• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has been your worst experience with disc golf?

It's just a huge network that promotes stories with up and down votes. It's actually a great system for seeing new content and it's filters out allot of new garbage, etc. The Iama Reddit portion is just like this thread except for everyone. AMA means ask me anything. You just put what you, are, and did and if anyone has questions you answer them. Good portion of them will be sarcastic and dbaggish i'm sure but i'm sure we could up vote it enough to get people to at least look at it and i'm sure there will be allot of genuinely curious people out there. I would just look at a few like this one is http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/15mq9f/i_am_a_former_marvel_intern_amaa/ - just someone who interned at Marvel etc who answers questions. Allot of people who travel go on and say what they did or sports people get on, etc.

No how does that work?

Just go to http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

You'll need to create a reddit account (top right), then make sure you're on the IamA page still, (if not click above link again) then click "submit a link" it's about half way down on the right hand side.

Give your post the title of something like

"I am Paul McBeth the 2012 Disc Golf World Champion, AMA"

Then hit submit link, and it'll create the thread. If you get around to it you might as well post the link to the thread here too.

Just go to http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

You'll need to create a reddit account (top right), then make sure you're on the IamA page still, (if not click above link again) then click "submit a link" it's about half way down on the right hand side.

Give your post the title of something like

"I am Paul McBeth the 2012 Disc Golf World Champion, AMA"

Then hit submit link, and it'll create the thread. If you get around to it you might as well post the link to the thread here too.

Personally I think he should schedule it ahead of time and get it put on the sidebar schedule. I think the benefit of Paul doing an AMA as opposed to just answering questions here would be to get some exposure for the sport to people that may have not known about it otherwise... And the best path to that on IAmA is to get it on the schedule so there's a better chance for all users to see that it's coming and would draw in more people to ask some questions.

Personally I think he should schedule it ahead of time and get it put on the sidebar schedule. I think the benefit of Paul doing an AMA as opposed to just answering questions here would be to get some exposure for the sport to people that may have not known about it otherwise... And the best path to that on IAmA is to get it on the schedule so there's a better chance for all users to see that it's coming and would draw in more people to ask some questions.

That's not a bad idea at all, it just requires a little more work/planning.

Paul if you want to go that route, you'll need to message the moderators. It's a little link on the far right hand side, almost at the bottom.

Do you plan to play the Wrightwood tourney this year?

Do you adjust your throw or swap discs out of your bag to compensate for the elevation in Wrightwood?

Do you adjust your throw or swap discs out of your bag to compensate for the elevation in Wrightwood?

I did let Max Nichols (current Wrightwood defending champion) know today that I may sick you on him to take it back this next year. (so if you happen to be back around the correct time of year I might look like I know what Im talking about. I also tol him he could have Chilis one night of the Memorial)

if you don't want to shell out $ to get a ce leo, the good yellow ones. what in your opinion is the closest to that.

hey Paul thank you for doing this. great to get to get some advice and see into the mind of the pros. My question is do you change your putting style at all depending on the baskets you are putting on? Of course the newer baskets catch way better but I'm curious what you do when you are playing on the much older courses with baskets with not nearly as many chains and very shallow baskets that just do not catch as well. does it change your approach or the type of putt you throw?

I did let Max Nichols (current Wrightwood defending champion) know today that I may sick you on him to take it back this next year. (so if you happen to be back around the correct time of year I might look like I know what Im talking about. I also tol him he could have Chilis one night of the Memorial)

Funny I just posted up a vid with Max in it.

No how does that work?

Pretty much just what you are doing now, but with more people who have no idea wft discgolf is. There are about 9000 disc golfers in /r/discgolf, but 2.5 million subscribe to /r/IamA. Lots of famous people have done them, as well as people with strange jobs or hobbies. You basically allow millions of people to ask you anything (or almost anything) you want. check out

http://www.reddit.com/r/IamA http://www.reddit.com/r/IAMAFamousArchive/

or these, in case you are still browsing on your phone
i.reddit.com/r/IamA
i.reddit.com/r/IAMAFamousArchive/

I was actually linked to this thread from /r/discgolf and read through it this evening. I created this account just to ask you to do an AmA on reddit. And also to ask, how do you mark your discs?

Yea I have to look at that more but it seems like a good idea

I don't plan on it since I live on the east coast now.

I do change my bag up not my throw. My main driver there is a dx aviar and maybe the occasional roc shot. The elevation allows the slower disc to glide a long ways.

I've played that event 4 times and haven't lost so thats not a bad prediction.
You told max he can eat with us.one night?

Status
Not open for further replies.