• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

The Vibram Birdie Bash!

Big congrats! You're going to have a great time, I'm sure. Right now, if I were you, I'd start small with advertising. Create a tournament on the schedule here, post it on Facebook, that type of thing. I think you'll find that right away you'll get some people signing up.

Then, as you get closer to the event, start hanging up flyers (Vibram provides them on the website) at other courses, at your sponsors' places, etc. I bet you'll get a lot of people. We already have 12 signed up (out of 30 slots) for our event and we haven't even hung a single flyer. Phantom Falls is doing even better. Think they only have 10 slots left. I mean, the event kind of sells itself.

Glad you got your event approved...can't wait to see pics from everyone's events here in a couple months!

Well I have an ace in the hole I will be using. The jr high had just put in 4 baskets as well to grow sport and get kids outside. Guess where one of the flyers are going? As soon as vibram post the link I am going to start posting it here and start a Facebook event for it. I am hoping for 40 to 50. We have 12 holes right now and we are trying to raise money for last 6. Right now we have 2 portable baskets we can use to give us 14 holes. I am looking for locals to help with last 4 baskets.

Well I have an ace in the hole I will be using. The jr high had just put in 4 baskets as well to grow sport and get kids outside. Guess where one of the flyers are going? As soon as vibram post the link I am going to start posting it here and start a Facebook event for it. I am hoping for 40 to 50. We have 12 holes right now and we are trying to raise money for last 6. Right now we have 2 portable baskets we can use to give us 14 holes. I am looking for locals to help with last 4 baskets.

When are you going to do this texhop58? I have a DB-5 that will work well for a temp tourney basket. I also need to visit some relatives in Wichita Falls... A couple of new Vibram discs would make the trip pleasurable.

Hello all

Just curious if anyone knows of any events taking place in Minnesota. I poked around on the birdie bash website a little bit and could not find anything. If the info is there I apologize, looking things up with the phone dose not allways work out.

Hello all

Just curious if anyone knows of any events taking place in Minnesota. I poked around on the birdie bash website a little bit and could not find anything. If the info is there I apologize, looking things up with the phone dose not allways work out.

None yet, but you could be the first! If you are nervous about TDing, Vibram makes it really easy. Or you could implore something with a little tourney experience to help you out.

When are you going to do this texhop58? I have a DB-5 that will work well for a temp tourney basket. I also need to visit some relatives in Wichita Falls... A couple of new Vibram discs would make the trip pleasurable.

May 4th. I posted a link in the tournament section under north Texas birdie bash

Looks like me and Mr. Rothley are in a dogfight to see who will sell out 1st...Phantom Falls or Cumberland Green? I'm in the lead right now, jus' sayin'....

BTW if you are a Disc Golfer and you live near Pine, CO you really should sign up for the Phantom Falls Birdie Bash. Any event at the Phantom is never to be missed! Paulie's a great host, and he is offering a 15 dollar lunch upgrade option that includes lunch and all-day beer tastings from UpSlope brewery.

As for MY Birdie Bash at Cumberland Green, we recently secured prize packages from 8-Bit Disc Golf (thanks throwfromthewoods!) And Born2BFly disc golf. Some will be given away as additions to the main event, and other will be used in the Ring of Fire. We also have purchased a bunch of additional Vibram discs, and will be getting even more here soon from our friends over at Infinite Discs. Going to be great!

I was born in Wichita Falls! Haven't been back since I was seven. Cromwell Drive, not sure the street number.

I'm thinking about running one of these on a course that is almost finished. I'm thinking it might be a good way to introduce people to a course that is a bit remote. My chief concern is that it's only a 9 hole course so I'll have to limit the field. Anyone know if Vibram is cool with that?

No worries on the number of holes. Limit the event to 36 (or 45 with fivesomes) and play the course twice each round. Four shots at birdieing each hole sounds fun, and fun is the key. Get people playing disc golf, having fun, and connecting with others. They'll be back to play and we grow the sport!

