• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] The Tern!

My point is that your worthless posts clutter up the tread needlessly. If you insist on having this absurd discussion you could have it with Bobby by PM. I'm not sure what you think you're proving by wasting everyone else's time here. What do you gain by arguing with Bobby and New? As you yourself said you're not going to give them the chance to prove anything to you, so either shut up or take it to PM.

And since you're here, why don't you contribute by commenting on the Tern? Have you even thrown one? If you look back in this thread you'll see that I've offered comments on the disc, and answered several questions based on my experience with it. So, have at it.

Well, Wanderer might (or might not) be lacking in "D", but he's sure got stamina. Make sure your headstone reads, "Bob Brenner is a liar." Don't ever give up on the argument dude...never surrender.

Took the tern out in the field today. 167 gr. Threw it with along side the Krait, and Wraith. And as usual it seems to glide out 10 to 20 ft after I think it will hit. That being said, I get tighter lines with the other two. However, it has a lot of distance potential if there is open space.

I feel the Tern is a disc definitely worth trying no matter how much power you have or don't have. I stick to my comment when I called it a finesse distance driver, that's what it is for me and my good friend who is also a big distance thrower Marc Jarvis calls it. It flies amazingly well at lower speeds. With the right wind and right lines it is very easy to achieve great distance with Tern. It also makes a great power roller. I am throwing a proto, haven't thrown a production run Tern yet.

I feel the Tern is a disc definitely worth trying no matter how much power you have or don't have. I stick to my comment when I called it a finesse distance driver, that's what it is for me and my good friend who is also a big distance thrower Marc Jarvis calls it. It flies amazingly well at lower speeds. With the right wind and right lines it is very easy to achieve great distance with Tern. It also makes a great power roller. I am throwing a proto, haven't thrown a production run Tern yet.

I will agree that this is a good driver for most skill levels, but I disagree on it being a finesse driver. I think its cool that you can do that, but for me and most people Ive seen throw it, the discs needs a lot of room to work. I don't throw it on tight holes, rather Ill throw a Krait or a Destroyer.

The Tern is what is truly classified as a neutral driver in that it has turn and fade, but they are almost totally equal. Depending on wind, release angles and speed and all that you'll get more of one than the other, but for the most part it needs some room to get that big, distance stretching s-curves.

Bob, if it's that yeallow-green one you posted a pic of, I believe that's a production Tern, not proto. It has the stock Tern stamp, right? The proto's, or pre-production, have the star stamp.

Anyway, I agree with what you say in this post, FWIW.

Took the tern out in the field today. 167 gr. Threw it with along side the Krait, and Wraith. And as usual it seems to glide out 10 to 20 ft after I think it will hit. That being said, I get tighter lines with the other two. However, it has a lot of distance potential if there is open space.

This is an accurate appraisal, IMO.

It has enhanced glide, along the lines of a Mamba, but still not the kind of crazy glide that many of the Lat 64 and Westside drivers seem to have.

Yes, it needs room to work, this is an "S" curve driver. Other than the Katana, pobably the curviest Innova driver I've thrown.

Definite big distance potential.

How are you coping with that shallow rim?

I will agree that this is a good driver for most skill levels, but I disagree on it being a finesse driver. I think its cool that you can do that, but for me and most people Ive seen throw it, the discs needs a lot of room to work. I don't throw it on tight holes, rather Ill throw a Krait or a Destroyer.

The Tern is what is truly classified as a neutral driver in that it has turn and fade, but they are almost totally equal. Depending on wind, release angles and speed and all that you'll get more of one than the other, but for the most part it needs some room to get that big, distance stretching s-curves.

I think his calling it a finesse driver was based on stability, or lack of. Not it's flight pattern.

This is an accurate appraisal, IMO.

It has enhanced glide, along the lines of a Mamba, but still not the kind of crazy glide that many of the Lat 64 and Westside drivers seem to have.

Yes, it needs room to work, this is an "S" curve driver. Other than the Katana, pobably the curviest Innova driver I've thrown.

Definite big distance potential.

How are you coping with that shallow rim?

The rim is comfortable, however it seems like I get the occasional early release. I'm pretty sure that it's me and not the disc, though :doh:

The rim is comfortable, however it seems like I get the occasional early release. I'm pretty sure that it's me and not the disc, though :doh:

I get the occasional early release with the Tern too. I think some slippage can occur because of that shallow rim. I used to throw a Northman a lot as one of my staple drivers, and I used to get some early releases with it for the same reason...it also has a shallow rim.

Bob, if it's that yeallow-green one you posted a pic of, I believe that's a production Tern, not proto. It has the stock Tern stamp, right? The proto's, or pre-production, have the star stamp.

Anyway, I agree with what you say in this post, FWIW.

I am throwing a Proto star stamp Tern.

Are you going to question the weight of his disc until you get a time stamped Polaroid of it?

I think his calling it a finesse driver was based on stability, or lack of. Not it's flight pattern.

Correct. It is not a disc I can throw at 90 or 100% so I consider it a finesse driver. We all throw different though so that is just my findings with the disc.

I'm loving this disc. Has a nice S shot for the longer open throws and I'm finding the Glide and control to work well on longer holes here in the NC woods. Throw it powered down with a little hyzer and it stands and glides for a while. great dis so far imo and I'm excited to learn it more. It's making the bag and fits my game very well.

Also New013 throws 500'. Ive seen it.

He just cant putt most of the time.

the tern has take over my bh distance spot. love the glide and the nise s curve. I throw no where near 500'.

Market saturation. Innova gas discs which fly very similarly (Archon, Valkyrie, Beast, Groove, Katana) and yet they have to add a disc to make money. Though I love Innova discs (90% of my bag is Innova) I think Discraft I much better at making the sport easier to learn for beginners, partially because they don't make as many varieties of discs, not to mention they don't use as many types of plastic.
That being said, I'd like to try this disc out.

Latest posts