• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Official First Dyes Thread

Anytime. I've been the recipient of great advice here so I thought I'd do the same. You'd be surprised how less of an effort to cut with a sharp blade. Def get vinyl though. A good price will be about .40 per 12x12 sheet. Small price to pay with no bleeds. I think some companies will send u a free sample if u ask.

Anytime. I've been the recipient of great advice here so I thought I'd do the same. You'd be surprised how less of an effort to cut with a sharp blade. Def get vinyl though. A good price will be about .40 per 12x12 sheet. Small price to pay with no bleeds. I think some companies will send u a free sample if u ask.

Thanks again

Can I get vinyl from craft stores like Joanns or Michaels? Or do I have to go to a specialty shop?

Your best bet is probably checking out USCutters.com - you can get a 24 inch by 10 foot roll of Oracal for $25 (give or take). They also have other "off-brands" that are less expensive that others on here have used successfully.

Your best bet is probably checking out USCutters.com - you can get a 24 inch by 10 foot roll of Oracal for $25 (give or take). They also have other "off-brands" that are less expensive that others on here have used successfully.

Ok cool. Thanks alot much appreciated

This is my first dye. I have been wanting to try this out for awhile and my wife found this disc awhile back and it was the perfect color for an Oklahoma State University logo. There are things I will do differently in the future (ruler/straight edge on some lines...) but I am happy with it for my first one.

My wife is working on Packers dye right now. It is a design I stole from someone on here... I forgot who though...

Attachments

• DSC01312.jpg
    DSC01312.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 33
My first dye. Jerry on an Opto Bolt... which i thought was fitting.

1209243_412719082168159_1609529817_n.jpg

Here's my first dye. I just completed it this morning. It took forever, because I went with the brush-on method and had my dye at a good strength for dunking the disc. Overall, I'm fairly pleased. My vinyl (Avery Paint Mask) held up well and I only had 2 very small bleed spots (P by the disc and bottom of the y in my).

IMAG0674_zps507582da.jpg

Of course, my son already wants a multi-color image with a marbled border...yeah, maybe after I get some simpler stuff under my belt.

This one is my first try. It is a yellow Star Katana that I ended up dyeing using the shaving cream method. I did a quick 20 minute dye for the logo.

9845973816_caba8c6180_c.jpg

This is my second attempt on a ESP Nuke. For this I left it in the dye overnight.

9845944715_e00e67e321_c.jpg

Both of them have significant bleeding (the second one especially; the indentations and raised lettering of the original stamp created an irrigation system for the dye to leak through.) but I kind of like the way they turned out.

59692_10200969693296818_1302283906_n.jpg

A Pro Destroyer that uses the Portal/Aperture Logo and cake slice (a la Texas_Viking) mixed with a t-shirt design referencing same. A few bleeds, but my 10 yr old likes it anyways. Cut on a Cricut machine and dyed with IDye Poly. Thanks to BennettUA for guidance.

My first, the black came LONG before the tie dye, but it was also my first color dye (after many black stencils).

Attachments

• 20130723_204150.jpg
    20130723_204150.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 83
My first dye on a champ valkyrie about a week or so ago.
10786169464_49ef219c96_z.jpg

And ummm, a couple more that were done shortly thereafter... Not addicted or anything, I swear! :rolleyes:
10786080466_f45cdc57e9_z.jpg

Latest posts