I do agree I have played almost 11 years now. I have just started playing in tourneys a few months ago because of snobbish players. I showed up to a course day of a tourney didn't know about. I had only played 6 months or so and didn't know how things worked. They guys were so rude about me being there. If they would of invited me to play I would of. ( I did show up before they were there). Part of the reason I never competed. They gave me a bad feeling about tourney played. I do agree with getting new people. From my experience every new player you can brig will bring 2 or 3 more. As usually they will like the sport and talk a buddy into playing and the. Someone else it's a chain reaction

My first PDGA tournament, back in 1988, I won the Am division by 14 strokes. I was told (incorrectly and rudely) that since I won an Am event that I would need to play Pro next time. At the time, I was an innocent, doe-eyed, wanna be hippy, who just had fun throwing the disc. I had no interest in playing for money and I left the tournament scene for five or six years (except VA States, which is an all around tournament like no other).

We as a DG Community need to realize the potential impact of our actions on others and take ownership of what we do and say. I'm sorry you went through that experience and am glad to have you having fun and competing now.

What about the not so internet friendly players? How are walkups handled?

This is a great question that came up quickly. The third TD FAQ addresses this.

Do players have to pre-register? Yes. Registration will close the Sunday prior to your event. This is to ensure that they get the proper shirt size and discs.

Can I get a set of Vibram discs to display to potential Birdie Bashers? Yes, order them here.

Can I accept registrations in person? Yes, but you will need to register them online yourself so they get their player pack and the available spots is accurate.

How can players learn about Vibram's discs? You can direct them to our Vibram Discs webpage.

Will I get an email when players register? Yes.

Will I get a list of registered players with their shirt size and disc choices? Yes.

Can I order extra player packs? Yes, we will include a large shirt and Ibex/Summit in these packs (unless you specify)

Can I sell mulligans? Yes and no. In the first round yes, although we ask that you make them affordable ($1 each or so). In the second round no. In the second round, the players are competing against everyone in their group for a VBB Card Prize and mulligans don't quite seem fair in that head to head situation. We understand that this is not entirely logical, but it is our position, so there you go.

Can TDs play? Yes. we suggest putting yourself on a hole close to tournament central so you finish as one of the first groups back. Also, you should have a helper to collect score cards in case your group runs late.

Am I supposed to use the $5 to pay for lunch? Not unless you want to. This is money to you as a thank you. You can give it to the course fund, keep it, or use it as a CTP or to help pay for lunch.

Will players be able to order the Lace? Yes, although weights may be limited as we are having trouble keeping them in stock. We will do our best to meet all weight requests.

I was born in Wichita Falls! Haven't been back since I was seven. Cromwell Drive, not sure the street number.

Well it sounds like a good reason to come back to the area. See the 2 falls courses and our new one in Iowa park. :). It would make my tournament even more legit lol

TD packs are in

:D I placed an order for two of the tester packs so that players could see what the disc looked liked and felt like. I am now regretting that, as some of the disc are amazing. One of the packs was bought to donate for a raffle to improve course and help buy the remaining baskets.
The soles are two amazing looking disc :thmbup:

Attachments

• 113_0009.jpg
    113_0009.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 113_0012.jpg
    113_0012.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 33
is there a good variety of weights and plastic firmnesses? i'm probably going to order one when i register my event. vibram doesn't have a lot of traction here yet, and my local club has a lot of masters and grand masters players who are really into the lighter weight plastic. i figure the readily available 150 class in all vibram molds would go over well with them.

I'm very interested in running one of these! I think my local course is a good one for it (mostly because I have birdied every hole on it, so I KNOW it can be done!). Now I just need to iron out some details... and it needs to stop raining here! :)

I'm very interested in running one of these! I think my local course is a good one for it (mostly because I have birdied every hole on it, so I KNOW it can be done!). Now I just need to iron out some details... and it needs to stop raining here! :)

I would be very interested in playing in one of these! Let me know if you run with it Ken, I would help in any way I could.............jerry:thmbup:

:D I placed an order for two of the tester packs so that players could see what the disc looked liked and felt like. I am now regretting that, as some of the disc are amazing. One of the packs was bought to donate for a raffle to improve course and help buy the remaining baskets.
The soles are two amazing looking disc :thmbup:

That is some sweet looking plastic!:thmbup: