• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] 3-Disc Bag

The set up you guys mention -stable putter,understable mid, stable to overstable driver seems to make the most sense to me.

Putter does short work, mid does right and longish, driver does long, left, and far right via forehand

I can't stick to just three though. If the wind is up, an OS mid is so nice, or if you want a shorter flex shot or downhill without risking a crazy driver skip. Then I want a flippy driver in case there is a pin a little out of my reach with the flippy mid. If you give a mouse a cookie...there are too many excuses to get excessive

Link (or E-envy, P2, etc..)
Pathfinder (or Buzzz, fresh KC roc…)
OLF

For a 50/50 (ish) BH/FH player, pathfinder goes straight, OLF fades left/right.

OLF unlocks this bag, even though I don't typically bag it these days. Unless playing a true distance course, I could serviceably replace essentially all my drivers, teebird, mellow firebird (with more hyzer), and wraith/destroyer. The shape that would be hardest to replicate reliably is a straight teebird tunnel shot, but the pathfinder has enough legs to get close if I couldnt carry a second beat OLF. OLFs actually serve well as an approach forehand powered down like a sexton FB. Im sure Thundy, PD, etc could do this too, but not sure how they do at lower power.

The set up you guys mention -stable putter,understable mid, stable to overstable driver seems to make the most sense to me.

Putter does short work, mid does right and longish, driver does long, left, and far right via forehand

I can't stick to just three though. If the wind is up, an OS mid is so nice, or if you want a shorter flex shot or downhill without risking a crazy driver skip. Then I want a flippy driver in case there is a pin a little out of my reach with the flippy mid. If you give a mouse a cookie...there are too many excuses to get excessive

Yeah I think the stable, US, OS is the best setup for me with varying conditions.

The other keys are discs that cover multiple distance slots and can power down.

I actually ran a 3 mold bag this summer (3/2/3 so 7/8 discs), had to add a 4th (the relay) since I was having trouble with my teslas for straight or turnover distance. Then like you said... you slip another in there, and another :D. It sure let's you see what you are missing and it's a good way to rebuild.

Champ Eagle
ESP Zone
SSS Wizard

There's some advantage you are hoping to gain but I don't see it. You are doubting yourself and your ability to P&A.

This comes from child repression and not being validated as being loved and important.

You are a special snowflake. Embrace your trueself. Just throw away that zone and throw a beefy mid or throw away your wizard and throw a Comet.

You have chosen....

Poorly....

............Now two drivers and a putter... :D

Last edited:
There's some advantage you are hoping to gain but I don't see it. You are doubting yourself and your ability to P&A.

This comes from child repression and not being validated as being loved and important.

You are a special snowflake. Embrace your trueself. Just throw away that zone and throw a beefy mid or throw away your wizard and throw a Comet.

You have chosen....

Poorly....

............Now two drivers and a putter... :D

Perhaps it is you that has chosen poorly by attacking my choice.

For various reasons, I no longer throw BH. A Comet isn't for me.

Thanks for your concern.

My disc choices work well enough for my game.

Perhaps it is you that has chosen poorly by attacking my choice.

For various reasons, I no longer throw BH. A Comet isn't for me.

Thanks for your concern.

My disc choices work well enough for my game.

Haha aha! kind of figured it was FH related.. No harm intended just wanted to give you a poke....

Upon reflection I think it's probably time for a bedtime beer. Have a good night fine sir.

K3 Berg - Putts and Approaches
K1 Reko - Tunnels and shot shaping
Star Teebird - Workhorse

I struggle with having my Berg safety net or a Sidewinder. I can putt with Rekos, but I have a tendency of overshooting the basket on approaches. My alternate bag would be.

K3 Hard Reko - Putt, Approach and shot shaping
Star Teebird - Workhorse
Pro Sidewinder - Distance and right turns.

The Reko would be pulling alot of weight in this setup.

For various reasons, I no longer throw BH.

If I had to go FH only I'd probably go

Envy
Rift
Champ Eagle

Eagle is such a good FH disc. I'd maybe go INNfuse Star instead for a little extra beef or DX for distance probably depends if I know the course or if I'm playing blind

I like the simplicity of walking around with three discs in my hand. It seems that the older I get, the more often I prefer this. My current flavour of the month combo is

JK Aviar
MD3 C-line
Star Teebird 3

My first thought was, Praxis/Bullet is good enough to putt with for fun. But then I thought, what would I do if my score mattered?

Turns out it's probably this :
Omega4
Praxis/Bullet
SOLF/S Thundy

Three discs is always the hardest combination for me. Have to have discs that I can forehand and backhand at distance, and a good spread of turn, fade, and speed. Putter pulls double duty for approach and putting, but will sacrifice forehanding capabilities for putting.

First Run C-Line PD - lightly worn-in
Opaque Eagle L - fairly beat up
Soft Wizard - lightly worn-in

Gonna be playing Kit Carson and Morley a bunch over Christmas and trying to figure out what to pack.

Probably going to roll with
Muse
F5
Thunderbird

Going to miss my zone for approaches and right to left mid duties but I only have one in Z which I struggle to putt with.
Can drive Muse pretty straight.
Feel like I may just be throwing my F5 off the tee for most shots but I sure do like it!
Other option is going Eagle and Mantra instead.

For me, based on my experience of years throwing each of these:

Fossil Wizard: I am comfortable putting them and don't really throw any putters better. Envy fits the bag better currently
K1 Kaxe: I can do stable mid stuff at the distances the wizard just goes traight and straight and turning mid stuff further than my Buzzz's
Z Pred: Beat in. This was my control driver and fairway driver forever. Can throw them plenty far and shape plenty of shots FH and BH with them. Covers everything from OS control to stable fairway well.

Recommending to someone else to build off:

Electron Envy. They can putt, shape shots and go further than most putters. Maybe Neutron if you like having something more OS for putter drives or approach and are ok putting premium plastic. Would compliment the next disc well:
SP Squall: Glide, fast and straight. Covers Flippy fairway and straight to stable mid shots well.
ESP Anax: One of the best Stable to Overstable Control drivers. Goes farther than you expect, and handles wind well. Stable enough to fight some wind. If its too windy for an anax, its too windy for a 3 disc bag...

I'm a huge fan of 2, 3, 4 disc only rounds. I rarely go out with more than 4 discs, and normally carry just a putter and fairway.

Depending on the length of the course I'd go:
Wizard
Zone
Crave

or

Envy
Crave
Valk

Only keep three discs for the rest of my life:
-Envy for putts, approaches, midrange stuff (sorry Wizard I love you but I suck at driving you off the tee)
-Crave or Leopard3 for straight or curvy shots (still deciding which one I love most)
-Beefy Champ Teebird for FH or headwind stuff (until I can throw 350+, this is pleeeenty overstable for my weenie arm)

I'm too dumb or want or need anything more.