• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Preserve Championship 2023

The big news is so far that Natalie Ryan is playing. .might be an awkward card

Especially after a certain IG post by a now card-mate. Should be a fun day.

I think I'll just watch the two European tournaments this weekend. Lovely courses and no stress.

Catrina playing good - good for her.
When she got over her putting woes a year or so ago I would have bet anything that she would be on the podium for numerous events, but it didn't happen. Many of us said that her putting was the only thing holding her back.

I like the Preserve for the very reason tomsdiscs posted.

No phony ob.

I don't have a problem with birdie fests.

Cale knows the property, and it can get windy up there(native Minnesotan), and letting the elements decide kicks butt over a line of string on a ball golf course for OB.

OB should be natural: you shank in the woods, you pay the price being in jail.

Your disc catches a gust and ends up a foot on the side of an arbitrary line of prairie vs. ball golf course?

Let them play and compete to make great shots.

Last edited:
Catrina playing good - good for her.
When she got over her putting woes a year or so ago I would have bet anything that she would be on the podium for numerous events, but it didn't happen. Many of us said that her putting was the only thing holding her back.

The field is significantly better than it was even as little as a year ago, nonetheless 2 to 3 years ago when she was really struggling with the putt. Also, as her putting has improved, she's had issues with her form and consistency off the tee. Lucky for her she's been putting well this year through that or she wouldn't even been making the cut at events, which is happening to players who always used to show up and cash no matter how bad they played as little as 3 years ago.

She probably spent so much time over the past few years working on that putt that her drive game got a little neglected. Sometimes that's how it works.

Shoot, I remember the FPO days of 2013 when Paige could shoot really bad for her (didn't happen often) and still make the lead card. These days if she does that she's down in 30th place and misses cash.

Last edited:
I don't see any fear or concern in the above post. Just an opinion that various FPO players may escalate their tactics, which, seems evident based on what they're vocalizing?

It's a tactic, he makes everything about fear for some reason.

Your use of the word "tactic" belies your purpose and role here.

I love that I live rent free in you head and that you have created a "purpose" and "role" for me. It sounds a bit..er ummmm....trying to figure out a way to say this that won't get my post deleted... weird to me. As if you recently consumed too many shrooms.

I've been hanging out at hole one for a while. Favorite moment so far is Silas almost missing his tee time, drops bag, throws shoes over wall, quick change, throws 450ish. Awesome.

Kristin got the hot round but that was a strange "bad hole" she had . .one of the worst drives of the tee i have seen from KT. . Why go standstill if thats not her strong shot

Latest posts