• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm digging the backpack cart. When someone gets that just right, they will make a killing.

I'm getting pretty close on the backpack cart just got the flip up seat dialed in. My retailers are going to be very happy after we get production ramped up.... #patented ��

Do you think the slime will be enough for the tires or have you considered putting in a solid tube? I would be curious about what others have done as well.

If you bought the Zuca version of the cart, it looks like it would not take the old rainfly that require magnets to attach (they do not appear in the Zuca cart pictures). But you will be able to buy another version of the rainfly directly from the RR site soon (not sure on timeline, but I would guess a month or two). It will fit either the Zuca or RR built carts without magnets and looks to be a better overall design than the old rainfly.

RR putter pocket has not officially been released. Some of the old pictures with a putter pocket were just tool belts from places like Home Depot. It might be cheaper to find and attach your own version but you can just wait for the release from RR. This one can be moved easier b/c of the Velcro and looks to have lots of slots for things other than discs. I doubt I will buy one, but looks pretty good (hell, in two months I will probably have changed my mind and order one).

Ive definitely considered a solid core tube, but they are about $25-35 and the slime was $8 so for now Ill give that solution a try. Played my first few rounds with the Zuca and its fantastic. Im so pissed I bought a Prodiscus bag for $300 and could have had this all alone.

Im so pissed I bought a Prodiscus bag for $300 and could have had this all alone.

Lol yeah its funny to look at the other bag threads and see everyone talk about how much lighter their new backpack is compared to the old backpack to justify the crazy price.

I feel like i made the correct upgrades throughout my dg years.

Started with grocery bag, then innova starter bag (held like 5 discs), then fade crunch box with single shoulder strap, then phenix core with quadshocks, then Grip L series, and now Ridge Roller. This is where my bag journey ends. I feel like i made a practical and meaningful upgrade each time.

I dont get upgrading from one backpack to another and having a substantial difference.
IMO this is how ppl should upgrade in order to justify price and functional improvement
Single shoulder strap/quadshocks/backpack/Cart in that order

Lol yeah its funny to look at the other bag threads and see everyone talk about how much lighter their new backpack is compared to the old backpack to justify the crazy price.

I feel like i made the correct upgrades throughout my dg years.

Started with grocery bag, then innova starter bag (held like 5 discs), then fade crunch box with single shoulder strap, then phenix core with quadshocks, then Grip L series, and now Ridge Roller. This is where my bag journey ends. I feel like i made a practical and meaningful upgrade each time.

I dont get upgrading from one backpack to another and having a substantial difference.
IMO this is how ppl should upgrade in order to justify price and functional improvement
Single shoulder strap/quadshocks/backpack/Cart in that order

Well said!

I practically giddy down here in North Carolina...

Hello Scott,

Your package from RidgeRoller disc golf carts LLC is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number.

I got my Zuca cart in the mail yesterday, and I took it out for a quick 9-hole round in the snow this afternoon.

I love the cart, but I have a couple questions:

Pole Problems: Did anyone have a hard time securing the second pole into the base pole? I tightened the clamp as much as I could by hand and had to force the clip into place to keep it from spinning. Did everyone else have that difficulty in tightly securing the middle (or second) pole?

Disc Rack Rambles: This is seriously not a problem, but the internal frame (or rack) seems to move a fair amount when using the cart. In a previous post, someone said they zip tied the frame. Can someone show pics or explain how they did this? The discs are always stable and I can't imagine them falling out. I would just like to see the frame secured in one position and squared up on the front end of the bag/cart.

I love the cart and I'm super excited to learn more about modifications that others have implemented.

I got my Zuca cart in the mail yesterday, and I took it out for a quick 9-hole round in the snow this afternoon.

Pole Problems: Did anyone have a hard time securing the second pole into the base pole? I tightened the clamp as much as I could by hand and had to force the clip into place to keep it from spinning. Did everyone else have that difficulty in tightly securing the middle (or second) pole?

Disc Rack Rambles: This is seriously not a problem, but the internal frame (or rack) seems to move a fair amount when using the cart. In a previous post, someone said they zip tied the frame. Can someone show pics or explain how they did this? The discs are always stable and I can't imagine them falling out. I would just like to see the frame secured in one position and squared up on the front end of the bag/cart.

I love the cart and I'm super excited to learn more about modifications that others have implemented.

I did not have any issues with the clamps so not sure what to say to that one. Also have not noticed any issues with the rack moving around too much at all. You might want to take some pictures so others and yourself can compare because I am probably wrong but something might have shifted on yours?

I don't know about the rack itself rattling, but I know that my discs make quite a racket when moving about. Uneven terrain makes it quite a bit worse. I'm still working on a solution for that.

I don't know about the rack itself rattling, but I know that my discs make quite a racket when moving about. Uneven terrain makes it quite a bit worse. I'm still working on a solution for that.

There really is no good solution. Backpack bags do this too. Unless there is something holding the discs upright, they are going to lean when you take a disc out and rattle a bit. The only thing I can think of is if you had two foam tubes (like pool noodles, but obviously thinner) that you put the discs between. The foam would be tight enough to hold the disc upright even with nothing on either side of them. Maybe this could be done, but would be awkward in a bag.

Oh yeah, I often throw in a towel on the racks to take up space I don't use. Then you can shift it over some to hold the discs more upright when you take one out. Not perfect, but it works and is a good place to store towels as well, two birds and all.

Last edited:
Got mine today a played a round and it was awesome not having to pick up and set down a bag and stool.
Couldn't be happier.
6681581979ac3ae702dfd77b280e7c48.jpg

177cb17d907d9a34b0cfeb90f2e5a004.jpg

2cee60660a9bbbec6c3c209ed5639da3.jpg

First Purple Owner??

I think I may be the first to own this beauty in purple! Just came in today and I can't wait to make my first loop. Amazingly easy to put together. Full review forthcoming, but had to share.

picture.php

picture.php

I definitely don't hate that purple. Is that your office, Scotty? :thmbup:

That's a cool setup, I just noticed the "office" type chairs, mixed with discs on the wall. Sweet.

Ive definitely considered a solid core tube, but they are about $25-35 and the slime was $8 so for now Ill give that solution a try. Played my first few rounds with the Zuca and its fantastic. Im so pissed I bought a Prodiscus bag for $300 and could have had this all alone.

So far my experience with adding slime has proved disappointing. it will not stop thorns or anything else that pokes through. it might slow the leak a bit, but not enough to be worth it IMO.

I just replaced the standard tubes with some "heavy duty " ones the guy at a local bike shop said should be better so we'll see how that goes.

So far my experience with adding slime has proved disappointing. it will not stop thorns or anything else that pokes through. it might slow the leak a bit, but not enough to be worth it IMO.

I just replaced the standard tubes with some "heavy duty " ones the guy at a local bike shop said should be better so we'll see how that goes.

I put heavier tubes on my gottagocart 3-4 years ago and they've been great. Rarely need air and Wawa now has the old style small brass 45dg fitting that fits inside the rim so I don't have to fight flats nearly as much before.

I didnt like my frame moving either so i just used two zip ties and secured it to the front, problem solved!

I'm going to be making a video on everything I do to the RidgeRoller before I ship them. If you do these few mods it will address every issue you have with the Zuca. And your carts will be money! I will get it done in the next couple days. Kills me to see this when just a few minutes of time would make there Zuca AT carts awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts