• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Nuke

So I noticed that there have been some domey, max weight X-line Nukes for sale recently.

I've held X-line Nukes but have never owned an X disc, and the only one I've thrown was a beat in Avenger SS.

I'm given to understand that it might not be as flippy out of the box as some other cheaper plastics, but beats in quickly. Does anyone know how fast we're talking? For example I would never buy an Innova DX distance driver, but their Driver Pro plastic is (usually) perfectly fine.
I've got one of those, though on the lighter side.

Slightly flippier than a Surge SS out of the box, and any hard tree hit makes it a notch more flippy. I like it, but it's just...not a good disc for woods golf.

I've got one of those, though on the lighter side.

Slightly flippier than a Surge SS out of the box, and any hard tree hit makes it a notch more flippy. I like it, but it's just...not a good disc for woods golf.
Haha, good to know. I don't think there are any woodsy holes where I'd use a Nuke, but one of my two main courses is very rocky, so I imagine it might become unusable really quickly.

Haha, good to know. I don't think there are any woodsy holes where I'd use a Nuke, but one of my two main courses is very rocky, so I imagine it might become unusable really quickly.
oh yeah, definitely. It's a shame, because they're probably my favorite Nukes, but the blend of X they use is just way too fragile unless you're on an open bomber hole. It did great on 17 at the Toboggan. Not so much most of the courses I play. It's maybe 5 months old, and it's too flippy to use without a 45 degree hyzer...

So I noticed that there have been some domey, max weight X-line Nukes for sale recently.

I've held X-line Nukes but have never owned an X disc, and the only one I've thrown was a beat in Avenger SS.

I'm given to understand that it might not be as flippy out of the box as some other cheaper plastics, but beats in quickly. Does anyone know how fast we're talking? For example I would never buy an Innova DX distance driver, but their Driver Pro plastic is (usually) perfectly fine.
Elite x and pro are pretty similar. Elite x bombs too. Little more turn, lots of glide

Latest posts