• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul,

I saw that one of our top five courses is Brown Deer in Milwaukee, WI. I'd really enjoy hearing you break down what makes that course memorable or special to you, and any tips you might have on not getting "Brown Deer'd" the next time I go visit my friends. Favorite holes, and least favorite holes would be a great bonus to your answer.

Paul,

I saw that one of our top five courses is Brown Deer in Milwaukee, WI. I'd really enjoy hearing you break down what makes that course memorable or special to you, and any tips you might have on not getting "Brown Deer'd" the next time I go visit my friends. Favorite holes, and least favorite holes would be a great bonus to your answer.

where ever you read that it was old... i played that in 2007 i believe i had only played 20 courses at that point. i honestly don't remember much about that course besides hole 1 where i threw a soft turnover roc.... sorry i wish i could help you on this question.

So dgers should find a way to create a cleaner image so budwieser will sponser events? Someone had to say it. I agree and disagree. I have recently been playing with the pros at events and I don't see drugs with any of those guys. Its all in the intermediate /advance divisions were its guys that work hard all week(are not trying to make a profession) and want to enjoy there weekend. All I see is pot for the most part and pro athletes in almost every sport do that occasionnally(more then you think). I like that the pdga is not like the nfl or pga. I maybe a hippie I guess

Just stating what I always had to deal with and what I have found to be still true. I just got back into playing again and I cant even take my 7 year old son to my local course because of the drug problem. I have been involved with disc golf since 1989 so I have seen a lot.

I can prove out sport infact does have a drug problem in one sentence.

We label players who are clean instead of the other way around.

The biggest overall issue facing our sport is numbers. We simply don't have enough people who play or are interested in it to generate support. There are multiple factos that are in play that affect those numbers, drugs / image being one of them.

We have plenty of people playing the game, thats not an issue at all. The main issue was, is and always will be the image of the sport. Until we clean that up we will always be stuck in neutral.

We have plenty of people playing the game, thats not an issue at all. The main issue was, is and always will be the image of the sport. Until we clean that up we will always be stuck in neutral.
What bizarro world are you talking about? The number of disc golfers is peanuts compared to most sports. There are sports way bigger and older than disc golf that also don't have much money and they even have testing. There are many Olympians which are the elite of the elite and they still can't afford to quit their day job and they have testing out the wazoo.

There isn't much anyone can do to stop the "image" of recreational dgers, except taking courses out of public parks and making them all private pay to play. I don't think that will grow the number of players or the competitive pool though. The general public doesn't even know there are competitive disc golfers, touring pros, or a PDGA. I didn't even know there were disc golf tournaments until I had played 2 years or so.

You said you have Star Roc in your bag. I`m about to add Star Roc in my bag also. Do you throw San Marino or Rancho mold and how do you compare them to each other.

What bizarro world are you talking about? The number of disc golfers is peanuts compared to most sports. There are sports way bigger and older than disc golf that also don't have much money and they even have testing. There are many Olympians which are the elite of the elite and they still can't afford to quit their day job and they have testing out the wazoo.

There isn't much anyone can do to stop the "image" of recreational dgers, except taking courses out of public parks and making them all private pay to play. I don't think that will grow the number of players or the competitive pool though. The general public doesn't even know there are competitive disc golfers, touring pros, or a PDGA. I didn't even know there were disc golf tournaments until I had played 2 years or so.

if it was on tv im sure you would have know before those 2 years.

You said you have Star Roc in your bag. I`m about to add Star Roc in my bag also. Do you throw San Marino or Rancho mold and how do you compare them to each other.

the rancho roc but i must say it's getting replaced by the new champion shark3 as soon as they are relesed.

Paul can I join you Rick and Will in the group of non-substance users?

I cannot honestly see a benefit to not being in full controll of your body.

Paul,

I wanted to say that following this thread has quickly made you my favorite DGer.

I have 2 questions. Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

2nd. I recently gained access to 15 acres of land that has multiple elevation changes as well as a 100 foot cliff that runs along the edge of the property. I have purchased 6 baskets and am making 3 hanging baskets. The plan is to use each basket 2x but from different directions/elevations. What advise do you have for someone who is designing their 1st course?

Rollers

Paul

What are you using for a roller these days and is it worn in or a newer
disc. I'm old school and roll with a stingray San Marino for short trick shots
and a roadrunner for long shots but it doesn't curl around at the end.
And have tried others that didn't work for you...

Thanks Mort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts