• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] The WestSide 'King'

Huk Finn

* Ace Member *
Any body have any experience with this company? Are they associated with Latitude 64's manufacturing at all?

King driver.

speed 14
glide 5
turn -1
fade 4

http://www.westside.fi/finnish-products

I'm assuming these are loosely based off of Innova's numbers...?

And they don't even have a 14 yet.

I have no intention of getting this disc (working on Katana and Havoc first) Just thought I'd bring it up for discussion, searched and didn't see it on here yet.

Actually....I like this pic, I wanna try it now! NO!!! Sigh..

http://www.westside.fi/images/misc/king_3.jpg

What do you think? Finnish plastic. (I am a fan of the Swedish stuff, so smooth)

Last edited:
Wow. That's a wide rim. I just glanced at the site for a minute but how is it that they incorporate the Latitude stuff with theirs? Maybe a sister company?

I remember reading in the pdga magazine about this company last year, I thought I heard they were related to L64. Good possibility I'm not remembering correctly though.

And the speed 14 is not per innova's #s.

And the fade# is pretty unreal too.

The rim width is actually about the same as Destroyer's. It is larger diameter though.

About the Latitude thing, Latitude does mold them using their plastics, but unlike with the Discmania/Innova deal, the molds are pure Westside, made in Finland goodness.

The rim width is actually about the same as Destroyer's. It is larger diameter though.

I totally agree with these without actually checking the stat sheet. I held one in my hand the other day and it was surprisingly not uncomfortable. I was thinking that at that speed it was going to be wide like the Ninja. Although we are talking a relatively insignificant amount, but a larger diameter means that the wideness does not curve as much as a smaller diameter disc, making it just a tad easier to grip, less likely to cramp the fingers in a power grip. I bet that helps making it feel less obscenely wide too.

About the Latitude thing, Latitude does mold them using their plastics, but unlike with the Discmania/Innova deal, the molds are pure Westside, made in Finland goodness.

Good to know. I was under the impression that Westside/Lat64 had the exact same relationship as Discmania/Innova.

I wish I had an arm for the King. For now, I might have to settle with the Northman if I want to try this company out.

Good to know. I was under the impression that Westside/Lat64 had the exact same relationship as Discmania/Innova.

I wish I had an arm for the King. For now, I might have to settle with the Northman if I want to try this company out.
Definitely check out the Northman, it's a great disc. But I don't think the given ratings give an accurate picture of the King's power requirement. The rim is the same width as an Destroyer, and the PLH is lower than in my Echo Star Destroyers. The wing has a tad sharper concave profile, but not by much and I don't know how the wider diameter will affect the flight, but if I had to guess based on the shape it shouldn't require more power than a Destroyer, at least not significantly.

I'll know more this weekend.

The King is not a "big arm" disc. It is an easy distance disc like a Katana or Nuke, but without the mega rim. They're wide, but easy to throw compared to speed 13's

Don't let the numbers fool/intimidate you. Get a low 160s model and fire at will.

Fwiw; I think the northman can be harder to throw...cuz some of those are way stable.

I will go a step further and say that once the "big arms" try these there wil be massive griping about the high speed turn and speed 14 marking.

I'll have an answer for ya next week
Think it'll be a replacement for my favorite FH Z Force I just chucked in a surprisingly deep two-feet-off-the-edge pond? :)wall::wall::wall:)

I dunno if these will be stable enough for FH's...but you never know

E-K. Give us a little more.

Any similar flight patterns to other discs?
How you'd rate the hss/lss?
How far you're chuckin' it?
etc..

If there's a different thread for flight reports on this disc, my apologies.

E-K. Give us a little more.

Any similar flight patterns to other discs?
How you'd rate the hss/lss?
How far you're chuckin' it?
etc..

If there's a different thread for flight reports on this disc, my apologies.

There is: check page 1 of this thread for linkage
Cripes...:doh:

Latest posts