• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Paul,

I wanted to say that following this thread has quickly made you my favorite DGer.

I have 2 questions. Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

2nd. I recently gained access to 15 acres of land that has multiple elevation changes as well as a 100 foot cliff that runs along the edge of the property. I have purchased 6 baskets and am making 3 hanging baskets. The plan is to use each basket 2x but from different directions/elevations. What advise do you have for someone who is designing their 1st course?

Sorry for the slight threadjack, but Nate, you missed out last Sept. buddy. Nikko, Will Schuesterick, and Kyle Crabtree (although he is at most of our tournies) were in town and put on a great show

Paul,

I wanted to say that following this thread has quickly made you my favorite DGer.

I have 2 questions. Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

2nd. I recently gained access to 15 acres of land that has multiple elevation changes as well as a 100 foot cliff that runs along the edge of the property. I have purchased 6 baskets and am making 3 hanging baskets. The plan is to use each basket 2x but from different directions/elevations. What advise do you have for someone who is designing their 1st course?

i don't believe i will be making it to washington this year, you guys should go to a event regardless to just watch and support.

i wouldn't recommend hanging baskets, i also don't think they are pdga legal if you ever want to have a even. I have never designed a course but i would say make as much variety as possible wooded to open open to wooded uphill down hill just keep people guessing whats coming next.

Paul

What are you using for a roller these days and is it worn in or a newer
disc. I'm old school and roll with a stingray San Marino for short trick shots
and a roadrunner for long shots but it doesn't curl around at the end.
And have tried others that didn't work for you...

Thanks Mort

i have a beat up roc, new roadrunner champion or star 166, beat up beast 167 to 175 depending on how beat and a beat up light destroyer 167 for long distances.... they all filter through my bag depending on the course

Do you ever travel up toteh yetter a tier? It would be awesome to see a pro such as yourself there

where ever you read that it was old... i played that in 2007 i believe i had only played 20 courses at that point. i honestly don't remember much about that course besides hole 1 where i threw a soft turnover roc.... sorry i wish i could help you on this question.

No worries! Figured it was old news, but worth a shot.

Just stating what I always had to deal with and what I have found to be still true. I just got back into playing again and I cant even take my 7 year old son to my local course because of the drug problem. I have been involved with disc golf since 1989 so I have seen a lot.

If you're talking about Morley, that is definitely one of the worst courses I have ever played in regards to drugs being used. Kit Carson and Brengle Terrace in north county aren't NEARLY as bad. I'd safely say that 9/10 times I go to either of those courses I don't run into anyone blatantly using drugs. Whereas every time I've been to Morley I've seen people using drugs.

Last edited:
If you're talking about Morley, that is definitely one of the worst courses I have ever played in regards to drugs being used. Kit Carson and Brengle Terrace in north county aren't NEARLY as bad. I'd safely say that 9/10 times I go to either of those courses I don't run into anyone blatantly using drugs.

When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.

When you say 'drugs' do you mean substances other than pot? Just curious.

I've never seen use of any drugs other than pot at any courses. But I wouldn't be all that surprised if I were to see it at Morley. The pot smokers there aren't very discrete (as compared to every other course I've played), so I wouldn't be surprised if I did see use of any other drugs there. But the guy was talking about not being able to bring his 7 year old out, so I'm sure pot was the deal-breaker there.

Paul,

Are you going to be playing anywhere near Spokane Wa this year? I have never been to a pro event and would love to plan a trip with my GF that incorporates watching a tourny...

The BSF is your best bet, and well worth the drive. Milo has good camping, there is another course close by that isn't part of the tourney, and Portland is a great city to visit. You could also put your name in the AM raffle and if you get in, all the better (there is a raffle admitance system - AM1 only). I got in, played up, and got my a** kicked. It was worth every penny. Plus, I got to see Paul and Nate Doss absolutly carve the course up in the final round.

The BSF is your best bet, and well worth the drive. Milo has good camping, there is another course close by that isn't part of the tourney, and Portland is a great city to visit. You could also put your name in the AM raffle and if you get in, all the better (there is a raffle admitance system - AM1 only). I got in, played up, and got my a** kicked. It was worth every penny. Plus, I got to see Paul and Nate Doss absolutly carve the course up in the final round.

thats not a bad idea either

Status
Not open for further replies.