• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Perfect Solution!

TheBeardedFatGuy

Birdie Member
So many courses are forced to build on marginalized land either because park areas are too small, or the park officials don't want flying discs knocking picnickers unconscious. So, how do we solve this problem? Simple! We put courses on the only large swaths of well-manicured lawn left to us - cemeteries! Now, hear me out before you judge. Except on special holidays, cemeteries aren't usually crowded (at least not by above-ground folk). They're well-kept, usually have trees, and there's all kinds of interesting obstacles. Hell, some newer cemeteries even require flat-to-the-ground headstones that can be easily mowed over. So, why can't the land do double-duty?

What better tribute to our dead than a sky full of brightly colored plastic flying hither and yon?

Can't find a cemetery willing to go with this idea? (Philistines.) Fine, then we start our OWN cemetery/disc golf course! What hard core chaser of plastic wouldn't want to be buried there? Hell, we'll even stick your sorry corpse under a tee slab for a generous donation and put a plaque on it commemorating you. Spend eternity on a disc golf course? Oh, hell yeah.

I can't wait to see disc and penis chargers drawn on tombstones.

This is tongue-in-cheek, right?....................................................um, right???

Ummm, disc golf course in a cemetery? Ya think some folks might just find this a bit disrespectful to their emotional loss? Just a thought here as you didn't seem to have come up with it on your own.

Fine. I won't share my idea with you for a Mall-soleum. Your loss. People so lack vision.

Sounds like a sound plan to me.

Fine. I won't share my idea with you for a Mall-soleum. Your loss. People so lack vision.

I don't think you understand how bad of an idea this is.

People would ridicule it to hell and back. :| Disc golf has enough problems with the outside looking in we don't need to be throwing over any burials.

No more lost discs...good.
Dinged up plastic & possible zombies...bad, very bad.

Im with ya, all the way. In fact, cemetaries are what lead to us having parks in the first place, IIRC from my undergrad. Here's what I could find via google:http://www.theatlantic.com/national...ks-the-forgotten-history-of-cemeteries/71818/

Disc golf in a cemetery would bring it full circle!

Right on. Thanks for the link - good article. I think a cemetery/course just for players of the game would be a good intermediary move. Seriously, if you love the game, where better to be laid to rest? The romantic idea of your spirit throwing phantom discs in the light of the moon is evocative. And it wouldn't hurt for players to now they are linked to those who came before and think on their own mortality as they strive to sink a put in the Steve Wilson Memorial Basket or whatever.

How about tree cemeteries? Every time you hit a tree you are hitting a person. :\
biodegradable-burial-pod-memory-forest-capsula-mundi-3.jpg

This is a great thread!

I have designed a tombstone (guess what it looks like) that incorporates a basket mount. The course will have an almost limitless number of basket positions.

Not going to lie, I have seen cemeteries where I have thought "That looks like a great place for a course, if there weren't tombstones there!". Keywords: "If there weren't tombstones there".

Bryant probably wouldn't mind. Rest in Peace, Bryant.

Attachments

• 11934995_1034372609948670_4814101911820311906_n.jpg
    11934995_1034372609948670_4814101911820311906_n.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 75