• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] The Judge.

I really like the feel of the Judge. Unfortunately, now I have a preponderance of putters I like, which is a bad thing.

Anyone have a wizard and one of these and can do a comparison profile? All I keep finding is pictures of the stamp for the disc but no profile shots

what kind of wizard not all are as tall as others. wonder if there is a consistancy problem. :|

Okay, the Judge.

I've had mine now for about a week and a half. That's not a long time, but I have played quite few rounds with them already. I have 2 176g Gray Swirl Firm Classic Judges. My last putters were Neutron Anodes from November until the end of March.

First off, the plastic feels SO good. Super stiff, yet delightfully tacky. It's a positive change from the Neutron plastic I was used to. Durability is something I'm going to be watching closely. It "bruises" pretty easily, but the only real damage mine have taken is a gouge from hitting a number plate. I haven't noticed any difference in it's flight thus far.

These have translated in to my spin put VERY well. The glide on these is much better than that of a Wizard, and I feel it's pretty comparable to the Anodes I was using. I like the larger diameter and flatter profile, and I wonder if it's due to the fact that I have larger hands. Regardless, I've found their flight on a putt to be very predictable and reliable. Straight with a touch of fade as they enter the basket for me.

Honestly, I have half a mind to get a few more just in case these aren't as durable as I'd like, but it's also pretty early in the testing phase. That being said, I feel inclined to tell you guys that these (so far) have literally been money. They've already paid for themselves twice over (in a week and a half!!), and also played a large part in a random doubles -18 for 18.

I have a very strong feeling that Judges are going to be VERY big, and if you are a fan of stable to overstable putters (wizard, challenger, BB Aviar, Ion, Banger GT, etc...) then you need to try one of these out.

Good to hear. I have two Classic First Run White on the way. I'm hoping to like to like them enough that they will also replace my Aviars for my 330 feet and under driving putter.

Okay, the Judge.

I've had mine now for about a week and a half. That's not a long time, but I have played quite few rounds with them already. I have 2 176g Gray Swirl Firm Classic Judges. My last putters were Neutron Anodes from November until the end of March.

First off, the plastic feels SO good. Super stiff, yet delightfully tacky. It's a positive change from the Neutron plastic I was used to. Durability is something I'm going to be watching closely. It "bruises" pretty easily, but the only real damage mine have taken is a gouge from hitting a number plate. I haven't noticed any difference in it's flight thus far.

These have translated in to my spin put VERY well. The glide on these is much better than that of a Wizard, and I feel it's pretty comparable to the Anodes I was using. I like the larger diameter and flatter profile, and I wonder if it's due to the fact that I have larger hands. Regardless, I've found their flight on a putt to be very predictable and reliable. Straight with a touch of fade as they enter the basket for me.

Honestly, I have half a mind to get a few more just in case these aren't as durable as I'd like, but it's also pretty early in the testing phase. That being said, I feel inclined to tell you guys that these (so far) have literally been money. They've already paid for themselves twice over (in a week and a half!!), and also played a large part in a random doubles -18 for 18.

I have a very strong feeling that Judges are going to be VERY big, and if you are a fan of stable to overstable putters (wizard, challenger, BB Aviar, Ion, Banger GT, etc...) then you need to try one of these out.

Awesome review man that's good to hear. I played in a big group today with some new people and 4 out of six people were throwing a classic or classic soft judge. It's good to see they are taking off. I'm a big fan of the classic and fuzion. If you think you want a stack of these then I'd get on it sooner than later. After the GBO this week all those classic judge misprints will probably be gone. They're a great deal and the double stamped cross pattern I actually like.

I fondled a couple Judges in a store today right after I had just hit three great, long putts and approaches with my Swan. The damn Judge felt so good I bought a few anyway! Are they closer to Wizard or Pure stability on drives and approaches? How the LSS and HSS? All I could gather so far from this thread is they are straight and glidy. And if anyone has also thrown a Swan could you compare the two? Thanks.

