• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When are you going to mark all your courses played on here and merry Xmas?

How would you compare the attitude of the public in Europe to America regarding disc golf? If you could take anything from Europe to transplant into the American disc golf scene, what would it be?

Wrightwood its at 7000 to 10000 feet, great views and a fun layout. My 2nd favorite is Goat Hill that can be a championship course.

Surprised by this. Goat is a fun course, but I wouldn't think it would be near the top of the list for SoCal. Have you played Brengle Terrace, Paul?

What do you see in other players' form that you think keeps them from maximizing their distance potential? Do some just not have the physical tools to get it farther...even with good technique?

Most am players I know (including myself) can't get a disc out much past 350-375ft. on a good day...and I've put in a lot of study time and practice to get it that far. Seeing you in person at the Cloud 9 Open in Nashville last year bombing them 500+ so effortlessly was truly a humbling experience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!...and congrats on being World Champion!

How would you compare the attitude of the public in Europe to America regarding disc golf? If you could take anything from Europe to transplant into the American disc golf scene, what would it be?

Europeans treat disc golf like the sport it truly is. They have people out there watching on every hole. I think americans need to respect the sport a bit better instead of just going out getting drunk or stoned. I don't care if you do that stuff its your life just do it at home!
I've never seen drugs or alcohol on a course in europe.

What do you see in other players' form that you think keeps them from maximizing their distance potential? Do some just not have the physical tools to get it farther...even with good technique?

Most am players I know (including myself) can't get a disc out much past 350-375ft. on a good day...and I've put in a lot of study time and practice to get it that far. Seeing you in person at the Cloud 9 Open in Nashville last year bombing them 500+ so effortlessly was truly a humbling experience.

Thanks and Merry Christmas!...and congrats on being World Champion!

People have a problem with pulling through their shots. They either swoop or put more effort into reaching back them pulling through.
Check out the technique section I commented on someone form that demonstraights this action.

I don't think I will. I only know the tournaments I've played. Merry Christmas to you

Come on, Chuck Kennedy did. If you just clicked on 1 course played per post, that would be more than most of us have played.:(:confused: I remember when Chuck had not marked his yet.... but nobody had to rag on him. He just did it 1 day.... I think.

Last edited:
Europeans treat disc golf like the sport it truly is. They have people out there watching on every hole. I think americans need to respect the sport a bit better instead of just going out getting drunk or stoned. I don't care if you do that stuff its your life just do it at home!
I've never seen drugs or alcohol on a course in europe.

I think there definately is a difference there. Might be because it generally is not that big, so there is not such a big casual crowd. Might also have something to do with the differences in sports organisation and approach to sports in general - that it is generally never seen as "just" hobby or a game. Regardless of how marginal the sport is.
Here clubs in all sports organise players from young to old, all levels of amateur to pro, - while in the US sports are run by schools, which both creates some artificial breaks when switching schools - and creates a system where you either make the team or do not play at all. Roughly speaking.

You mentioned coming to Europe twice next year. I am assuming Scandinavian Open is one of the trips. Where else will we have a chance to see you play?

(I have seen the occasional non-conventional cigarette on the course here btw - but it is definately my impression that it is much more prominent in the US. Again perhaps due to a bigger casual crowd.)

Come on, Chuck Kennedy did. If you just clicked on 1 course played per post, that would be more than most of us have played.:(:confused: I remember when Chuck had not marked his yet.... but nobody had to rag on him. He just did it 1 day.... I think.

thats probably what I'll end up doing.

I think there definately is a difference there. Might be because it generally is not that big, so there is not such a big casual crowd. Might also have something to do with the differences in sports organisation and approach to sports in general - that it is generally never seen as "just" hobby or a game. Regardless of how marginal the sport is.
Here clubs in all sports organise players from young to old, all levels of amateur to pro, - while in the US sports are run by schools, which both creates some artificial breaks when switching schools - and creates a system where you either make the team or do not play at all. Roughly speaking.

You mentioned coming to Europe twice next year. I am assuming Scandinavian Open is one of the trips. Where else will we have a chance to see you play?

(I have seen the occasional non-conventional cigarette on the course here btw - but it is definately my impression that it is much more prominent in the US. Again perhaps due to a bigger casual crowd.)

I'll be at the European Open to.

What is your take on the Teebird vs Eagle-X similarity or differences? Do you carry both? Which do you prefer? 11x or 12x? KC pro 11x or Champ 11x?

I like to have an Eagle-L and Eagle-X in the bag and it makes it so I don't need a Teebird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts