of either McPro disc there is (Aviar and Roc3), as well as more Destroyers, DDx's, FD's Thunderbirds, and Sidewinders.

Pretty happy with my bag, just trying to settle on a few things.

I was putting wth the Soft Neutron Proxy, love the feel, grip, and flight. But the Spin I love for putting too, just not a fan of the feel or grip (I'm one of those weirdos that doesn't like baseline plastic, which it is only available in right now). I think I will switch to it anyways, and just hope they come out with a thin profile, Soft Neutron or Plasma analog.

I also love the Spin for understable approach duties, so I'll be getting another one just for that.

So...
Putting putters:
Soft N Proxy --> Spin

Throwing Putters / "Short Range":
Understable - Adding in another Spin
Straight - Proxy
Stable - Envy
Overstable - just powering down my Matrix

Midrange:
Understable - Theory
Straight - Alias
Overstable - Matrix

Fairway:
Understable - Relay --> Inspire. Relay is a speed slower and got a bit flippy as I improved my power a bit last year
Stable-understable - Switch
Stable-overstable - Crave
Overstable - Resistor. Might try the Shock here instead, or just power down the Wrath.
I am not unhappy with my fairways, but LOVE every single fairway I've tried from MVP/Axiom, so I'm going to check out the Servo and Clash and see if those mix things up at all. Might have some changes to my fairway setup in '17 if so! I have tried the Signal and love it as a utility disc... Don't always have a need to carry it in my heavy bag, but I might keep it in since I'll have a cart now.

Drivers:
Utility Understable - Virus
Understable - Insanity, but trying out Inertia for this slot as my Plasma Insanity is a bit less stable than I hoped. But the Inertia is a bit tricky for me, I'm trying to make it work but might have to look at another disc like maybe the Wave.
Stable-overstable - Wrath
Overstable - Motion

Distance Drivers:
Utility Understable - Orbital
Understable - Catalyst
Straight-stable - Octane max weight
Distance/Shaping - Octane 170g
Overstable - Nitro

Putting Putters
Soft Wizard

Throwing Putters
XT Nova
Proline Breaker

Mids
Beefy Z Buzz
Z Comet
Metal Flake Champ Gator

Fairway Drivers
Champ Leopard3
12x Champ Teebird
Opto Saint Pro
TD2 Fever
Champ Banshee
Glow Champ Firebird

Distance Drivers
Star Destroyer
Star Tern

I carry two setups primarily.

Grip A-Series {Full Rounds}

Putters:

4 x Judge (2 classic hard, 1 classic soft, 1 Lucid)
Mids:

4 x Roc (1 Star Rancho, 2 glow DX Rancho, 1 KC Pro Rancho)
Fairways:

4 x Eagle-x (3 DX in various stabilities, 1 Champ)
Distance/Utility:

2 x Escape (Recycled, Lucid)
1 x Monster (Champ)
2 x Tern (Champ)

Nutsac {Bug out bag in the car}

1 x Judge (classic hard)
1 x Roc (DX Glow Rancho)
2 x Eagle-X (DX, Champ)

Honestly will score about the same regardless of setup…but play more traditional lines with the full bag and have to improvise a lot (rollers, flex, fh rollers, oh, powered down skip hyzer etc…) with the nutsac.

7 distance
PD2 - Luster/G
King - VIP/Elasto
DDx - S
Havoc - Moonshine/Moonshine

4 Control
PDx - C
PD - C/C
CD2 - S

3 Fairway
Teebird - G*
River - Moonshine/Frost

4 mids
buzzz - TiFlx/Glo Flx/Glo Flx/Jawbreaker

5 Putters
Warden - Fluid/Classic/Classic/Classic Soft
Zone - Glo Z

Putting Putters
SS Wizards (2)

Throwing Putters
E Wizard
ESP Zone

Mids
Rocs (4)

Fairway Drivers
Leopard
Teebird

Distance Drivers
Roadrunner
Firebird
Tern
Destroyer
Xcal

Keeping up the trend of less is more in 2017... Rocking 3 discs in the NutSac. The Truth because it's my favorite disc I've ever thrown. And then the Plastic Addicts Habit and Intervention, got to support the local company.

I know everyone goes balls-to-walls with the "carry less molds, with cycling molds" and with my Zuca, I'm around that same point... I have a few DDx that fly slightly different, a few PDs in different weights that can cover most drives, and a few FDs that go from a 300' hyzer shot, to a 400' roller with Metal Flake to G-Line plastics covering sooooo many different shots. Granted... My cart now carries a ton of discs and I'll never use them all in the same round, but I can now cover all shots without having to adjust the bag each round to consider elevation/wind/rollers/temp/utility... At this point, I can have every situation covered and STILL have a seat built in. Happy is me.

Putting Putters
(2) D-Line P2s

Throwing Putters
D-Line P2
S-Line P2
P-Line P2

Midranges
QMS
C-Line MD3
Champ Gator

Fairway Drivers
GStar Leopard
Pro TeeBird
GStar TeeBird
Champ TeeBird

Distance Drivers
Pro Orc
Champ Firebird

Discs to add in as needed
DX Sidewinder
JK Champ Valkyrie
Champ Orc
GStar Firebird

Well, if you go down to the cold basement and grab my bag of 2016. A nice grip bag that holds 12 discs and 2 putters.

Here is what you will find:

-2 Wizards for putting. Sometimes 2 Judges make that slot because they are almost identical.

-2 Harps

-2 stable to slightly under stable putters. Always changing as discs break in.

-2 Truths. Two maces grab that spot if I need a strong fade for that particular course or of it is windy out.

-One XXX get out of trouble, crazy forehands, meat hook dogleg disc of choice.

-2 Saints (goldline). two fd's max weight champ plastic go in that slot if it is windy.

-2 PD's. Plastic is based on temp, wind and course.

-One world, or tern for big distance. world if windy. tern if need to go super long and it isn't windy out.

first change of 2017!

Added an icon enemy to the bag. It is beefier than the beat star firebird I also carry. I hope it beats in nicely. I also picked up a few excel clutches to try out.

Becoming pretty comfortable with this set up. Have finally settled on my drivers with the addition of the Escape, Renegade and Trespass this year. The Sidewinder has been in my bag for a long time but 2017 is the year of learning the roller so I'm downgrading it to strictly roller or maybe occasional air shot.

Putters:
2 X Wizards
Scale (wind putter)

Throwing Putters:
S Wizard
R-Pro Pig

Mids:
Buzzz (sometimes bag 2)
Buzzz OS

Fairway/Control Drivers:
Patriot
Escape
Felon

Distance:
Sidewinder
Renegade
Trespass

Ended 2016 with a lot of possible changes 2017 probably more of the same

Staples that I don't see being kicked from my bag:
2x Glow Wizards putters
Soft Neutron Proxy
Plasma Envy - Various other plastics for Envy's but plasma is the one that will always stay

BigZ Drone
Lucid Sparkle eMac Truth

2x Teebird - Champ Metal Flake and a Star
Recylced River
Recycled Saint

Discs that have been in my bag I still carry but might not throw or new to me I'm not sure if they have a place but i'm trying:
Evo Wizards - feel like they're made from super ball want to beat/weather them into tacky and see if I like them
Classic Judge
Fossil Scale
VIP Bard
GL Pain
Claymores x2 - Recycled and GL
Lucid Truth
VIP Warship
GL Fuse
Lucid Sparkle Compass
Lucid Sparkle Felon
Opto Culvrin
Opto XXX
Lucid Saint Pro
C-line PD - x2 one newish and beefy one starting to beat in
C-line metal flake FD3 - way overstable
Beat Star Eagle
Star Destroyer - still stuck in a tree but hope to get it back soon :\
G* Destroyer

Looking forward to the River Pro.

putter
d magnet x2
soft magnet

Throwing putter
proline breaker
400 pa4
d roach

mids
hpp blaze
champion shark 3
star fox bat
esp archer

fairways
sp tsunami
pl tsunami
hpp apache
vip underworld

drivers
z surge
esp surge x2
flex surge
tourney northman
star mamba

Going back to super simple, cycling based bag around 5 molds:

Firebirds
Valkyries
Teebirds (or Eagle Xs)
Rocs
Aviars

Putters
2X Blend Marshals

Approach
1X Prime Marshal
1X XT Colt
2X Harp (BT-M, VIP)

Mids
2X TP Sling
1X BigZ Drone

Drivers
2X Opto Culverin
1X GL Culverin (166, Flippy-ish)

Still trying to figure out which way I want to go for a FH driver, used *DS for a few years but can't find multiple alike, rocked trident for a little. Will probably see how the gladiator is when it comes out.
Also looking to maybe re-add a high speed driver later in the year, something that has the feel of a longer culverin, any ideas?

Last edited:
Not many changes from 2016 for me:

Blend Judges for putting, Fusion Judge and Harps for throwing. Also trying out a PA2

Roc3s for mids. Champ glo, bottom stamp star, and DX

Patriot and thunderbird for fairways, will be carrying two thunderbirds this year

Firebirds: my favorite champ one plus a glo one

Distance: D2's for now, two 400s that are overstable and a 170g 400G that is just money.

Understable: right now have a DDx and 166g Archon, thinking about going to a D4 or Cannon/Nemesis (probably Cannon)

Also will be playing around with some other Legacy (Outlaws and their various putters) for the fun of it

Updates

Putters
2016 Grip Pure -> 2017 Opto Pure. -> Retro Medium Pure Not sold on the Opto. I have some Mediums that I picked up a while ago for putting that start more stable and have nice grip settle down well on landings.

Fairway/Control
Opto Saint - -> phasing out... No clear replacement for the seasoned opto Saint, though the Seer is getting it done for now. Two saints in different plastic have seasoned quickly once they started to go. I'm hoping to replace this with a Northman cycle, but I'll have to see how BT and VIP season.

these are no longer fighting in 2017
Fluid Saint - Out
TP Stag - In Mostly until I can get some VIP (and Elasto???) replacements. Tried not bagging these for most of last season, but recognized their value as soon as it went back in. S-Curve fairway with reliable fade is extremely useful.
TP Northman - Out This was too close to the Stag in flight.
BT Northman - WAY In I love this thing, so I picked up more of them. Starts off low on glide, but very hss and very low fade. After several rounds its gained glide but is still hss. Hoping VIPs fly closer to BTs than TPs.

Distance Drivers
2x VIP Catapults - -1x Catapult. They lose fade and season into touchy turnover discs. I'll only be bagging them fresh.

Latest posts