• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next "big" innovation from DG manufactuers?

first its roller carts.
then we start playing dg inside.
then we start throwing sitting down.
then we just play a disc golf video game.

and now we all have diabetes.

i mean look at how many fat people play disc golf, its not exactly a strenuous activity. theres a local am who wins a lot and hes just obese, and nobody seems to care. hey good job at that tourny, but it would also be cool if you lived past 50. priorities...
Dude! You are way over the top here! :thmbdown: People use carts for MANY different reasons!! I have to use a cart myself or my back will be f'd! I'm not fat or out of shape. And I don't have diabetes! I just have a hard time carrying a load of weight on my back for 2-3 hours! A cart is lot easier for me to carry more discs & beer/whatever. No, wait a minute! WAY EASIER!! Accessories can be added easily like umbrellas for rain play, seats for a place to sit down, etc. These are some of the reasons carts are becoming popular. Your disrespect of overweight people is appalling!

first its roller carts.
then we start playing dg inside.
then we start throwing sitting down.
then we just play a disc golf video game.

and now we all have diabetes.

i mean look at how many fat people play disc golf, its not exactly a strenuous activity. theres a local am who wins a lot and hes just obese, and nobody seems to care. hey good job at that tourny, but it would also be cool if you lived past 50. priorities...

UMMMM I have a problem with this apart from you being your normal jerk self but on top of that because there is more than one type of Diabetes jack-tard! Some people don't have a choice in the matter because its in their genes and they get it as a child. People such as myself. You know you really should get OFF the internet once in a while and maybe even get a self help book on how not to be such a DB. :doh:

I like the SMART Mini idea, but isn't that what some of the current phone apps do already?

An engineer at my work was saying how easy a smart mini would be to program. You just need a sensor in the basket (hidden in the post to stop vandalism). I really like this idea. No more arguing about who is out, whether or not you are inside or outside the circle, you could probably use it to measure the 2 meter rule if you play that way. His idea was one that works for up to 50' so as to keep the other baskets from interfering with the reading.

Your disrespect of overweight people is appalling!

i said fat and obese, not overweight. but since when did we respect fat people for being fat? i must have missed something. in the united states this is a real problem. people are dying. there are fat children. its not good.

Some people don't have a choice in the matter because its in their genes and they get it as a child. People such as myself

then theres this guy who is pissed i didnt specify the type of diabetes i was referring to... obviously not your type, pal. also i dont believe type 1 has been proven to be genetic. scientists disagree.

ALSO i said we'd all have diabetes, what are you some diabetes hipster all mad because you were doing it first?

GPS tracking technology to install in your baskets so if they are stolen you can track them down

Pay to Play, I agree. Discing buddies & I have been talking about it for a while now. The courses round these parts are all free & not very well maintained.

And indoor discing sounds like it would be awesome, especially round here in the winter.

Also, incorporating technologies to locate "misplaced" discs.

One more, lighted discs for glow rounds.

I'd love the indoor disc idea for these stupid hot summers. A/C costs would be tremendous though.

We have an empty theater in the area that would make for an interesting indoor play. I bet I can still get inside too..... :D

I feel like something this obvious has to exist...a dg backpack or just a backpack with a cooler built in to the bottom. I have a backpack with a bottom pocket easily capable of holding 6 cans laid side by side. I feel like there could be a design with rigid insulated sides that could hold either a sixpack or a sandwich and a couple bottles of water. Definitely could be a hit in a dg backpack but also a daypack for hikers. Hope i didn't give a away a patent opportunity lol.

A fairly known DG company is coming out with a disc / cooler bag next year. Holds a six pack in an insulated compartment and about 12 discs so I've been told.

I'd love the indoor disc idea for these stupid hot summers. A/C costs would be tremendous though.

We have an empty theater in the area that would make for an interesting indoor play. I bet I can still get inside too..... :D

I wonder if large industrial fans would be cheaper? And add a slight wind variable?

How about discs that repel water. Never have to worry about drying your discs on early mornings when the grass is all wet.

Here is a small clip of some minis that I treated with a water repellent.

i wish there was a disc that was perfect for tomahawks. preferably one that has an uneven wing to make it barrel roll in the air. poop would be dope

After a bit of thought... Why couldn't someone make a tiny microchip and foil antenna embedded in a sticker, much like the theft protection stickers businesses use, that could be detected and tell you if you were within say 10 feet of your disc. I know, not tourney legal. But I for one would pay a good bit for a detector system that would narrow your search area. The technology exists. Seems like it could work.

Latest posts