I'm wondering the same thing as sloppy. I currently use pures for everything. Approaches, drives, putts. But I like the feel of a beaded putter vs a micro bead/beadless. Has anyone beaten one in to understable yet?

I fondled a couple Judges in a store today right after I had just hit three great, long putts and approaches with my Swan. The damn Judge felt so good I bought a few anyway! Are they closer to Wizard or Pure stability on drives and approaches? How the LSS and HSS? All I could gather so far from this thread is they are straight and glidy. And if anyone has also thrown a Swan could you compare the two? Thanks.

I would say right in between stability of a Wizard and Pure. Straight if you're a spin putter but with fade at the end. 0 HSS maybe 2 LSS Kind of depends on the plastic too although the are similar across the three. Fuzion is a little more dome and stability. Both the classic and classic soft are flat on top and I think the classic is slightly more stable but not by much.

I am eagerly waiting to see if they will have some in BioFuzion because they should keep that dome and stability of the Fuzion but be slightly stiffer and not as flexy on the flight plate. Lucid (opto) with a flat top but super durable would also be nice but I don't know when or if those will be done. I think the plan was to have the Judge available in all four plastics.

I'm wondering the same thing as sloppy. I currently use pures for everything. Approaches, drives, putts. But I like the feel of a beaded putter vs a micro bead/beadless. Has anyone beaten one in to understable yet?

The classic I have that I did the torture test with is still in my bag months later. It's beaten to dead straight with little fade. A fresh one flies pretty much the same but a lot more fade at the end. I can't say mine is beat to flippy yet but another few months and I think I'll be there.

The classic I have that I did the torture test with is still in my bag months later. It's beaten to dead straight with little fade. A fresh one flies pretty much the same but a lot more fade at the end. I can't say mine is beat to flippy yet but another few months and I think I'll be there.
Any comparison to a Pure or Swan?

How do they compare to KC Pro Aviar's as a Driving putter, since I have never thrown a wizard or a pure that is what I have to go on. I felt some up at the store the other day and they felt amazing in my hand. Just want to know how the Classic (stiff) judge compares for Driving duties.

I have two classic judges that I have to hyzerflip to fly straight for anything over 250. More power than that and maintain a gentle anny all the way to the ground.

My new classic judges, released flat, will fly dead straight at full power.

Last edited:
love the judge!

I have struggled for years finding the right putter. Started with an Aero and moved to an Aviar. Tried the Wizard and then the Anode. All great putters, but I couldn't get comfortable with any of them. So, I tried putting with KC Pro Rocs for a while. Then, I tried the Judge and I love it! I am not a huge fan of grippy putters, but I am really liking the soft Judge. I also have two firm Judges that I alternate with my soft, depending on the distance of the putt. If you haven't tried this putter, give it a shot.

Feels the same in the hand to me as a Pure but with a bead. Not much experience with the swan but slightly more OS than the Pure.

Granted, you were answering someone else, but I think that about seals the deal for me. I'm going to have to give Judges a shot. Lately I've been craving a Pure with an actual bead. They just haven't been sitting right in the hand and it messes with getting a clean release.

And I thought I was done for a week or two with buying discs.

To me they feel like a wizard, and look like a wizard bottom and aviar top. Not quite a bullet nose like wizard. Their hss stability is less than either also, in the soft (which is all ive thrown). From a hyzer it will flatten out, not enough hyzer it will turn, no hyzer, it will turn into the ground. They have slightly better glide than a wizard, abot te same as a kc aviar, maybe a touch better.

I highly recommend using a dif grip to throw these then you putt with. they are like mini comets when thrown right, less stable to flippy. and dead straight when right on the line.

the classic non soft is buttery when its over 60degrees. and has felt very very nice.

great for spin/push sucks for pitch putts

Thought I'd give a little update.

My Firm Judges have now paid for themselves 3 times over in the span of two weeks. $90+ dollars. God damn these are nice.

Latest posts