• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Ridge Roller !! "Production version"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Won a Ridge Roller on a Facebook raffle, then ordered a rack from DiscStalker got it personalized and shipped. I took it out today, I don't know if I like it better than my Bagboy+Ranger bag but it seems to be growing on me. Having extra's and throwaways is handy, there are 28 total discs on there, 3 putters, 6 Rocs, 3 throwaways, 14 fairways/drivers, and 2 putters in the side pouch. First impressions are that it has less storage space, the putter pockets are HUGE I am thinking of putting something in there to stop the putters from going in so far, and it has no mini/scorecard holder. The positives are it looks great, seat height is taller than my DD stool, the cart pulls really well, and it has more than one function I can take the rack out and it becomes a great picnic or even a travel bag. I will take it to a course that has more hills later in the week, that was the weak point of my original cart.

How do you like the wooden rack? Did you try tilting it forward to see if they fall out? What about when the top rack isn't full, do the discs lean over much? I live near Disc Stalker and would consider this, but my rack that came with it has given me no problems so far.

WOW!

So on my virgin loop with my RR in a tournament on a really not cart-friendly course, I lose one of my axle nuts. (not a design flaw, but a ScottyLove flaw as I had never taken it apart before and I didn't tighten it at all). I was only 2 1/2 holes into the tournament and quite panicked.

However, this cart is so well balanced that it made it through two rough rounds without the wheel ever coming off!!! THIS IS AN AMAZING FACT FOLKS!

AGAIN, the setup pictured below made it through rough terrain with huge elevation changes. Sure I babied it a bit and pushed instead of pulled when I could, but I didn't have to lug it around all day like I originally thought I would have to do.

Can't wait to get a replacement nut and get this baby back out for another round.

picture.php

How do you like the wooden rack? Did you try tilting it forward to see if they fall out? What about when the top rack isn't full, do the discs lean over much? I live near Disc Stalker and would consider this, but my rack that came with it has given me no problems so far.

I can't watch videos at work without the internet cops on my case...so I assume that the shelves were fully loaded with discs. And also, Impressive!

So I had a really bad (or Awesome) Idea last night. I was looking at my Upper Park Shift and thought, hey that looks like the same color as my cart. Then I'm like, let's put it on the handle bar and see how it looks as a putter pouch! It kinda worked. I'm thinking now that I may want to snag a Focus just to try this out.

Or maybe like I thought last night, maybe this isn't a good idea!

Attachments

• DSC_0069-2.jpg
    DSC_0069-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 159
I've got the tool pouch from the OP on mine. At first, two discs in there was a bit snug, but I cut out the small side inner pockets in the large slot, and now two putters fit freely, and three fit a bit snug. Really nice option, IMO. Easy release bag, as well.

I've got the tool pouch from the OP on mine. At first, two discs in there was a bit snug, but I cut out the small side inner pockets in the large slot, and now two putters fit freely, and three fit a bit snug. Really nice option, IMO. Easy release bag, as well.

That's what I'm using right now, but I'd like to have some more discs up there. More discs is Much More Betterer!

That's what I'm using right now, but I'd like to have some more discs up there. More discs is Much More Betterer!

I COULD fit 3 in there, but 2 ain't bad. I've got an original RR, and I need to put some dividers in the bottom to keep stuff from rattling around so much.

I COULD fit 3 in there, but 2 ain't bad. I've got an original RR, and I need to put some dividers in the bottom to keep stuff from rattling around so much.

The rattling is the only thing that bothers me about the cart and it's really more annoying not a real problem. I really don't think I could go back to a bag I just love the ridge roller.

I was surprised to hear people were having issues with the disc rack I've had my cart since Christmas and I'm very hard on it no course is rough enough to stop me from using my ridge roller. After hearing about durability issues( even though the rack is all I've heard about) I have been putting my cart through some abuse to see what it's flaws are I've been hitting rock jumps and grinding logs and pushing it through river beds of solid rock as rough as I can. I haven't had anything fail yet even my disc rack looks pretty much new no droop or anything, and I carry it full.

The rattling is the only thing that bothers me about the cart and it's really more annoying not a real problem. I really don't think I could go back to a bag I just love the ridge roller.

I was surprised to hear people were having issues with the disc rack I've had my cart since Christmas and I'm very hard on it no course is rough enough to stop me from using my ridge roller. After hearing about durability issues( even though the rack is all I've heard about) I have been putting my cart through some abuse to see what it's flaws are I've been hitting rock jumps and grinding logs and pushing it through river beds of solid rock as rough as I can. I haven't had anything fail yet even my disc rack looks pretty much new no droop or anything, and I carry it full.

DO you do some 1080 flips too? :hfive: :popcorn: Holy Cow!

My biggest issue are the tubes, I had mine for 2 days and one ruptured. I bought some more and and another rupture. Not a Zuca or R.R. Problem, buts still annoying.

DO you do some 1080 flips too? :hfive: :popcorn: Holy Cow!

My biggest issue are the tubes, I had mine for 2 days and one ruptured. I bought some more and and another rupture. Not a Zuca or R.R. Problem, buts still annoying.

Lulz if only I could find a rock jump big enough! Seriously though I beat the crap out of this thing, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had a tube issue yet. I see so many comments here and the delta thread about them. Heavy duty tubes should solve the problem.

You can buy never-flat tubes and put inthe tires. I was told walmart sells a "Bell" brand 26" tire that you can cut in half and use for both tires. Should be less than 15$ and will solve flat tires forever. Im doin this over the weekend. I will post pics to help out my RR peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts