• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best advice you can give to a young disc golf player who wants to commit some serious time and effort into becoming pro?

Pretty much what you just said.you have to commit 100% or you'll never be satisfied with your progress. Other than that try to film yourself as much as possible so you can so you can critique yourself.

if you don't want to shell out $ to get a ce leo, the good yellow ones. what in your opinion is the closest to that.

I don't the leopards but if I was to say another disc I would say the C-FD by discmaina or millenium has a champion leopard mold to just not sure the name of it.

hey Paul thank you for doing this. great to get to get some advice and see into the mind of the pros. My question is do you change your putting style at all depending on the baskets you are putting on? Of course the newer baskets catch way better but I'm curious what you do when you are playing on the much older courses with baskets with not nearly as many chains and very shallow baskets that just do not catch as well. does it change your approach or the type of putt you throw?

I wouldn't say I change my putt but I may slow it down a bit more. I know if I'm having trouble I'm sure everyone is having the same situation.

Pretty much just what you are doing now, but with more people who have no idea wft discgolf is. There are about 9000 disc golfers in /r/discgolf, but 2.5 million subscribe to /r/IamA. Lots of famous people have done them, as well as people with strange jobs or hobbies. You basically allow millions of people to ask you anything (or almost anything) you want. check out

http://www.reddit.com/r/IamA http://www.reddit.com/r/IAMAFamousArchive/

or these, in case you are still browsing on your phone
i.reddit.com/r/IamA
i.reddit.com/r/IAMAFamousArchive/

I was actually linked to this thread from /r/discgolf and read through it this evening. I created this account just to ask you to do an AmA on reddit. And also to ask, how do you mark your discs?

Nice, I mark my discs with my name on the top.some I just put a dot on if i'm just testing it out

How much time do you spend a day on DGCR? Do you browse other forum threads? If so, find any interesting or useful information?

How much time do you spend a day on DGCR? Do you browse other forum threads? If so, find any interesting or useful information?

I used to till this thread way made. I get on in spurts to answer everyones questions mostly. I do occasional browse through.

I don't plan on it since I live on the east coast now.

I do change my bag up not my throw. My main driver there is a dx aviar and maybe the occasional roc shot. The elevation allows the slower disc to glide a long ways.

Fair enough, I wouldn't expect you to come across the country for a C-tier.

Do you tee off with a roc on the longer holes of the course like 9 or 14? Do you carry any drivers with you?

Fair enough, I wouldn't expect you to come across the country for a C-tier.

Do you tee off with a roc on the longer holes of the course like 9 or 14? Do you carry any drivers with you?

Yes 9 is a roc and 14 depending on wind is a roc or 165 roadrunner

I used to till this thread way made.

i'm glad i asked you to do this paul :thmbup: some of the questions asked and your related insights have been straight up golden. in the long run everyone benefits!

it was great watching you play at end of the trail this year. chuck woody appreciates the kind words you always have for his tournament and he's working on even making it better for next year. i know you're a lot further away now but hopefully you and brittany will be able to swing through and play it again.

did you check out cain's victory last night? i pocketed enough bets to cover this year's vacation! i could not find one person who thought cain had this - goes to show how much people really know mma and all the skills it takes to become and stay champion - not just knockout punching power. the only thing jds had last night was a decent takedown defense - cain's overall abilities really had a chance to shine since he didn't get clocked by jds early on like the last match.

when overeem takes out silva in february he'll battle cain for the belt around late june, early july. i like cain but overeem has the best all around abilities, more fight experience and trains harder than anyone out there. lol, cain has even admitted to that fact.

Paul, just played Hansen park cones league today at about 15 deg. How warm was it today when you played. Im so ready to hit up some warm weather

i'm glad i asked you to do this paul :thmbup: some of the questions asked and your related insights have been straight up golden. in the long run everyone benefits!

it was great watching you play at end of the trail this year. chuck woody appreciates the kind words you always have for his tournament and he's working on even making it better for next year. i know you're a lot further away now but hopefully you and brittany will be able to swing through and play it again.

did you check out cain's victory last night? i pocketed enough bets to cover this year's vacation! i could not find one person who thought cain had this - goes to show how much people really know mma and all the skills it takes to become and stay champion - not just knockout punching power. the only thing jds had last night was a decent takedown defense - cain's overall abilities really had a chance to shine since he didn't get clocked by jds early on like the last match.

when overeem takes out silva in february he'll battle cain for the belt around late june, early july. i like cain but overeem has the best all around abilities, more fight experience and trains harder than anyone out there. lol, cain has even admitted to that fact.

No I didn't get the chance to watch it. I heard cain won and thought his was a bigger stronger fighter to begin with. I would have put my money on brown pride all day.

Do you think you would ever put up a tutorial on how you putt? Or perhaps a detailed description?

Based upon the fervor over the RC3 rocs, they should be monster sellers.

Any chance you will reconsider your name going on them if they end up in your bag?

he already threw a hint out on one of the first pageson what disc his name is gonna be on. I think he said innova could use anither putter, when they already have so many. I think that pauls way of skirting around technicalities. am I right paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.