• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next great player....under 18 phenoms

optidiscic

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
I remember 5 yrs ago we talked about Wiggins alot and a few said he'd never be much.....he had no short game...he'd burn out.....he'd discover cars and girls
Apparently he's still around and still playing pretty well

So I would like some predictions of who the next great player who is under 18 will be...someone who in a few yrs we are all gonna be raving about.....I'm hoping this thread survives long enough for us to say we predicted it

If possible list the players name and pdga page

I will Start....Matty KA$HIMA..just 15 and been playing pro for awhile now

http://www.pdga.com/player_stats/59471

Jacob courtis, he's like 9-10 and has incredible form both backhand and forehand, very cool to see such a small kid rip drives

Raymond oberley jr, us am champ last year, won a few tourneys this year as well with a tier beating ulibarri and cale

Austin is going to be a force as well. I think he may need to start incorporating some FH into his game though, if he already hasn't.

So, he's a boss who might struggle when the line calls for a FH throw. This ain't Ken Climo's game anymore. If you want to be the best of the best, you need to have at least a serviceable FH.

BTW, I'm not putting Austin down, and I know he'll read this thread. He may be working on his FH as we speak. :thmbup:

WE AINT FRIENDS.

austin is a boss BECAUSE he throws discs the right way

Are you being sarcastic? So forehand is a wrong way to throw? Tell that to Big Jerm & Ricky Wysocki while they rip 450'+ drives forehand more accurate than most people can throw any type of shot. Forehand is a great tool to have in the bag no matter your skill level. When your in situations in which your trying to get outta trouble sometimes a forehand will give you a better stance & definitely gets more distance from a standstill than backhand. Forehand allows the thrower to face their target throughout the whole throw & learning it will take stokes off anyone's game who already doesn't use it. Not trying to be mean but your statement just seemed very inaccurate & close minded IMO.

I think Nolan was just trying to get a reaction out of us. I fell right into his trap.

I was talking to the kid that finished second to Austin at Worlds this year and he said Austin didn't miss a single putt the entire tournament. That is what is most impressive and why he'll be that next player we are talking about.

All of the local kids around here don't appear to be working their way towards touring nationally which is really what this thread is asking about. What is the next young player that is going to start touring soon.

Ken Climo....

12 Time World Champion....

Forehand Schmorehand

Latest posts