• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The River

Colorshift will not be easy to find. They don't make Rivers in colorshift anymore. You might be able to find a Skulboy River in colorshift, but it won't be cheap. Discgolfcenter.com currently has just over 20 Gold Line Rivers. Marshall Street has a ton as well.

I usualy dont let it bother me when I lose a disc. But when I lost my last colorshift River I was realy upset and kicking myself for tossing it. So the news of no more coloshift Rivers has me kicking myself all over agian. :wall:

leaves forum and goes to sit in the corner and cry a little bit.:(

And just where did you find this out from? I don't think that is true at all. They are making all kinds of discs in colorshift so why would they just stop making the River in it?

They don't make them currently, I guess would be a better phrasing. They are having issues with the plastic in the way they used to make everything pearly/swirly and shifty. Almost everything comes out mostly solid colored now. You'll get some "natural beauty" type color mixing. But the true lava shift I haven't seen in months coming in on new shipments.

Hopefully they will get back to making them, but unless I'm just missing them, I haven't seen any hitting the shelves recently. I'm sure there are still a few older ones floating around in retail markets, though.

Well if they don't make any more colorshift and swirly/pearly Rivers then I guess I am lucky to have a stack now. All thanks to the mp!

My beauty. I'm never letting this one go.

looks just like my skulboy.

29de7b95.jpg

So here is a question on average would you guys say rivers come domey or flat?
My skulboy is board flat but I just acquired a opto one that has quite the pop top.

flight difference are obviously there the flat top has a nice stable line with minimal fade and the poptop has way more fade...

Last edited:
I say on average Rivers are slightly domey. I have several that are flat also and most of those seem to be more understable than the normal domey type. I also think GL tends to be flatter than Opto in most cases.

Sounds about right. GL tend to be more flat and flippy. Optos have a slight done and some more stability. But as with many discs, this is all subject to flukes and random weirdness.

Agreed. All my GL's are flatter compared to my Opto's. My TR is about the same as my flat GL. That said, I don't have one that is close to flippy. TR is beat to neutral, and the GL's are less stable than when new, but still not neutral yet. Opto is the same as when new. They wear like iron.

True. I should have said less stable or more likely to beat into understable. My lingo be bad.

Someone was saynig the dayglo ones are pretty domey, and they are. VS my pretty flat and stable GL, they have more dome and a lower PLH, which results in ..pretty much the same flight path.

My optos have had more dome in general, but the two GLs that came in the mail this week are pretty much identical to them in appearance, but less stable.

My beauty. I'm never letting this one go.

You guys are making me so jealous with these beautiful color shift discs. Seeing these pictures on here is what made me want to try some Latitude out. I have a saint and river ordered, but I'm super bummed that Latitude is having problems getting the color shift to work. I seriously hope they can get this problem fixed so I can get a few of those!

Someone was saynig the dayglo ones are pretty domey, and they are. VS my pretty flat and stable GL, they have more dome and a lower PLH, which results in ..pretty much the same flight path.

My optos have had more dome in general, but the two GLs that came in the mail this week are pretty much identical to them in appearance, but less stable.

Just saw one of those dayglow GLs yesterday...freaking awesome.

Finally got a chance to get out and throw this bad boy, and I'm diggin' it! :thmbup:

This one is 167, and as you can see it's got a nice dome to it. Nice and stable for me, too. I could work a nice hyzer or a sweeping anny - or dead straight on a low-ceiling shot. And this color really pops!

8242828092_81acbdedef_c.jpg

8241759607_1bdc5f3771_c.jpg

8242828534_419516c1b2_c.jpg

Latest posts