• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The ONE disc everyone should have ...

You need to master a roc or a buzz. Either one is fine, but learning the ability to throw them hyzer, flat, anhyzer, flex, and hyzer-flip will help out the rest of your game tremendously. I've got two rocs and a buzz in my bag currently. They're even good for straddle putts.

I have bought many different drivers. In fact only 2 of my discs aren't and those are my Gator and my Aviar (dog just chewed it up *tear* may it R.I.P., guess I will go buy another :D ).
Anyways, back to the point. So far I know one thing that I prefer over the others and that is Innova's Champion Plastic. My roommate likes their Star but I just really, really like how the Champion plastic feels in my hand. Now, I'm a right handed, back hand thrower. I have a 172 Starfire (ehh OK disc but I don't throw it much), a 171 Viking (Good disc, just can be unpredictable for me), a 172 Star Excalibur that I found and really don't like, a 167 Beast that was my #1 and is a great disc ( I would throw it more if I wasn't retarded and bought a clear one that is a bear to find) and my absolute favorite driver that is my bright green 175 Monarch. The Monarch is absolutely straight and true and I can throw it wherever I want it to go on command and that is helpful being as I mostly play at Dexter and just about all of the Oregon courses are very wooded and the ability to weave through trees is a neccesity (hence why I bought it in bright neon green, learned my lesson with the clear Beast lol).

I do really REALLY want a Coyote as heavy as I can get. I just never see them in the shops around here. Plus, it has to be Champion plastic ;)

Anywhoo that's my 2 cents

Is there any better then Innova? I have yet to try any other brands. Keep in mind I am a big guy and have big hands and NEED to throw no lighter discs then around 170 for a driver and 160 for approach and putter. Just a question I was curious about and hoping to get an answer for :)

Is there any better then Innova? I have yet to try any other brands. Keep in mind I am a big guy and have big hands and NEED to throw no lighter discs then around 170 for a driver and 160 for approach and putter. Just a question I was curious about and hoping to get an answer for

I have never seen a Latitude 64 disc under 170. My Core is 178, Medius is 177, Vision is 174.

I don't think that I could tell someone that they must have a disc unless they threw just like me (god help them).

That being said I have no problem telling folks to try Latitude discs...pick one!

I think that both the Buzz and the Roc are great discs so they cancel each other out. Either one does the job. That being said I would choose my Star Teebird.

Driver must have

Z-XS. The ultimate utility driver. I can play any shot with that disc. Hyzer, Anhyzer, and straight. S curve love!

Its gotta be my gazelle. In Dx once it gets beat in a little I can make it do anything!...well almost anything

My Buzzz is fairly new and I find myself throwing it more and more. But if I was to pick just one as a must have it would be a Champion Leopard. I get fair distance, it can do most anything I ask it to do, and it seems to grip the chains pretty good.

IMO the discs any bag will be better with than without, in order of importance:

A beaded (preferably big beaded) putter (Wizard, BB Avair, Challenger, Banger)
A beaded mid (Roc, Wasp, Sentinal) - you'll notice a lot of guys who throw a Buzzz complement it with a Wasp.
A "workable" control driver (Gazelle, Cyclone, Eagle, XL, TL, Cheetah, Polaris LS)
A very overstable driver (Predator, Firebird, Spirit, Banshee)

Understable duties can be performed with a beat version of your control driver.
A faster, stable discs for headwinds is really nice to have, but not 100% necessary.
A Teebird is nice to have, but again not necessary. It's hard to argue with straight and long.
Distance drivers (Valkyrie and faster) are the least useful disc in any bag...unfortunately they make up at least 50% of most people's bags.

ill say a Buzzz - too many options / throwing styles - just want a disc that can do several things i'm assuming most can throw a midrange.

Buzzz gets the nod over the Roc since it's available in many different plastics at reasonable prices whilst the rocs in nicer plastics are way overpriced.

i do really like my buzzz. but really most people have a disc that fills the roll of reliable midrange.

what i see a lot of people without is an understable midrange for trick shots and doglegs that go against your fade. it's not a disc that i use every time i play. but it is a great situational disc that i think everyone should have practice using. and that is the Stingray.

Latest posts