• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] The River

My green Pain is my only swirly GL. I ahve a Saint with some solid chunk looking parts. The disc's smooth, obviously, but I see that sort of thing way more than the swirls. Makes me think they're just pumping out the discs as fast as they can. I'd guess one would have to 'pulse' the plastic in to get that iris look.

That said, River is one of my favorite molds. I got my first one over a year ago, opto, and it's only lost a tick of stability since then. I also have two GLs in the bag. One goes more or less straight, the other is a great turnover disc. Ordered a couple more mid-weight (168, 171) GL during the discgolfstore sale. :D

Lava Skulboy
attachment.php

Attachments

• Lat64River176GL-Skulboy.jpg
    Lat64River176GL-Skulboy.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 195
6 months ago, my employer marched all the drivers in the room and told us in 6 days we would no longer be employed there, and a contractor was taking over, and we could work for him, or leave. So, after 11 years there, I lost my pay, my benefits and insurance. Well, I did some mad running round, and got hired on where my brother works, 10 days later, working for an industrial gas plant, knowing not a damn thing about the gas business. Well, 6 months later, and tons, and tons of training later, I am finally able to slow down and take a breath, but its been overwhelming . That is one reason I havn't been here, because I have been going from working at night , to working days, and going through tons of training.

The good news is , I don't work every Friday night anymore, so I can now play on Saturday mornings, which has been great. I plan to play in a ton of tournaments next year, now that I have the time to do it. So, that is why I havn't been here in the last few months.

Welcome to the world of energy. The work never ends.

Welcome back to the forum. Swedish plastic rocks = fact.

The new dayglo green gl color is great. I rather have that than swirly. Got two Rivers in that now, and think I just got a saint ...Crossing my fingers. Also I like solid red better than the color shift red. But the pearly white swirls are my favorite. Got a bunch of havoc like that.

7305337680_20dbb33e0b_z.jpg

I was told that Lat 64 is having some issues with the colorshift plastic as they are getting too many rejects. They are extremely busy, but are trying to work out the kinks.
Let's hope the do, coolest plastic ever.

The new dayglo green gl color is great. I rather have that than swirly. Got two Rivers in that now, and think I just got a saint ...Crossing my fingers. Also I like solid red better than the color shift red. But the pearly white swirls are my favorite. Got a bunch of havoc like that.

The neon green Rivers I've seen are pretty cool, I'll give you that. Be difficult to lose those, lol.

All the light rivers lately have been the same: neon lime and domey. They also seem to be slightly heavier than marked, though MSt and Community both have the right weight since they weigh theirs. (I'm nitpicky about weights, so I love retailers who weigh discs themselves.)

I'm not a huge fan of neon lime as it hides in the grass to some extent. Although it's no where near as bad as dark green Ti.

Just snagged four of the neon lime ones. Super psyched to get some in the 165-167 range, as that's my butter-zone for drivers :thmbup:

Just snagged four of the neon lime ones. Super psyched to get some in the 165-167 range, as that's my butter-zone for drivers :thmbup:

These have a lot of high speed turn when thrown flat but enough late fade to pull out of it at 275ft mark and glide that last 25-50 feet.

They don't hyzer flip as well as that early run of flat white 165's. Good enough though.

I did some test flying today at my practice field, and I like very much. I see two more Rivers in my future this weekend, when I visit the pro shop

Could someone possibly post a profile pic of a River, and possibly underside shot as well? And/or answer a question? I notice that none of you are "advertised" forehanders. Is the River a disc useful to a forehander? What's the speed? I can usually tell some of this by seeing a disc, but answers/comments will help as well! Looking for a good gliding straight flyer, speed 10 or less. Thanks!
BTW those are some sweet looking Rivers posted!

Could someone possibly post a profile pic of a River, and possibly underside shot as well? And/or answer a question? I notice that none of you are "advertised" forehanders. Is the River a disc useful to a forehander? What's the speed? I can usually tell some of this by seeing a disc, but answers/comments will help as well! Looking for a good gliding straight flyer, speed 10 or less. Thanks!

Profile and bottom pics here
http://www.discoutfitters.com/products/Latitude-64-Gold-Line-River.html?fullSite=1

Honestly I don't know anyone that forehands them.

I did some test flying today at my practice field, and I like very much. I see two more Rivers in my future this weekend, when I visit the pro shop
Welcome to S.P.A.M(Swedish Plastic Addict Movement). Please see Bamm for your membership card and meeting schedule.:thmbup::clap:

I forehand them occasionally. When I do I throw them gentle and smooth on a hyzer, because I want them to follow a glidey, easy hyzer line that never turns into a hard crash. If you try to crush them full power with a FH, you probably won't be happy unless you have really good form.

Is the River a disc useful to a forehander?

Even though many people say that only certain discs are "good FH discs," any disc can be thrown forehand. The effect will only be mirrored from BH.

The problem is that it's not as easy to make keep the discs on the same plane / axis as when you throw backhand. So most players use overstable discs when they FH to compensate for torquing it over.

I will forehand a River only to get myself out of trouble. They are very nose-sensitive discs. Usually if I get stuck in some schwag on the left of the fairway and I need to straddle out. I don't flick really overstable discs from a standstill. The River lets me flick flat and it moves with little effort. It's saved par for me on more occasions than I want to admit. I'd never drive or flick forehand with any kind of run up, though. It would get too squirrelly on me.

Latest posts