• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The sun is up, the sky is blue, where will your discs take you?

ImSchizoidMan

The national forecast is for seasonal highs in nearly every major city in the U.S. this week. I know many on this site have been braving the cold and snow anyway. But with the first real warmup of the year on the way, I'm sure those who've shied away from harsh conditions will be out in force over the next 7 days, myself included.

In addition to our everyday courses, my friends and I are planning on hitting the big three in cincinnati over the next week. Who else is playing a top-notch course or two with the weather taking a turn for the awesome?

That's funny here in CA we have had great weather, almost too good, and now it's suposed to be turning around in the next week and starting to rain and snow again.

The national forecast is for seasonal highs in nearly every major city in the U.S. this week. I know many on this site have been braving the cold and snow anyway. But with the first real warmup of the year on the way, I'm sure those who've shied away from harsh conditions will be out in force over the next 7 days, myself included.

In addition to our everyday courses, my friends and I are planning on hitting the big three in cincinnati over the next week. Who else is playing a top-notch course or two with the weather taking a turn for the awesome?

plan on 36 holes tomorrow and 27 at a proposed layout sunday.

**** winter (and the coating of ice on everything here in st. louis) :thmbdown:

the weather in georgia is so sporadic i can sit out a few days of not playing when the winds are gusting and its in the forties one day, then be in the seventy degree sun throwing discs the next. a few of us are going to have a makeshift tourney at our course at UWG...we really are quite fortunate with some of the weather we have had this year thus far..looking forward to a dg filled weekend

I'll be playing a round or two and doing some maintenance on my Dixie Lee DGC tomorrow (actually later on this morning). On Sunday, another DGCR'r and I are heading down to Martinsburg, WV to play the Poor House Farm course. I'll take the mid 40s for now. :)

I play rain or shine, cold or hot.

Ronnie Van Zant Memorial
Moccasin Creek
Fore Palms

Maybe to Daytona for a little Reed Canal action.

Been a stress filled winter, have the weekend off, no huge dg trip planned but I'm definitely gonna get out and throw as much as possible this weekend.

Not me. I had surgery on my head a couple of days ago and it feels like I have a continuous migraine.

I'll probably keep playing the local courses here in southern MN for the next two weeks until I head south, but I'm not looking forward to the warm weather. I'd rather have it be 0-25F, as it gets warmer snow sticks to the discs, the plastic gets slick, and my feet get wet. Won't keep me from going out, but is just less ideal. Maybe enough snow will melt that I'll find some of my plastic out there on the course.

I'm gonna play singles at Rankin this morning, and then off to work on the new course.

AND RETURN IT IF IT HAS A NAME/NUMBER ON IT!

He said so he can find HIS plastic. So he has to.return it to himself?!:doh:

On another note, I've been playing all winter long but I can't wait for.some if this snow to start melting. Even though everything will be soaked it will dry up eventually. Im just sick of seeing snow at this point. This winter has been one of the roughest I've ever seen out here. Can't wait for it to finally end.:thmbup:

I'd rather have it be 0-25F, as it gets warmer snow sticks to the discs, the plastic gets slick, and my feet get wet.

Word! I'll take the colder weather any day. A few days of warmer is alright to get some nice crust developed on the snow base, but when I'm golfing I want it cold, mid-20s and lower. But if we're ever going to get to rolling season again, this snow has to go sometime. Hopefully I'll be rolling again in a few weeks. What we really need is some nice steady rain to get rid of this stuff a bit more quickly (preferably not on my golfing day.)

The ice is gone! Since we had a long drought before the winter storms hit, the ice melted deep into the ground. There will be very little mud, not a cloud in the sky, 10 mph wind and 60 degrees this afternoon.

I'll go to Rockwall to play both today and tomorrow (supposed to be 68 tomorrow). I can only think of a couple of holes where the mud may be a problem there... Oh Yeah!

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all 75 and wind 5 mph.

I worked yesterday morning and today and tomorrow and the next day. The winds supposed to be back up by my next day off Tuesday and then start to die down again by getting back on work Wednesday. Such is life.
At least i have an hour or so to play right after work. Still somewhat of a bummer.

Latest posts