• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The next level

Thanks, man.

We played together? Forgive me, but who are you and where did we play? Hope that's not coming off as rude.

I was in the group at Buffalo Ridge recently on July 4th - the informal event that Mapus put together. I think we had 8-10 guys that day, it was a lot of fun.

I was in the group at Buffalo Ridge recently on July 4th - the informal event that Mapus put together. I think we had 8-10 guys that day, it was a lot of fun.

Ah, I see. The next time I see you, you will have to mention your affiliation to the site. That was the last day of nice weather we had in the valley.

Fieldwork for driver accuracy. Forget distance for now. It'll be there regardless. For improving OVERALL accuracy, play with mids and putters more, both in the field and in rounds. Throw nothing but one or two stable mids for a round, and your technique and accuracy will boost.

another question about grip pressure, do you increase pressure on your index the farther you want to throw? how much pressure is too much? also, how much pressure should be on the rest of my fingers against the rim.

Someone told me before that keeping the grip relaxed in the beginning of your throw and then adding pressure at the last minute of the throw to help with being relaxed and increasing arm speed. is that true? or mabye just true for his particular style?

another question about grip pressure, do you increase pressure on your index the farther you want to throw? how much pressure is too much? also, how much pressure should be on the rest of my fingers against the rim.

Someone told me before that keeping the grip relaxed in the beginning of your throw and then adding pressure at the last minute of the throw to help with being relaxed and increasing arm speed. is that true? or mabye just true for his particular style?

Most of my grip pressure is my index finger pulling the disc rim into my hand, and my thumb pressing down on the flight plate. I also have some pressure with my pinky pulling the disc in. I relax my hand and actually "flip" the disc in my hand during my run up to keep it loose. As soon as I start pulling the disc back, I start really clamping down with my hand.