• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official 'Ask Paul McBeth' Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impressive win, congrats on the 2-peat.

I'm a guy whose focus starts to drift during a one-round club singles. One bogey over 7.5 rounds is absurd, borderline superhuman territory, liquid nitrogen for blood, given lead card all week, several great players making crazy charge after crazy charge.

You're like Hannibal Lecter, seem polite, heart rate in the 40's, but rip faces off, eat people for breakfast.

Thanks Mushin for the video. I was looking more for an answer from Paul saying "I could have won Worlds with (these 6-7 discs...or whatever), and nothing else. It's really just confirmation from the best player in the world that you don't need a buttload of discs to win, or be a great disc golfer.

Impressive win, congrats on the 2-peat.

I'm a guy whose focus starts to drift during a one-round club singles. One bogey over 7.5 rounds is absurd, borderline superhuman territory, liquid nitrogen for blood, given lead card all week, several great players making crazy charge after crazy charge.

You're like Hannibal Lecter, seem polite, heart rate in the 40's, but rip faces off, eat people for breakfast.

lol! yeah shooting 1053 for 7 rounds in a row. Question do you need a doubles partner? ;)

Congratulations on such clear victories two years in a row and the best overall success of any disc golfer this season. McWinning 2013

Paul, it was great to see you for the first time in Nokia. Awesome friendly and down-to-earth attitude, that's probably why you're a winner. And a lot smaller in person :D

Attachments

• Foto2434.jpg
    Foto2434.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 115
Congrats on another world championship Paul.

What are the differences in course style between Europe and America?

I spotted you using what i think were soccer cleats at EO. Could you tell us about them. (or what ever shoes you wear at dg)

the last 2 pairs of shoes he bought were Solomons. He posted a pic of em on FB. One is a pair of what look more like soft cleats. the others are more of a cross trainer looking shoe.

Looked like he was wearin one of the two pairs at Worlds.

maybe a more overstable roc3...possibly a little more stiff, that might do the trick

Paul, on the off chance you still read this thread, I've got a question:

Could you tell us what your main discs are in your bag, and what percentage of throws you use them? I'm going to guess you probably throw about 6-7 discs 95% of the time, and the rest are utility.

Could you have won Worlds with 6-7 discs in your bag?

Of course he could, but even if he did only throw 6-7 discs, why would he intentionally (and unnecessarily) handicap himself by limiting his bag to those discs if he might find himself in a situation where he needed to throw a shot that he could execute more easily or more reliably with another disc, especially if his competitors are carrying a full complement of discs? Even if he ended up not needing the additional discs, it's better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

Of course he could, but even if he did only throw 6-7 discs, why would he intentionally (and unnecessarily) handicap himself by limiting his bag to those discs if he might find himself in a situation where he needed to throw a shot that he could execute more easily or more reliably with another disc, especially if his competitors are carrying a full complement of discs? Even if he ended up not needing the additional discs, it's better to have them and not need them than need them and not have them.

It's just a hypothetical. I'm not asking him to compete at Worlds with 6 discs. Paul, care to chime in?

Status
Not open for further replies.