• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Legacy] The Prowler

in4d

*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*
"The Prowler is a stable, controllable beaded putter. A very predictable flight break allows you to commit to chain crashing with little concern of an overthrow. A healthy bead keeps the break-in period slow. And in turn, makes it easy to rely on your line, leaving no flight surprises. Putt with Confidence." - by Legacy Discs

6Zapzfdm.jpg

This is what im waiting for, hope its like my old Wizards

Can't wait. The clutch has served me well but I want to get back to something closer to the wizard. I lost my OG black circle team stamped protege clutch when a roll off the cage went into the water and the wind carried it out of reach quicker than i could react.

Glad you put the Wizard on top in that pic, where it should be.

that stack looks very interesting in4d.

damn if legacy ain't callin my name.

Why isn't the Clozer in there for comparison?

Prowler: Diameter 21.2, Height 2.2, Rim Depth 1.4, Rim Thickness 0.9, Rim Config 61.50
Wizard : Diameter 21.0, Height 2.1, Rim Depth 1.8, Rim Thickness 1.0, Rim Config 59.25
Judge : Diameter 21.2, Height 2.0, Rim Detph 1.5, Rim Thickness 1.1, Rim Config 58.25
Clozer : Diameter 21.2, Height 2.1, Rim Depth 1.4, Rim Thickness 0.9, Rim Config 58.25

Rim Configuration - The rim of the disc is held perpendicular to a contour gauge having 13 probes per cm (such as the Valued ST142). The rim of the disc is then pressed gradually into the gauge to a depth of 5 mm. The resulting movement of each affected probe is measured to the nearest 0.25 mm, and then totaled to produce the rim configuration rating. The ratings of three samples are determined, and the median score is used as the final rating.

You're comparing depth when you say that?

not the dept, but the actual shape of the "wing" or edge, the way its beveled off is like a judge but a little more rounded off and less rim thickness closer to a wizard..

idk, maybe ive just been looking at it too much lol im super excited for this release.

I'd definitely take something in between the Judge and Wizard, stability-wise. Curious to see if that's what the Prowler flies like...

I'd definitely take something in between the Judge and Wizard, stability-wise. Curious to see if that's what the Prowler flies like...

I'm pretty invested in Judges at this point, but I'd love something from Legacy that could take its place. I dropped Wizard because I got tired of "the hunt"'and had already cracked/lost the ones I liked the most. The Clutch putts well for me and is a decent straight flier but just doesn't feel great in my hand. Clozer lacks the glide I want and feels too much like the Clutch. I'm looking forward to the Prowler release.

I'm pretty invested in Judges at this point, but I'd love something from Legacy that could take its place. I dropped Wizard because I got tired of "the hunt"'and had already cracked/lost the ones I liked the most. The Clutch putts well for me and is a decent straight flier but just doesn't feel great in my hand. Clozer lacks the glide I want and feels too much like the Clutch. I'm looking forward to the Prowler release.

^This

Clutch could feel better in the hand, Clozer could have more glide. Both are great putters and i can adjust for my preferences but the Prowler might be exactly what i need. Too bad there isnt baseline Ions, thats probably what i would be throwing right now if i could.

Prowler: Diameter 21.2, Height 2.2, Rim Depth 1.4, Rim Thickness 0.9, Rim Config 61.50
Wizard : Diameter 21.0, Height 2.1, Rim Depth 1.8, Rim Thickness 1.0, Rim Config 59.25
Judge : Diameter 21.2, Height 2.0, Rim Detph 1.5, Rim Thickness 1.1, Rim Config 58.25
Clozer : Diameter 21.2, Height 2.1, Rim Depth 1.4, Rim Thickness 0.9, Rim Config 58.25

Interesting comparison to the DGA Steady:

Diameter 21.2, height 2.0, rim depth 1.4, 1.0 rim thickness

Protege, Icon and Gravity Prowlers are hitting retailers for a release on the 17th. Anyone thrown these? Wizard/KC Aviar replacement?

just got some protege Prowlers Yesterday, they are like a wizard with better plastic and im absolutely loving it. Honestly i couldnt be happier with mine, if you get a chance try one don't think twice, the last time I liked a putter so much was with the Ion and finally i have soething very similar with the best plastic ever! :D If you like a big bead putter just get one

These are the new durable run of protege btw, its pretty nice stuff in a putter..

Last edited:

Latest posts