• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] The Nuke

Hmm, 444', longer then a Boss, Katana and Nuke.

According to GGGT it flies 4.5 distance with a power rating 6. So closer to a Teebird or River.

Hmm, 444', longer then a Boss, Katana and Nuke.

According to GGGT it flies 4.5 distance with a power rating 6. So closer to a Teebird or River.

:clap:

Yep, must be that glide rating of 2. Reminds me of the awesome video that DN released around the time the Stiletto came out...

I wonder how far a Stiletto flies on the chart.

Hahahaha that's hilarious!!!! 444' with 20% turn. Imagine that throw!!! As soon as it leaves your hand it just starts to fade but it carries beyond your nukes! Actually if you could throw it with that much distance I think it would be a ump side down U shape. Lol. Almost like a boomerang!

You would think they would look at those numbers and just not put them in!

Well yeah, thats why its obvious they never threw a Stiletto. No one would say its longer then a Nuke Boss and Katana. lol

Well yeah, thats why its obvious they never threw a Stiletto. No one would say its longer then a Nuke Boss and Katana. lol

Check the assumptions in the overview section of the site. First one. I think that is what is going on. I mistook this to mean a universal player. I am starting to think that is not the case. InFlight is not saying throw the Nuke the same as NukeOS and this vs. that is the end result. Moreso this is how this disc is intended to fly. If you throw a nuke 400', there is no way in hell you have enough power to throw the nukeos as intended. Savvy?

InBounds, correct me if wrong.

Check the assumptions in the overview section of the site. First one. I think that is what is going on. I mistook this to mean a universal player. I am starting to think that is not the case. InFlight is not saying throw the Nuke the same as NukeOS and this vs. that is the end result. Moreso this is how this disc is intended to fly. If you throw a nuke 400', there is no way in hell you have enough power to throw the nukeos as intended. Savvy?

InBounds, correct me if wrong.

I have a hard time accepting that the super overstable highspeed discs have that distance potential. The old cliche, "Vids or it didn't happen".

I have a hard time accepting that the super overstable highspeed discs have that distance potential. The old cliche, "Vids or it didn't happen".

I would also have to question if us mortals can't throw them 400ft why show the flight path at that distance even if that's what it would fly like at 400?

Marshall Street shows the Stiletto in the same place: really long and left.

Certainly. But, I just realized that (after studying the crap out of the MSt flight chart for the last few years) that the only place the Stiletto and Nuke OS can go is up in the top left corner.

The MSt flight chart is a simple matrix of speed and stability. Therefore, it can only go as Speed 13 and Very Overstable. It is not a reflection of distance potential like the GGGT Joe's Flight Chart.

:clap:

Yep, must be that glide rating of 2. Reminds me of the awesome video that DN released around the time the Stiletto came out...

This video is just awesome.

5KBkptP.gif

went out and snagged another x nuke. i keep going back to it; it's winter so it won't see any action but in my quest for bag perfection i'm running 1.7, 2.0 and max rim width. reasonable distance gaps IMO.

anyway, tangents aside, i've been searching for high PLH versions of discs and regular and bomber versions. so far the nuke may be the only one to satisfy me. i picked up a puddle top FLX nuke and an elite x today. the puddle top had higher PLH than any of the TI nukes, which i've heard can be beefy. goes without saying it was the highest out of any nuke at the store.

i love dat FLX plastic too. will be perfect for big rips and hit/stick spikes. what do you guys think of FLX nukes?

Last edited:
I don't like flx plastic in drivers, so I don't use them. My buddy does, and he replaced his Nuke OS with a FLX Nuke. The stabilities were similar. Obviously, the FLX is nice on spike hyzers and such, looking for hit and stick with warp speeders.

Good to know and that is exactly what I am looking for...A nuke os type flight out of a regs nuke. won't be throwing spike hyzers right now though. :( snow everywhere...

Disc Review: Nuke Z-Lite (148g) - I purchased 2 of these discs a while back, gave one away and stored the other. I'm lacking a goto disc for strong headwinds so I thought I would add this to the bag and give it a spin. Usually I prefer something heavier for headwind drives and I really didn't know what to expect with this disc. With a tail wind, as expected, it fades to the left and dies quickly for me. (rhbh) But with a strong head wind (10-20pmh) this disc soared. At Bicentennial Park (Crowley) hole #3, the basket is currently in the 460ft position from the long (red) tee. I threw the Nuke hard, low, smack into the wind from the top of the hill and it flew on a gorgeous s-curve and finished left. Landed close enough for a birdie attempt! (Which I missed.) So while stronger arm players will be able to use this disc for easy distance in no wind or tail wind situations, I've found my goto disc for strong head winds! And I never would have guessed it would only weigh 148g. lol..

I have been throwing nukes for max D since they came out. It was the only new driver that made the bag for a LONG time. That said, I think I am done with them.
The king is filling the role my beat up nuke filled. and the World is filling the role of the rest of my nukes, and my forces. I am getting nuke distance with the flight of a force with my World. I no longer need as much fairway to throw 450'+

I've thrown just about all the Nukes out there. I'll summarize my experiences with them:

Z Nuke: My overall favorite. Nice and stable, but not a total pig. Can handle big rips and has good glide. Nice S curve disc.

Z Nuke SS: Much thinner profile. Lightning fast and flippy. Tough to control, but will amaze you with distance if you can keep it on a decent line. Good disc for open field rips with no chance of hazards or OB.

Ti Z Nuke: Piggish and lacks glide. The top 1% of throwers may max out distance with this disc, but for everyone else it's just too overstable. Good for headwind though.

Glow Z Nuke: Just a hair more stable than a regular Z Nuke. Nice disc. Will handle some brute force.

CryZtal FLX Z Nuke: One of the most overstable discs I've ever thrown. It's gorgeous and feels great in the hand, but OMG it flies like a dinner plate.

ESP Nuke: Strange disc. I swear it's taller than the Z nuke with a deeper rim. Almost flippy, outstanding glide without a ton of low speed fade. If you can keep it straight this disc will possibly outfly all other Nukes.

Soooooo I finally admitted that I can't wait all winter, went out and threw two rounds. I had bought too much new plastic and I just couldn't control myself. That flx nuke I mentioned it definitely nicely overstable without being a total meathook. It will be a good headwind distance driver. Now worries about it getting carried away, I couldn't turn this if my life depended on it. :). Very happy with my nukes. Also had a 30' look at 2 on a fairly long hole at kp today, think it's 11? Anyway it was a good bomb with my elite x. Definitely can day I'm quite happy to find these discs complement each other perfectly.

It's been a while since I tried throwing nukes. I used to like my elite-z nuke SS, but in the past year, I capped myself to speed 9, and I think it helped out my form. Just for fun, I took out my big-z nuke and my nuke SS yesterday and was amazed by the distances I have never thrown before. The SS hyzerflips nicely but comes back and complements my heat which turns over after riding a nice hyzerflip. But the regular nuke... that's the one that shocked me. Into a slight headwind, I threw it goalpost to far corner in the other endzone on a practice football field. I've never cleanly threw over 350' with consistency, and I can't say that I'm consistent with it yet, but feeling that disc rip out of my hand and watching it glide, it was like the disc had another gear. Looking forward to some more nuke launches :)

Latest posts