• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

I know what I'm talking about. You stumbled upon what I was saying, I just had to say it on DGCR words not DGR words.

Okay, another relative point you made is how can someone actually quantify whether they threw at 60%. That's really the whole point here. The 500' claim at 60% was BS. More likely 80% with a disc like the Tern, at least.

I know what I'm talking about. You stumbled upon what I was saying, I just had to say it in DGCR words not DGR words.

Soooooo, that means more words, not all of them go together, and are in no particular order except for the point of the post, which is easily lost, right? Also, 50/50 shot at being accurate. At best.

I'll just say that New can throw 500'+ ... although pretty sure he can't throw a putter 300' ;)

Yeah so back to the tern. What weighs are you guys throwing. I have been throwing 169g. I am seeing about 350-375ft. With a good right to left. Not as much as the Vulcan. We do have about 6 inches of snow. Maybe when summer comes it will be 500ft. Gotta be the snow. :D:D:D

Here's one reason why I and anyone else here should doubt you distance claims:

"I've hit my neighbors house twice so I'm hitting 500 ish as well."

:rolleyes:

Internet distance must be a wonderful thing...

Lol, you've never played with him, have you?

Point is he was throwing 500 ft max effort, from an elevated tee, and at 100% power, not 60%(LOL). But you're doing 500 ft at a meager 60% no sweat? Stop griping about not being believed, and move on.

You're the one that keeps bringing up old posts. I haven't said anything about it for weeks.

Is there any chance of putting to rest this nutty notion of amateur rec players, who are also DG internet wizards, claiming to throw 500 ft at 60%?

Think about it, people, that's almost a half throw. Not even the best players in the world are capable of doing that.

Enough already.

And 'new13', no one's going to fly out to NC to see you lay an egg.

Obviously you are talking about yourself. I have played in the pro division since I was 14 years old. I won a couple of PDGA events, I have a ton of seconds and thirds against the likes of Aheart, Valencia, the Lissamans etc. I haven't played competitively in years due to having a full time job, a wife and a 7 year old son. I play for fun now and plan to compete again very soon. If you would like some lessons I would be happy to help you become a better player. I thought we dropped this weeks ago but obviously you still hold a grudge, that's sad coming from a grown man, I think you're a man anyway. Have a great day, now go improve your game and stop being the DG Internet wizard you talked about. See ya!

Obviously you are talking about yourself. I have played in the pro division since I was 14 years old. I won a couple of PDGA events, I have a ton of seconds and thirds against the likes of Aheart, Valencia, the Lissamans etc. I haven't played competitively in years due to having a full time job, a wife and a 7 year old son. I play for fun now and plan to compete again very soon. If you would like some lessons I would be happy to help you become a better player. I thought we dropped this weeks ago but obviously you still hold a grudge, that's sad coming from a grown man, I think you're a man anyway. Have a great day, now go improve your game and stop being the DG Internet wizard you talked about. See ya!

Look, Bob, no one is throwing high speed drivers 500' at 60%, now it's time to come clean on that, for gawd's sake!

You don't need to teach me anything about the game, Bob. Try and keep in mind that the disc golf world doesn't revolve around you and your past accomplishments. I mean, hats off to you for your background, but every time you try and make a point, you keep talking about your past. Most people don't care about that here, this is an equipment forum.

Adios

red Well, the jury's still out on the Tern for me. I have only gotten to throw mine about three times. I like the feel but don't quite have the hang of it yet. I am still getting better, and more consistent, D with my Wahoo. I will keep smirking on it, though.

And I wish I was around to see some 500' throws and to get some form help... Seriously.

Since the thread about this disc turned into Wanderer attacking everyone about their distance due to his own insecurities, maybe we should start a new thread?

Wanderer, try Enzyte or something to deal with your lack of "D".

Andy have you thrown varies weights in the Tern? Only going to buy one to start and pondering the weight, probably go with a 170, your thoughts. Thanks

I have two that are 170. I find that to be the perfect weight for me, as well. From what Ive thrown (all the way down to 165) the weight doesn't have much to do with the flight.

Since the thread about this disc turned into Wanderer attacking everyone about their distance due to his own insecurities, maybe we should start a new thread?

Wanderer, try Enzyte or something to deal with your lack of "D".

LOL, get a clue. Top pros like Feldberg and LoCastro have to crush discs like the Boss and Cannon to get 500', but we have a couple people here saying they can get 500' at 60% power. Watch the videos.

Not talking about distance comps at high altitude desert with crazy thermals, but one guy allegedly throwing 500' at 60% power at a field while nursing a torn rotator cuff, and the other throwing 500' at his neighbors house...while weaving through oak trees. It's laughable.

Not attacking, calling BS.

My point is that your worthless posts clutter up the tread needlessly. If you insist on having this absurd discussion you could have it with Bobby by PM. I'm not sure what you think you're proving by wasting everyone else's time here. What do you gain by arguing with Bobby and New? As you yourself said you're not going to give them the chance to prove anything to you, so either shut up or take it to PM.

Last edited:
My point is that your worthless posts clutter up the tread needlessly. If you insist on having this absurd discussion you could have it with Bobby by PM. I'm not sure what you think you're proving by wasting everyone else's time here. What do you gain by arguing with Bobby and New? As you yourself said you're not going to give them the chance to prove anything to you, so either shut up or take it to PM.

"Clutter"...you mean like you're doing now that you chimed in? Is it a one-way discussion? Or did you miss Bob's and new13's many posts? Learn how to read before you shoot off your mouth.